ROH TV

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
NewROHFan2020

Re: ROH TV

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

indyfan wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:29 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:24 am Another pointless 15 minute match in Yehi vs Romero.
How? it was to climb higher in the rankings. Not pointless at all.
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:59 pm
indyfan wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:50 am Yeah if Sinclair ever sells ROH....its done and it should be put to rest. Dont get me wrong, i m loving the product but ROHs library is the asset here.

Happy to see ROH must have seen our convo Honorable. The did the promos during the entrances this week. good use of time!!!!
Didn't get a chance to see tv last night as our game was moved to Monday this week. Hoping to check it out once I finish off Destiny for the pod next week.
Awesome!!! i enjoyed it. I hope you do too. Both matches were good.
No reason for a match featuring a non-contracted wrestler to go 15 minutes. Especially when he’s wrestling on other programs. Could have had 2 matches with 4 ROH wrestlers. Why couldn’t we have seen Brody King beat a dojo guy in 5 minutes? Guess it’s better to keep top guys off of TV for weeks and weeks.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Rocky is a ROH legend... so he's always welcome match for a good match, especially to put over a new ROH talent. Agree it's NOT a waste of time... BUT i also agree with NewROHfan; that time could have been used for a contracted wrestler as well...or better time management. I like Rocky, and having a good relationship with him and NJPW is a good thing.

I don't think it's that big of deal.... but if you only had the same 20 wrestlers under contract every week; that could get boring quick, AND you'd have your contracted talent lose more matches. But yeah, with 1 hour ... they certainly haven't packed the episodes every week... and some wrestlers may not be on until every 4-6 weeks.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Rocky's name has value to the ROH fans and getting the win helps Yehi without having any contracted talent take an L or wasting time squashing Dojo guys. Instead he gets to pin a guy that everybody likes and has been appearing for AEW, MLW, and NJPW. It's a no-lose scenario.

Whether Rocky is contracted or not, he's an ROH guy. He's come back every year for nine straight years and he has had two previous multi-year stints in the company prior to that. He's a part of the company's DNA in the same way that a guy like Alex Shelley is. Even if Shelley wants to take extended time off for his day job, even if he wants to appear for Impact, Shelley will always be welcome in ROH and Rocky is no different.

All Rocky ever does is have great matches and build bridges.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:38 pm Rocky's name has value to the ROH fans and getting the win helps Yehi without having any contracted talent take an L or wasting time squashing Dojo guys. Instead he gets to pin a guy that everybody likes and has been appearing for AEW, MLW, and NJPW. It's a no-lose scenario.

Whether Rocky is contracted or not, he's an ROH guy. He's come back every year for nine straight years and he has had two previous multi-year stints in the company prior to that. He's a part of the company's DNA in the same way that a guy like Alex Shelley is. Even if Shelley wants to take extended time off for his day job, even if he wants to appear for Impact, Shelley will always be welcome in ROH and Rocky is no different.

All Rocky ever does is have great matches and build bridges.
ROH has 1 hour of TV each week. Did AEW, MLW, or NJPW promote his match this past week on ROH? There was no feud or no build. It was just to have a guy win a match. Why not do it in 6 minutes and give other talent a chance? If you want it to go 15 minutes, put it on YouTube or HonorClub.

It has nothing to do with Rocky, it’s about building your PPV and putting your talent on TV. Put Rocky on all 3 hour HonorClub cards until the end of time, but not on your freaking TV show.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

It seems, once again, the issue is time. Theres not enough time per week for everyone to have matches . ROH needs more promos if they cant go 2 hours.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Brody king pinned jay lethal clean on this week show
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Dragon Lee vs. Tony Deppen for ROH TV Title during the weekend of 6/5.

Tag title shot coming later.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/retur ... tag-titles
Montana

Post by Montana »

Damn… yet another week where Bally sports only airs the last 14 minutes of ROH in my local market. This is like the 3rd time in like 6 weeks. I know I can watch online, but it’s a major problem for ROH… where literally all they have is a 1 hour TV show, that doesn’t air. I assume other markets are like this as well, with the baseball season underway. Great way to lead into selling tickets for your return PPV.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

TV was back to fantastic this week. I am hard pressed to find someone who has grown on me like Draper this year. When I think about where he came from including having one of the all time worst botches I've ever seen in an ROH ring to now it's really amazing. What an in ring presence. The Castle stuff is blah but he's a 1 dimensional character at this point. Tag Title match was great, even with the DQ finish because it made sense. The continuing build to a 3 way tag with the 3 factions will be fun as they each bring their own style to the party. Really want to see some true tag teams built in ROH. A company that always has ebbed and flowed as far as tag depth has never been more absent of depth than now.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

At best in the world it's tony deppen vs dragon lee for the tv title because according to kenny king since tony pinned tracy and not dragon lee
Montana

Post by Montana »

I’m done trying to watch on Bally sports. I swear, like 7 out of the last 10 weeks ROH starts 20-45 minutes into the episode, OR it doesn’t air at all. I can’t imagine other Bally sports markets are this bad, but I’ve never watched a wrestling show, that airs so infrequently.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It will be rush vs bandido at the ppv
Montana

Post by Montana »

Actually caught this weeks show...

Thought Dutch looked pretty good against Taven. Taven looked a step off, but could just be a timing thing.

The SOTF was good television. It started off a little slow, but the finals with Bandido and Isom was really good. Bandido looked a step off too, but Isom was great. He's quickly becoming, one of the most under rated guys on the roster...which is a pretty high compliment with other guys like Josh Woods on the roster and a handful of others.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Eli looked really rusty on his first ROH since Covid - but after that he’s been great.

I thought Eli/LSG a few weeks ago was superb and an absolute coming out party, particularly for Isom. Interested to see how him running to the SOTF final two goes…
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Montana wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:52 am Actually caught this weeks show...

Thought Dutch looked pretty good against Taven. Taven looked a step off, but could just be a timing thing.

The SOTF was good television. It started off a little slow, but the finals with Bandido and Isom was really good. Bandido looked a step off too, but Isom was great. He's quickly becoming, one of the most under rated guys on the roster...which is a pretty high compliment with other guys like Josh Woods on the roster and a handful of others.
Im curious who takes starr place in the women tournament now
Montana

Post by Montana »

She hurt, or they removed her from the tournament?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Montana wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:03 pm She hurt, or they removed her from the tournament?
Maria came out and said she no longer in the tournament because she got involved in the taven vs dutch match
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Since there’s no bracket and they didn’t announce how many people are in the tournament, it doesn’t really matter who or if anyone takes her place.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Really enjoyed SOTF, the Dutch/Taven thing was another in the long line of Matt Taven embarrassments and Bill Carr wasn't the problem.
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Yeah i didnt care much for Taven vs Dutch. The SOTF was great though. The stories going in and evolving in the match was great stuff. Also enjoyed how Isom was booked. Guy looks likes a million bucks. Bandido over coming the Flamita attack reminded me of Gibson winning at Redemption 2005.

My only fear is Flamita costing Bandido the match at BITW