ROH TV

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
monster mafia

Re: ROH TV

Post by monster mafia »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:44 am
monster mafia wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:23 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:16 pm

Talking about ROH in general is lazy. Like wrong graphics, having Rush’s name on Bandidos belt. Stuff like that.

I just would have had a name in the finals. Not going to get any real buzz by having 2 indie wrestlers. Just my opinion
Dont watch.
Be like most of America? Okay
good luck, bye, close the door.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:21 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:44 am
monster mafia wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:23 am

Dont watch.
Be like most of America? Okay
good luck, bye, close the door.
He should change his board name too.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Nah. Like my user name and my opinions.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Dumbest user name ever.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:02 am Dumbest user name ever.
Says a guy named “monster mafia”.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Was the 8 man good? im looking forward to seeing it.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

indyfan wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:26 am Was the 8 man good? im looking forward to seeing it.
Too short. Good while it lasted
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

BurningHammer wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:10 pm The only thing I would have changed would be to have Trish Adora in the finals with Rok-C as it would have been a better match overall. That said ROH has done a great job overall with the tournament and if Rok-C wins it will be a great cure to what happened in its previous incarnation.

If ROH has a sense you build have all the women in this tournament as your division as there are some excellent talents there to really build something pretty relevant.
I agree with the idea of Trish making the Finals over Alize. I disagree about that being the better match. Alize can play the heel and I think her style fits better with Rok-C.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

kovs27 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:59 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:10 pm The only thing I would have changed would be to have Trish Adora in the finals with Rok-C as it would have been a better match overall. That said ROH has done a great job overall with the tournament and if Rok-C wins it will be a great cure to what happened in its previous incarnation.

If ROH has a sense you build have all the women in this tournament as your division as there are some excellent talents there to really build something pretty relevant.
I agree with the idea of Trish making the Finals over Alize. I disagree about that being the better match. Alize can play the heel and I think her style fits better with Rok-C.
I think charachter wise it can work for sure but Adora is a far better worker in that environment than Alize. I think Alize has shown improvement a long the way and if she really puts all she is into the match I think it will deliver. Regardless I haven’t felt this energised for the women’s division in ROH since Daizy Haze. The next step is def making these women become a great division.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Lfi won the tag team titles again when dragon lee pinned chris dickinson
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:30 pm Lfi won the tag team titles again when dragon lee pinned chris dickinson
Starting to devalue those belts.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Good Episode... Liked the Briscoes / Bandido/Horus match and the tag title match.

As for the tag belts; it did seem like odd timing. Maybe VE was dealing with some injuries; OR for some reason they want to put all the belts back on Dragon Lee. Gotta think STP retains tonight.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

So mucho tag tittle changes, not good.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Yeah The title changing hands sucks
DougN

Post by DougN »

I wonder if they put it on Dragon Lee to entice him to stay? I don't mind the title changes because it fuels faction warfare, but this one felt really rushed and nonsensical.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Well... this was a pretty uninspired episode. I'm glad i got to watch it; but i thought it certainly could have been better. Spoilers coming.... but the Pure Gauntlet was fine. Good wrestling; but never really built to any drama. The ending with Brian Johnson coming out and winning in like a minute was very ehh. Then Mike Bennett and Rhett Titus had a good match. Fine with the time limit draw; but while i was watching; i was thinking there were no promos to these matches; just guys wrestling. So i really didn't care who won. No heat. I think even some small promos between Bennett and Rhett; how they need to win this match would have went a long way. I don't recall any mention of last weeks PPV; which isn't a new problem... just continuing with the same problem they've had.

Long story short; pretty good matches; but i miss the promos. I don't need a 5 minute video packages always, but a 30 second promo could go a long way. Plus the "pure" division sorely needs a villain. I guess Brian Milona's is trying to be that; and maybe someone like Gresham turns into that; but I think there is a real opportunity for the right wrestler/character to really get over as a heel in this division. Someone like ZSJ would be perfect, but if you don't have that, use what you have.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Been saying this if roh doesn't do something about their tv situation either mlw or njpw will surpass roh even impact in the states
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Can’t wait! Sounds like an awesome episode!
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:03 am Been saying this if roh doesn't do something about their tv situation either mlw or njpw will surpass roh even impact in the states
MLW has no shot at being more popular than ROH.

NJPW will never be more popular as long as they have more Japanese than top Americans.

Impact might be already more popular than ROH.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:17 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:03 am Been saying this if roh doesn't do something about their tv situation either mlw or njpw will surpass roh even impact in the states
MLW has no shot at being more popular than ROH.

NJPW will never be more popular as long as they have more Japanese than top Americans.

Impact might be already more popular than ROH.
If mlw can stay on vice then they have more exposure then impact and single night where mlw can be viewed unlike roh has right now and let's not forget mlw was selling more tickets then roh and impact before covid even right now they seem to be doing fine ticket wise