ROH TV

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
NewROHFan2020

Re: ROH TV

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

DougN wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:45 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:07 pm
Montana wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:53 pm Soo the Detroit Lions preseason game is on FOX instead of Smackdown now; THEN the Replay later in the night of the football game is on Bally Sports instead of ROH. At least SD there is a replay; but they just aren't showing ROH this week. : (

I know this can't be the only market the TV show doesn't actually air some/most weeks. This could be the reason ROH gets "up to 500K " viewers some weeks.
There’s pretty much no way ROH TV gets even close to 500,000k in any week. There’s 100 ways to watch it, but none that matter.
To be fair, I think it's very easy to get up to 500k when you're on so many affiliates countless times throughout the week. Think about it. Waiting room TVs. Also, a LOT of people sleep with the TV on or, and this is a big one I just heard about recently, a lot of people will turn the TV off but not the set-top-box or cable box which means the program is still running for however long the time out schedule is.
I have another thread where I list the Top 25 TV markets in the US and they’re barely on in those markets.

Waiting rooms? It airs Friday thru Sunday. How many times have you seen Pro Wrestling on in a waiting room?

If someone is asleep, they’re not watching it. If they turned off their TV, they’re definitely not watching it.

Imagine getting stats and seeing that 1/4 of your audience has it stuck on their cable box while the tv is actually off. That’s not something to be proud of.
DougN

Post by DougN »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:21 pm I have another thread where I list the Top 25 TV markets in the US and they’re barely on in those markets.

Waiting rooms? It airs Friday thru Sunday. How many times have you seen Pro Wrestling on in a waiting room?

If someone is asleep, they’re not watching it. If they turned off their TV, they’re definitely not watching it.

Imagine getting stats and seeing that 1/4 of your audience has it stuck on their cable box while the tv is actually off. That’s not something to be proud of.
Well first off, I totally agree with you on the last point. I think any type of number ROH gets is nowhere near a "true" fan number. They just luck out by being free content for Sinclair.

To your larger point, it's not that I've seen wrestling on in waiting rooms. It's that I've seen TVs in waiting rooms that just stay on the same channel for hours on end. The remotes are not normally handy too.

I had to go to an ER last year and even during COVID, the TV was still on and it was the same channel when I got there and when I left.

Also, car rental places. Hotels. Et cetera.

And if they're asleep, yeah, they're not watching it, but their TV is still ON that channel. It's not like viewership is measured by recording the eyes of the people watching the TV.

I just think there's a lot of stuff like this that could easily get to 500k. But back to the first point, it's not something I would brag about. Even if 500k was a TRUE number, it's kind of sad that you can get 500k weekly to watch your show but can't sell more than a few thousand tickets for a live show.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Tv was decent this week. They re doing a good job building up Flamita. Women matches were decent.

Im looking forward to nect week Leevs Isom should be good
Montana

Post by Montana »

Another week….. ROH doesn’t air for a football replay. No rescheduled time/date.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Montana wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:59 am Another week….. ROH doesn’t air for a football replay. No rescheduled time/date.
That sucks. Lee/Isom was awesome tv match.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Montana wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:59 am Another week….. ROH doesn’t air for a football replay. No rescheduled time/date.
Do you watch on Fite TV too? I rarely have time to catch it when it airs here, but Fite TV is a godsend.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
Montana

Post by Montana »

DougN wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:00 am
Do you watch on Fite TV too? I rarely have time to catch it when it airs here, but Fite TV is a godsend.
Sometimes...but that's not a bad idea. I typically just catch the replay on HonorClub.

Just boggles my mind; how a wrestling promotion; who owns the network; can't air their own show on it. Especially when it's like episodic; and builds on the other episodes. Its surely not the only reason, but part of the reason, many fans have turned their back on ROH. Always making it difficult to follow and having to seek it out. (Not to mention, the COO, Joe Koff having the balls to say 500K people watch some weeks)

My DVR would catch it, if it simply aired at a different day/time, which it doesn't. Plus it's not even live sports it's getting bumped for. ... it's taped replay of sports after midnight.

