ROH TV

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
NewROHFan2020

Re: ROH TV

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:47 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:17 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:03 am Been saying this if roh doesn't do something about their tv situation either mlw or njpw will surpass roh even impact in the states
MLW has no shot at being more popular than ROH.

NJPW will never be more popular as long as they have more Japanese than top Americans.

Impact might be already more popular than ROH.
If mlw can stay on vice then they have more exposure then impact and single night where mlw can be viewed unlike roh has right now and let's not forget mlw was selling more tickets then roh and impact before covid even right now they seem to be doing fine ticket wise
MLW does have a passionate ticket buying fan base it seems. Nobody talks MLW. How many “average” wrestling fans know who their champion is? They disappear for months. Their owner says one thing, then does another. Impact Wrestling at least rates on tv ratings numbers. Has MLW’s programs? Vice and AXSTV are niche channels that aren’t very popular.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/here-ar ... 21/487776/
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Really enjoyed the main event of this week's TV. Really nice back-and-forth match that kept me interested for its entirety. I don't think much of Bennett, but between this and the Gresham pure match, I have to concede I might be underrating him. Titus is also massively improved - hard to imagine a great 15 minute pure rules match with the Rhett Titus of 2016-2019. Ian and Caprice were great as always and Hot Sauce was a welcome addition. I continue to think the sports-like presentation is one of the few things that's helping the current ROH stand out and I'd like more episodes like this going forward.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Good show tonight with promo's hyping Week by Week match,more interviews progressing storylines & some good highlights of Glory by Honor to sell Honor Club. I'm fully behind Mecca being in Pure division. He brings a new wrinkle to it and he really is underrated for his selling. I thought the 4 way should of been 5 mins longer.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Maria announced two 3 way matches and the winner of those matches will face each other a week before final battle and the winner of that match with face rok c at final battle
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:36 pm Maria announced two 3 way matches and the winner of those matches will face each other a week before final battle and the winner of that match with face rok c at final battle
Glad Miranda attacked Rok-C & Quinn made the save. Long term booking of Rok-C/Quinn should be fun but i don't know who turns on who. I think Quinn turning on Rok-C makes the most sense. The beloved babyface turn always makes for the best long term rivalries.

I'm glad PCO is leaving. I'm over his shtick long ago. Briscoes vs Rust/Zayne was really fun. Hope to see a rematch in early 2022 that gets around 20 mins. Happy to see SOS in a tag match. It's been awhile. Really underrated tag team.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:21 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:36 pm Maria announced two 3 way matches and the winner of those matches will face each other a week before final battle and the winner of that match with face rok c at final battle
Glad Miranda attacked Rok-C & Quinn made the save. Long term booking of Rok-C/Quinn should be fun but i don't know who turns on who. I think Quinn turning on Rok-C makes the most sense. The beloved babyface turn always makes for the best long term rivalries.

I'm glad PCO is leaving. I'm over his shtick long ago. Briscoes vs Rust/Zayne was really fun. Hope to see a rematch in early 2022 that gets around 20 mins. Happy to see SOS in a tag match. It's been awhile. Really underrated tag team.
I like the booking of these shows lately it feels like someone else is booking roh and brody king getting wins so it's either him or gresham vs bandido at final battle
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:25 pm

I like the booking of these shows lately it feels like someone else is booking roh and brody king getting wins so it's either him or gresham vs bandido at final battle
This weeks show felt different. It felt more like a wrestling show than the sports centric thing they were going for when they returned last year. Even having Ian/Caprice re-caping (Miranda attack) what happened is different.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:00 pm

This weeks show felt different. It felt more like a wrestling show than the sports centric thing they were going for when they returned last year. Even having Ian/Caprice re-caping (Miranda attack) what happened is different.
Wonder what is with the sudden change maybe Maria getting more creative control or Chris hero helping in creative
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:01 pm
Shanahan wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:00 pm
Wonder what is with the sudden change maybe Maria getting more creative control or Chris hero helping in creative
They announced Zayne gets title shot vs Bandido the first week in Nov. Let's see if we get some interactions between the 2 building it up. If not, it's back to lazy booking.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I agree with most of what was already said about the format and content of the episode. I'll just that I thought the opening tag match did a real good job of highlighting Taylor Rust. I thought he came off looking great despite the loss.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

kovs27 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:10 pm I agree with most of what was already said about the format and content of the episode. I'll just that I thought the opening tag match did a real good job of highlighting Taylor Rust. I thought he came off looking great despite the loss.
Say what you will about wwe but he looks like a whole new wrestler after being there for a short time. Maybe hes got more confidence now. He wants to sign with ROH, I hope they do it. Hes a guy who could really break out big time in 2022.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Willow won and a tag title match was set up for sos vs king and lee
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:59 pm Willow won and a tag title match was set up for sos vs king and lee
Another good episode of TV. More storyline progression,3 good matches & a nice upset. LFI attacking SOS after the big win was so simple yet something they didn't do enough this year. Perfectly set up next weeks title match while continuing the storyline.I like Draper/Castle as a tag team. That fit in perfectly. Willow pinning Angelina is exactly what i was hoping for. Willow needed this win. Angelina and Miranda didn't. Miranda attacking Rok-C last week has already set up that future match. Miranda didn't need to win these matches and lose again at FB. My only gripe with episode is fact Horus took another lose. That's 3 tag matches Bandido/Horus have lost in a row. I don't want Bandido pinned so maybe stop that tags or let them beat some team soon. Overall it was a good match that OGK had to win to get title match hopes alive.
DougN

Post by DougN »

I feel the same with you about Horus, but even more so with Dalton, whether or not he's taking the pin. I think Dalton should be built up as a title contender for Bandido before Final Battle. A stepping stone, but still a contender.

To your point though, they should be building Horus up as a TV title challenger.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

Dalton may have lost a step or two since his injury, but he remains one of the most entertaining personalities in the entire business.
DougN

Post by DougN »

I think he looks the best he has since his injury right now. But he'll never be back to pre-injury unfortunately.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

The pandemic really helped him. He looks to have lost 15 or so pounds and had time for his body to rest. This type of schedule is best for him.
DougN

Post by DougN »

For sure. Luckily, his charisma carries him so if he's physically at 70/80%, he's still a top talent. Just wish they would book him as such.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Well... instead of getting this weeks episode; i was treated to the one from a few weeks ago. Ironically they had the right matches on the Info; they just aired the wrong episode. Thanks again Bally Sports. At least I got the whole episode this week i guess.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Montana wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:44 am Well... instead of getting this weeks episode; i was treated to the one from a few weeks ago. Ironically they had the right matches on the Info; they just aired the wrong episode. Thanks again Bally Sports. At least I got the whole episode this week i guess.
Didn't miss much there was only two long matches and the show ended with video package of Vincent talking about the world title