Spoilers from Chicago 5/12/19

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Chrisvegas27

Spoilers from Chicago 5/12/19

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They are doing kenny king vs Jay lethal in best of three series taven vs cobb Dalton castle vs Dragon lee
monster mafia

Re: Spoilers from Chicago 5/12/19

Post by monster mafia »

*Rhett Titus pinned Rayo.

*Flip Gordon pinned Karl Fredericks.

*Jeff Cobb calls out ROH Champion Matt Taven and challenges him for a title match. Taven teases it will happen but walks off.

*Silas Young has a European wrestling exhibition which ends with him lowblowing the opponent and beating him,

*Kenny King defeated Jay Lethal. King is no longer blind.

*The Allure cut a promo, leading to Jenny Rose and Kelly Klein hitting the ring and attacking them.

*The Bouncers win a Four Corners match over The Kingdom, Coast to Coast and New Japan Young Lions Alex Coughlin and Clark Connors.

*Josh Woods wins a squash in like 10 seconds.

*EVIL and SANADA defeated Yuji Nagata and Satoshi Kojima.

*ROH Tag Team Champions The Guerrillas of Destiny defeated The Briscoes. This one was streamed live to Honor Club. Real good match.

*NWA Women’s Champion Allysin Kay defeated Marti Belle.

*Mark Haskins was confronted by Bully Ray during an in-ring promo, setting up Bully and Shane Taylor vs. Haskins and Tracy Williams. Match lasts zero seconds until the team introduced last taping (sons of savagery) runs in to attack LifeBlood. It’s a big brawl. PJ Black tries to Lifeblood but is put through a table by Bully.

*NWA National Champion Colt Cabana wrestled James Storm to a draw. The Briscoes attacked Cabana after and declared the NWA screwed them, so now they are getting the NWA back. Nick Aldis got involved but was laid out as well.

*Hirooki Goto defeated Hikuleo.

*Silas Young beat a masked wrestler named the Squid.

*Dalton Castle cut a promo challenging Dragon Lee to face him at the June Best in the World PPV. The Boys confront Castle but are laid out.

*Women of Honor Champion Kelly Klein & Jenny Rose vs. The Allure’s Angelina Love & Mandy Rose never happened after The Allure attacked them during the ring entrance.

*PJ Black & Mark Haskins & Tracy Williams (Black not officially part of LifeBlood.) defeated Cheeseburger & Ryan Nova & Eli Isom. PJ Black beats Ryan Nova with a moonsault double stomp that looked brutal. Williams challenges Bully Ray and SOS (the tag team) for a match.

*Jeff Cobb won a Four Corners match to earn a future ROH title match, beating Rush, PCO and Jay Lethal.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Some cool things happening here:

- I like what Silas is doing, proclaiming himself the best technical wrestler. Wonder if it's to set up a Gresham feud after beating him on TV twice now, or for something like another ZSJ appearance.
- King/Lethal in a Best of 3 series is random. Hopefully they set that up well on TV.
- Taven has the following to look forward to: Tracy Williams in Washington, Cobb in the future, PCO in the future. Interesting set of challengers.
- Speaking of Silas, is that Bully/Briscoes/Young/Taylor group done with? They all seem to be doing different things (Silas with his technical wrestling, Briscoes vs. NWA, Taylor as TV champ.)
- Dalton Castle vs. Dragon Lee should be a phenomenal match.
- Just what do they even plan on doing with Josh Woods? Like who could he even have a fun feud with?
- Is Juice going to be back anytime soon? I want more cool things to happen with Lifeblood.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Maybe having a full creative team isn't a bad thing
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Assuming Taven retains since it's so early into his reign, I wouldn't be a big fan of ending Cobb's undefeated streak to Taven. Fingers crossed they decide that Taven isn't working and they hot shot it to Cobb at Best in the World. I've been hoping they are going to build to a Cobb versus Rush streak versus streak match.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Does anyone know why so much of this was broadcast on HonorClub, and in a format where it clearly wans't a finished product?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:15 pm Does anyone know why so much of this was broadcast on HonorClub, and in a format where it clearly wans't a finished product?
I only saw the Briscoes vs. GOD match. Did the feed pick back up after the match?
Big Red Machine

kovs27 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:15 am
Big Red Machine wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:15 pm Does anyone know why so much of this was broadcast on HonorClub, and in a format where it clearly wans't a finished product?
I only saw the Briscoes vs. GOD match. Did the feed pick back up after the match?
They broadcast pretty much everything from the beginning (including the supposed dark match) through the NWA Women's Title match, though the stream went out for LIJ vs. Nagata & Kojima, but other than the Briscoes match they didn't seem to realize they were on the air, as Ian and Colt were calling it like the would on TV each week (using that timeline, I mean, talking about the Portland and Kent shows being "this weekend," pitching to video packages we didn't see, talking about things that I guess were taped in Pittsburgh that hadn't aired yet as if they had happened already even though they did not act like those things had happened already when they were doing commentary for the rest of the tour, spoiling the main event by talking about it as if it had happened already, and leaving the audio on during what would have been commercial breaks, so we could hear things like Colt and Ian joking around, or Ian getting production cues. It was astoundingly WCW-esque.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:38 am
kovs27 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:15 am
They broadcast pretty much everything from the beginning (including the supposed dark match) through the NWA Women's Title match, though the stream went out for LIJ vs. Nagata & Kojima, but other than the Briscoes match they didn't seem to realize they were on the air, as Ian and Colt were calling it like the would on TV each week (using that timeline, I mean, talking about the Portland and Kent shows being "this weekend," pitching to video packages we didn't see, talking about things that I guess were taped in Pittsburgh that hadn't aired yet as if they had happened already even though they did not act like those things had happened already when they were doing commentary for the rest of the tour, spoiling the main event by talking about it as if it had happened already, and leaving the audio on during what would have been commercial breaks, so we could hear things like Colt and Ian joking around, or Ian getting production cues. It was astoundingly WCW-esque.
Wow, that is weird. I watch the Briscoes/GOD match live on Honor Club but I usually log in around 10 minutes or so before exclusives start. I missed all of that.
Big Red Machine

The footage is still available through several... less than legal means, but it appears that the only people who saw it on Honor Club were me and one reddit user:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ROH/comments/b ... hicago_tv/