Hopefully it gets sorted out one day.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Oh I agree. It airs in my market at 1 AM and I don't have a DVR so without Fite TV, I wouldn't watch it. I've subscribed sporadically to Honor Club over the years so Fite TV has been my go to. It's got ads (and they're MyPillow Insurrection commercials), but it's not too bad.

ROH has so much content to make a streaming service appealing and they just miss the mark.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Well the women finals are set it's miranda alize vs rok c at the ppv and kenny king cheated to win against shane taylor in the eight man tag team match
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:05 pm Well the women finals are set it's miranda alize vs rok c at the ppv and kenny king cheated to win against shane taylor in the eight man tag team match
Tournament lacked star power from the get go and then they ended up with these two? How is that supposed to draw new fans?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:17 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:05 pm Well the women finals are set it's miranda alize vs rok c at the ppv and kenny king cheated to win against shane taylor in the eight man tag team match
Tournament lacked star power from the get go and then they ended up with these two? How is that supposed to draw new fans?
Im sure no matter what roh did it would still get people complaining so they decided to go with two young talents then love or sumie again
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:22 pm
Im sure no matter what roh did it would still get people complaining so they decided to go with two young talents then love or sumie again
Well yeah, but you could have had one of them in the final or put Quinn in the final. Leave it open for a “big name” to wrestle in the final as well. I don’t think two “nobodies” wrestling for the total is a good idea when you’re trying to bring it “back”.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:26 pm

Well yeah, but you could have had one of them in the final or put Quinn in the final. Leave it open for a “big name” to wrestle in the final as well. I don’t think two “nobodies” wrestling for the total is a good idea when you’re trying to bring it “back”.
No disrespect at all but what do you like about roh because all I see is you post what you don't like about wrestling specially roh
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:28 pm
No disrespect at all but what do you like about roh because all I see is you post what you don't like about wrestling specially roh
I like that it’s 1 hour a week and has some good talent. I thought it was more “realistic” than others, but then here’s crappy Dan Hausen and PCO.

I “complain” because it’s stuff they can fix, they’re just lazy.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:48 pm

I like that it’s 1 hour a week and has some good talent. I thought it was more “realistic” than others, but then here’s crappy Dan Hausen and PCO.

So having 2 good young wrestlers in the Finals is lazy? That is the opposite of lazy. Quinn is not a finals wrestler at the moment. She needs to be built up alittle more and then pull trigger on her as champ next spring. I'm not biggest women's wrestling fan but Rok-C & Alize were the most impressive since the women returned.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:33 pm

So having 2 good young wrestlers in the Finals is lazy? That is the opposite of lazy. Quinn is not a finals wrestler at the moment. She needs to be built up alittle more and then pull trigger on her as champ next spring. I'm not biggest women's wrestling fan but Rok-C & Alize were the most impressive since the women returned.
x2, no angelina in the finals is a big win
2 young wrestlers for the gold is a big win too
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Talking about ROH in general is lazy. Like wrong graphics, having Rush’s name on Bandidos belt. Stuff like that.

I just would have had a name in the finals. Not going to get any real buzz by having 2 indie wrestlers. Just my opinion
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

The only thing I would have changed would be to have Trish Adora in the finals with Rok-C as it would have been a better match overall. That said ROH has done a great job overall with the tournament and if Rok-C wins it will be a great cure to what happened in its previous incarnation.

If ROH has a sense you build have all the women in this tournament as your division as there are some excellent talents there to really build something pretty relevant.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:16 pm

Talking about ROH in general is lazy. Like wrong graphics, having Rush’s name on Bandidos belt. Stuff like that.

I just would have had a name in the finals. Not going to get any real buzz by having 2 indie wrestlers. Just my opinion
Dont watch.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:23 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:16 pm

Dont watch.
Be like most of America? Okay