Official Saturday Night at Center Stage' Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Chrisvegas27

Re: Official Saturday Night at Center Stage' Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

During the broadcast on honor club the announcers said black and tracy was signed to the company now
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Zhuge1 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:28 am Nice to see Garrison and Kross land in two matches on the card (as well as a dark match the following night at Honor Reigns Supreme).

PJ Black was just signed for the weekend, right? Not an actual roster addition going forward?

Apparently Titus has a new gimmick -- at Honor Reigns Supreme he came out to music that was quite similar to his days as Romantic Touch and seemingly has dropped the whole "Big Dawg" thing.
Because becoming The Romantic Touch again is an upgrade? UCH. Why can't he just go back to being "Addicted To Love" Rhett Titus?
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:52 am During the broadcast on honor club the announcers said black and tracy was signed to the company now
Thanks! I was at the show live and so didn't hear the commentary.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

The Formation of LIFEBLOOD in ROH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoW5owqqNy4
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

ROH PRESENTS SATURDAY NIGHT AT CENTER STAGE
(INTERNATIONAL TV TAPING)
SATURDAY, AUG. 24, 6 P.M. EASTERN
CENTER STAGE
374 WEST PEACHTREE ST. NORTHWEST
ATLANTA, GA 30309

ALREADY SIGNED:

“THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL vs. BANDIDO

SIGNED TO APPEAR:

ROH WORLD CHAMPION MATT TAVEN
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION SHANE TAYLOR WOH WORLD CHAMPION KELLY KLEIN
JAY LETHAL
RUSH
JEFF COBB
DALTON CASTLE
KENNY KING
PCO
BRODY KING
MARK HASKINS
TRACY WILLIAMS
THE ALLURE
MARIA MANIC
SILAS YOUNG
PJ BLACK
THE KINGDOM
THE BOUNCERS
SOLDIERS OF SAVAGERY
CHASE OWENS (NJPW) OKUMURA (CMLL) FELINO (CMLL)
RHETT TITUS
JOSH WOODS
SUMIE SAKAI
JENNY ROSE
COAST 2 COAST
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

ALREADY SIGNED:

“THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL vs. BANDIDO

VILLAIN ENTERPRISES’ PCO & BRODY KING vs. LIFEBLOOD’S MARK HASKINS & TRACY WILLIAMS

TRIPLE THREAT FOR ROH WORLD TELEVISION TITLE SHOT
PJ BLACK vs. CHASE OWENS vs. LSG
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Weird to have Chase Owens for that match. PJ Black is probably pinning LSG so I don't see much point in this being a triple threat.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It's Sumie vs Angelina love
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

ROH Television Spoilers/Results - Saturday Night At Center Stage (8/24)

- Villain Enterprises (PCO & Brody King) def. Lifeblood (Mark Haskins & Tracy Williams)

- Rock N Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson) do an interview, leading to a pull apart with The Briscoes (Jay & Mark Briscoe).

- Angelina Love def. Sumie Sakai

- Felino, Okumura, & Silas Young def. Shinobi Shadow Squad (Cheeseburger, Eli Isom, & Ryan Nova)

- Chase Owens def. LSG and PJ Black. Owens receives an ROH Television Title match at Honor For All.

- Joe Hendry debuts, interrupting a promo from Dalton Castle.

- Marty Scurll def. Bandido

- Champions vs. All-Stars: Jay Lethal, Jeff Cobb, Kenny King, & Rush defeated ROH World Champion Matt Taven, ROH World Tag Team Champions The Briscoes, & ROH World Television Champion Shane Taylor
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

I'm looking forward to seeing Scurll vs Bandido
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Surprising that Chase won triple threat. Wonder how Taylor/Chase match is going to work.

And I really didn't get Scurll/Bandido, especially the ending. So Lifeblood are feuding with VE and first match on the same show has VE team win via cheating so it all makes sense and builds towards their title match. But then Marty beats Bandido clean (I'm ok with that) and basically puts him over like when established vet beats young up and comer. What? I don't get it.

Whoever decided to put that old fart on the commentary for the main event should be fired. Multiple moments where you could notice that Ian had no idea how to react to his ramblings. Match itself was enjoyable and did set up, or at least hint, at multiple upcoming matches.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

How was the stream? Was there any screw ups?
Montana

Post by Montana »

My stream has the ending of the show cut off. Judging by CGstrongs results... happened to him as well. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Montana wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:14 am My stream has the ending of the show cut off. Judging by CGstrongs results... happened to him as well. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
Isnt this like the 3rd time this happened this year?

You know its crazy how far ROH has fallen. Didnt some one say its done on purpose?
Montana

Post by Montana »

Ive only had like 1 other problem this year, and it was fixed quickly. It's correct on Fite Tv, where you can link your honor Club membership.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I didn't have any issues.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Lynx wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:14 am Surprising that Chase won triple threat. Wonder how Taylor/Chase match is going to work.

And I really didn't get Scurll/Bandido, especially the ending. So Lifeblood are feuding with VE and first match on the same show has VE team win via cheating so it all makes sense and builds towards their title match. But then Marty beats Bandido clean (I'm ok with that) and basically puts him over like when established vet beats young up and comer. What? I don't get it.

Whoever decided to put that old fart on the commentary for the main event should be fired. Multiple moments where you could notice that Ian had no idea how to react to his ramblings. Match itself was enjoyable and did set up, or at least hint, at multiple upcoming matches.
I'm not really happy with the loss as I thought Bandido really should win but it could point to a couple of things, I do think though that it's as you say the vet pinning the young guy which in years it probably is. Marty has been wrestling a long time and Bandido is still a young wrestler learning his way in the wrestling world as he's been used to one style for a while and it's more about Bandido hopefully being a larger part of ROH's future.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Yeah, thats all good, but considering that VE and Lifeblood are feuding it doesn't really make sense for Marty to act like this.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think they still want Marty to be babyfaced slightly, so Flips taking the brunt of the heat which makes sense really as most aren’t going to booo Marty.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I thought the Champions vs All Stars match was great in terms of call backs and the links that everyone had, this is where the long term booking actually pays off in the end. Although it felt slightly chaotic towards the end and lead to a couple of awkward moments I thought it continued a lot of good work in the past and gave everyone a moment or two. I thought having it go long was a great idea and this needs to be implemented more through the board with overall fitter and younger workers.

Agree on Pofo it was way too much about him or some random poetic moment that just didn't sit, I think if he had just kept his mind of the match and lent his experience of situations more to the match it would have worked. Sadly that didn't happen much.