Best in the World Philly 6/29

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
kovs27

Best in the World Philly 6/29

Post by kovs27 »

I'll post full spoilers later but Grizzly Redwood and Alex Shelley in one night
Chrisvegas27

Re: Best in the World Philly 6/29

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Sumie got beat by karissa Rivera and Tasha steelz is the number one contender
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ROH TV Hour 1:

*ROH TV Champion Shane Taylor pins Rhett Titus. Kenny King cuts a promo on Titus.

*Angelina Love vs. Jenny Rose vs. Tracy Steelz vs. Stella Grey sees Steelz pins Grey. Maria Manic appears and destroys security.

*The Bouncers& Jay Lethal over ROH Chamion Matt Taven & TK O’Ryan & Vinnie Marseglia when The Bouncers hit their finish on TK.

*In what was billed as a NWA Match, Eli Drake defeated Grizzly Redwood. Drake cuts promo on signing with NWA.

ROH TV Hour 2:

*Coast 2 Coast won a squash.

*Johnathan Gresham vs Kenny King vs Dalton Castle vs Jeff Cobb , Gresham pins King with a hook of the tights.

*Jay Lethal Promo. Matt Taven comes out. Alex Shelley returns and cuts a promo.

ROH TV Hour 3:

*SOS beat Primal Fear in a squash match.
*NWA Champion Nick Aldis Promo. He calls out Marty Scurll and challenges anyone in Villian Enterprises to challenge him for the title at the Summer Supercard Toronto show.

*Colt Cabana promo. James Storm comes out. Storm taps Cabana with one legged crab and becomes the new NWA National Champion.

*Silas Young beat Josh Woods after a low blow. Silas says Josh has been in ROH for 2 years and hasn't done anything and no one respects him.
His promo seem to indicate that Josh needs to stop being a fan favorite if he wants respect.

*The Shinobi Shadow Squad beat Johnson/Keyes/Caberello.

*Karissa Rivera defeated Sumie Sakai.

*Rush & Dragon Lee beat the Briscoes in one of the best ROH matches this year.. This had everything you could imagine - high flying, hard hitting wrestling. Mark Briscoe got busted open hardway and bled most of match. Tremendous tag match!!

*Lifeblood and Villian Enterprises Promo.

*Street Fight: Lifeblood beat ROH Six Man Tag Team Champions Villain Enterprises. Bandido pinned Marty Scurll in a non-title bout.

End of show.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They seem to be going back to filming three episodes again and these tapings look good
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Anyone know if Flip appeared at all during the tapings? I guess he's really injured.

The wrong guy won in that four-way between Gresham, Castle, King, and Cobb. Nothing here looks bad, but I would think now is the time to start pulling strings with urgency. All of the NWA in ROH, WOH, and Silas/Bouncers stuff do nothing for me.
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:20 pm They seem to be going back to filming three episodes again and these tapings look good
Looks like there's about as many matches in a episode taping. Probably didn't list it as intentioned in the write-up.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i like gresham winning the 4 way, 2 good wins for him over the weekend.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

So our outlook for the next few months or so looks like

Lethal, Shelley, maybe mixing in King also

Probably the reformation of King and Titus in the end

Possibly should of had Dalton or King win the match considering their wins at the PPV but I like Gresham winning here, I was actually hoping for it. I can see probably Gresham getting a TV title shot and winning it further down the line.

LifeBlood/VE Feud ending with LifeBlood getting the titles, that sets up Marty leaving and Brody/PCO beating the shit out of everyone maybe leaving Brody/PCO and Flip as the remainers of VE.

Bouncers going for the Gold against GOD, I can't see them winning but you never know, personally I would like to see Coast to Coast to finally win the straps from GOD or at least have a long running fued with GOD to finally cement them.

The Womens division is finally settling into something that resembles very decent and if everyone stays around could really grow.

I'd Imagine we will get another RUSH/LEE vs The Briscoes match as well as singles matches between the two, with RUSH getting a big win over Jay Briscoe then going on to win the title.

everything else just gives nice little fillers here and there with something subtle for later.

I like what I see out of these tapings, if how I read it comes a reality in the end.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Wilson wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:27 pm Anyone know if Flip appeared at all during the tapings? I guess he's really injured.

The wrong guy won in that four-way between Gresham, Castle, King, and Cobb. Nothing here looks bad, but I would think now is the time to start pulling strings with urgency. All of the NWA in ROH, WOH, and Silas/Bouncers stuff do nothing for me.
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:20 pm They seem to be going back to filming three episodes again and these tapings look good
Looks like there's about as many matches in a episode taping. Probably didn't list it as intentioned in the write-up.
Flip came out with Villain Enterprises but Marty gave him the night off.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Just to add some detail and so I don't feel like I wasted my time making notes....

A couple of FOH matches to warm up the crowd. The second one feature The Tate Twins (The Boys) beating some Dojo team who I missed their names.

Proving Ground Match
Rhett Titus vs, Shane Taylor
Shane wins via Knockout Pucn
Kenny King leaves commentary to call out Titus for being a joke. Even points out that Titus's wife is here and he should be an embarrassment to her. Rhett eventually walks out as Kenny continues to berate him.

4 Corner Survival for #1 Contender in WOH
Angelina Love vs. Tasha Steelz vs. Stella Grey vs. Jenny Rose
Tasha Steelz wins via a Cutter on Stella. Anelina gets in her face after the match because she had it won before Tasha tossed her out of the ring. Maria Manic shows up and Angelina bails while Tasha gets in Maria's face. Security comes out to break them up and Maria destroys them again.

