ROH "State of the Art 2019" Thread (6.1.2019)

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
TYFDK

ROH "State of the Art 2019" Thread (6.1.2019)

Post by TYFDK »

This was recently announced as a TV taping, so here we go...

ROH World Championship Match
Matt Taven (c) vs. "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams
“Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams has already competed in several main events since signing with ROH late last year, and now the LifeBlood member has earned an opportunity to challenge for the ROH World Title.

Williams will face ROH World Champion Matt Taven when ROH makes it’s Pacific Northwest debut at State of the Art, an international television taping, in Kent, Wash., on June 1.

Williams gained the title shot by winning a Four Corner Survival Match at War of the Worlds in Grand Rapids, Mich., on May 11 over Eli Isom, PJ Black and RUSH.

Taven is no stranger to the LifeBlood faction. On that same show in Grand Rapids, Taven barely escaped with his title -- thanks in large part to interference from Bully Ray -- in an impromptu match against LifeBlood’s Mark Haskins. (In fairness to Taven, it was his second match of the night. Earlier, he and fellow Kingdom members TK O’Ryan and Vinny Marseglia defeated Bullet Club (The Guerrillas of Destiny and Hikuleo) in a six-man tag match.)

Can Williams pull off the upset and leave Kent as the new ROH World Champion? Or will Taven conquer another contender to his throne?
Kenny King vs. Jay Lethal
Kenny King announced recently that he has set his sights on Jay Lethal, and his opportunity to face the two-time ROH World Champion will take place when ROH makes it’s Pacific Northwest debut at State of the Art, an international television taping, in Kent, Wash., on June 1.

King, who has been claiming that he was blinded as a result of being sprayed by The Great Muta’s mist at G1 Supercard last month, said he was going to undergo surgery this week to restore his sight. ROH officials have received no further word from King on the matter, but the match in Kent has been booked regardless.

After winning the Honor Rumble at G1 Supercard to earn a shot at the ROH World Title, King said that before he cashes in his title opportunity against champion Matt Taven, he wants to get his hands on Lethal.

King has had a beef with Lethal since last November, when Lethal -- who was then the ROH World Champion -- defeated him at Global Wars. King believes he’s the uncrowned champion because he got a three count on Lethal during the match. What King fails to mention is that he had his feet on the ropes for leverage, and the referee immediately waved off the pin.

That match notwithstanding, King has been on a roll in recent months, scoring wins over the likes of Dalton Castle, “Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams and PJ Black.

Defeating Lethal, however, is a huge task for anyone. Despite losing the ROH World Title to Taven in a Triple Threat Ladder Match at G1 Supercard, Lethal remains at the top of his game. As the saying goes, even a blind man can see that.

What will happen when Lethal and King clash in Kent?
The Kingdom vs. The Bouncers
One team hangs with wrestling royalty and the other team hangs at the bar. Now they’ll be meeting on common ground -- in the ring.

The two teams in question -- The Kingdom and The Bouncers -- will square off when ROH makes its Pacific Northwest debut at State of the Art, an international television taping, in Kent, Wash., on June 1.

The Kingdom (TK O’Ryan and Vinny Marseglia) and The Bouncers (Beer City Bruiser and Brawler Milonas) have never faced each other in a straight-up tag match. Both teams are jockeying for an opportunity at the ROH World Tag Team Titles, and the winner of this match undoubtedly will move up in the rankings.

O’Ryan and Marseglia have tasted gold in ROH before, winning the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Titles on three occasions with the leader of The Kingdom, Matt Taven. Now that Taven is the ROH World Champion, O’Ryan and Marseglia would love to bring the ROH World Tag Team Titles to The Kingdom.

They can’t get ahead of themselves, however. Bruiser and Milonas have been winning a lot of matches as of late, proving time and again that they’re every bit as good as busting skulls as they are at chugging brews.

Will The Kingdom deliver a royal beating to The Bouncers in Kent? Or will The Bouncers deliver another victory toast?
NWA National Championship Match
Colt Cabana (c) vs. Mark Briscoe
It’s obvious that the Briscoes have a problem with the NWA, and since Colt Cabana is the NWA National Champion, that means the Briscoes have a problem with him as well.

The Briscoes are livid about getting disqualified in an NWA-sanctioned match in the Crockett Cup tournament on April 27. The Briscoes weren’t happy with the NWA even before that, as they felt disrespected by the promotion for having to win a qualifying match to gain entry into the tournament.

The team the Briscoes beat in the qualifying match was Jeff Cobb and Willie Mack, who was NWA National Champion at the time. By pinning Mack in that match, Mark Briscoe earned a future shot at the NWA National Title.

On the Crockett Cup show, Cabana defeated Mack to win the championship, so now he will be the one putting the National Title on the line against Mark Briscoe.

Mark Briscoe would love nothing more than to stick it to the NWA by taking the title from Cabana, but that will be easier said than done. Cabana had a strong showing in the New Japan Cup in March, and that momentum carried over into his match against Mack.

Will Mark Briscoe take the NWA National Title with him back to Sandy Fork, Del.? Or will Cabana successfully defend both the championship and the NWA’s honor?
PCO vs. Jay Briscoe

Mark Haskins vs. Jeff Cobb

Also Appearing:

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION SHANE TAYLOR
“EL TORO BLANCO” RUSH
BULLY RAY
“PRO WRESTLING’S LAST REAL MAN” SILAS YOUNG
PJ BLACK
THE ALLURE (ANGELINA LOVE, VELVET SKY, MANDY LEON)
COAST 2 COAST (LSG AND SHAHEEM ALI)
JOSH WOODS
kovs27

Re: ROH "State of the Art 2019" Thread (6.1.2019)

Post by kovs27 »

I see it says Best of 3 series match for King and Lethal. I wonder why the multi-match stipulation.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

PCO-Jay Briscoe sounds sick! Can't wait to see that one
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

kovs27 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:03 am I see it says Best of 3 series match for King and Lethal. I wonder why the multi-match stipulation.
The first one took place at the last tapings in Chicago. I'm curious too and I hope they say something about it.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

* Four Corner Survival Match
Flip Gordon def. PJ Black, Dalton Castle and RUSH

* NWA National Heavyweight Championship
Colt Cabana (c) def. Mark Briscoe

* Silas Young def. Hijo de Squid

* PCO def. Jay Briscoe via DQ.

* Shane Taylor & Bully Ray def. 'Coast To Coast' (Shaheem Ali & L.S.G.)

* Jay Lethal def. Kenny King via DQ.

* TK O'Ryan & Vinny Marseglia def. Brian Milonas & Beer City Bruiser

VDO.AIVDO.AIVDO.AI
* Josh Woods def. Brian Johnson

* Jeff Cobb def. Mark Haskins

* ROH World Championship
Matt Taven (c) def. "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I know Coast to Coast is doing the slow heel turn but I'd really like to see them start racking up some wins again. With a weaker tag division they should be the team that gets a stronger build.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I hope ROH manage to get the episode out in time to help build to Best In the World as that would actually mean they have finally caught up on things like this, so many times, the episode is too late to air and I would have to see the PPV aired

I think we really should have noticed that this Taven vs Williams match came last so it really shows Taven is winning at BITW.

Interesting about Cobb though, as that win could mean he is actually sticking around and they are looking to do something at BITW to further him on in ROH.