The Bouncers and Jay Lethal defeat The Kingdom

Eli Drake defeats Grizzly Redwood
Drake cuts a promo after the match.

Coast 2 Coast defeats Master and Machine
Match was longer and more even than I would have expected.

4 Corner Survival
Jonathan Gresham vs. Kenny King vs. Dalton Castle vs. Jeff Cobb
King demands Amy Rose help hi cheat again so she gives King her shoe. Cobb knocks it away but Gresham finds it while Sinclair is distracted and hits King with it then rolls him up holding the tights.

Jay Lethal in ring Promo
Basically Lethal confirms his rematch is at Manhatten Mayhem. Taven comes out and calls him a choker for losing at MSG. That's when Alex Shelley returns, says he could have taken the back of the line and worked his way up but is playing his veterans card and calls out the winner of the Lethal/Taven rematch.

Soldiers of Savagery squash Primal Fear with double chokeslams.

Caprice Coleman interviews Nick Aldis with Camille. Nick continues the feud with the Briscoes telling Jay when he wants a shot at the belt he's got one. Then floats the idea of a rematch with Marty at Summer Supercard. Marty comes out and loves the idea and Aldis tells him it's not that easy, Nick will defend against a member of Villain Enterprises of Marty's choosing.

Ian and Colt come to ringside for a quick update on Colt's injury. James Storm comes out with a ref to collect his 5 more minutes. He goads into Colt defending the title right then. Colt tries but he can barely stand without his cane and Storm puts him away, probably a little longer than it should have taken him. New champion.

Silas Young beats Josh Woods. The spoilers posted above cover it pretty well.

Brian Johnson/Joe Keys/ Dante ? vs. 3S
The Dojo guys have some miscommunication throughout the match leading to a 3S victory. After the match Keys and Dante argue and start fighting, broken up by security. Brian Johnson blows them off. Keys and Dante (his last name starts with a C) both looked good. Hopefully we will see more of them.

Karissa Rivera vs. Sumie Sakai
Karissa kicked out of every big move Sumie had and then beat her by seating down on a sunset flip attempt.

Briscoes vs. Rush/Dragon Lee
Match of the night. I highly recommend watching it when this airs. Rush wins hitting his finish on Jay.

Lifeblood calls out Villain Enterprises. It all leads to a 3 on 3 street fight. Bandido pins Marty doing the flipping fallaway slam from the top rope through a table. Very good hardcore match.
Last edited by kovs27 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Wow, that's an awesome report, thanks kovs. Any clear memory of who got the biggest pop of the night?

And at least they didn't go completely no-sell Flip's conscription into Villain Enterprises. I do wonder if he'll be healed in time for when Marty leaves and all that.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Wilson wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:05 am Wow, that's an awesome report, thanks kovs. Any clear memory of who got the biggest pop of the night?

And at least they didn't go completely no-sell Flip's conscription into Villain Enterprises. I do wonder if he'll be healed in time for when Marty leaves and all that.
The Boys (first people the crowd recognized), Marty when he came out solo during the Nick Aldis in ring segment, The Briscoes. Dalton Castle and PCO also got good pops. It wasn't a hot crowd and to be honest until the Briscoes vs. Rush/Dragon Lee match there wasn't a lot to get really loud about.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

So Gersham is turning heel? I know that wrestler can do different things in different promotions, but I found it a bit weird that he was underdog babyface in RoH and heel when teaming up with Brookes in other places. More consistency is a good thing in my book.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

gresham and lethal turning?

mmm
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I didn't see anything from Lethal that showed him turning. With Gresham, he only cheated against those who cheated first. It could lead to a heel turn but we don't have enough information to tell at this point.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

So, I guess Gresham will be making an eventual heel turn. That seems to be about as sensible as Flip, Coast 2 Coast, and Dalton Castle flipping heel. At least Josh Woods turning heel makes use of him in some capacity.

Kenny King is now setting his sights on Rhett Titus after his showdown with former champion Jay Lethal. which seems an odd choice unless the goal is to set up the reformation of ANX (which could work out well).

Alex Shelley with a singles run makes sense assuming it's not a short-term thing. I wouldn't mind to see him actually win the title.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Zhuge1 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:44 pm So, I guess Gresham will be making an eventual heel turn. That seems to be about as sensible as Flip, Coast 2 Coast, and Dalton Castle flipping heel. At least Josh Woods turning heel makes use of him in some capacity.

Kenny King is now setting his sights on Rhett Titus after his showdown with former champion Jay Lethal. which seems an odd choice unless the goal is to set up the reformation of ANX (which could work out well).

Alex Shelley with a singles run makes sense assuming it's not a short-term thing. I wouldn't mind to see him actually win the title.
He's been a soft heel for a while with CCK so it's not anything he hasn't done before nor could do, that said I wouldn't him cheating here is a sign of him turning. It's more taking advantage of a situation, a cunning babyface role suites him as his meant to be an intelligent guy
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Im confused.

If this is 3 tv shows, why does episode 3 have so many matches? Theres no way they can fit briscoes vs Rush and Lee and the Street Fight plus those other matches in one show
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Next show is rush/ dragon lee vs briscoes and sumie sakai vs k. rivera
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Thanks!!!