Official Saturday Night at Center Stage' Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: Official Saturday Night at Center Stage' Thread

Post by cgstong »

ROH 01/11/2020 Live At Center Stage 2020 Results

ROH World Television Championship Match
Dragon Lee (c) defeated Andrew Everett.

Tag Team Match
The Allure (Angelina Love & Mandy Leon) defeated Sumie Sakai & Nicole Savoy.

Singles Match
Dak Draper defeated Jason Cade.

Singles Match
Jonathan Gresham (w/Jay Lethal) defeated Josh Woods (w/Dalton Castle) via countout.

Triple Threat Tag Team Match
The Briscoes (Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe) defeated LifeBlood (Mark Haskins & Tracy Williams) and Jeff Cobb & Dan Maff.

ROH World 6 Man Tag Team Championships Match
Rey Horus, Bandido & Flamita defeated Villain Enterprises (Marty Scurll, Brody King & Flip Gordon) to become the new Champions.

ROH World Championship Match
PCO (c) vs. Rush was declared a no contest.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Really enjoyed what I saw from this show. Granted, I was half-watching due to the NFL playoffs, but I liked what I saw.

Also noticed a large number of Lucha fans in the crowd. Not sure if it's an Atlanta thing or a broader trend.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 pm Really enjoyed what I saw from this show. Granted, I was half-watching due to the NFL playoffs, but I liked what I saw.

Also noticed a large number of Lucha fans in the crowd. Not sure if it's an Atlanta thing or a broader trend.
The last 2 shows in Atlanta have had a large amount of lucha fans. It's probably been the best audience ROH has had since the attendance drop.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:16 am
DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 pm Really enjoyed what I saw from this show. Granted, I was half-watching due to the NFL playoffs, but I liked what I saw.

The last 2 shows in Atlanta have had a large amount of lucha fans. It's probably been the best audience ROH has had since the attendance drop.
Agreed.

Hopefully they can lean into that lucha audience and build a bit of a foothold in the Southwest. El Paso, Phoenix, Albuquerque, Denver, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego. Maybe finally swing across the Mexican border and run their first show there.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:29 pm

Agreed.

Hopefully they can lean into that lucha audience and build a bit of a foothold in the Southwest. El Paso, Phoenix, Albuquerque, Denver, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego. Maybe finally swing across the Mexican border and run their first show there.
A good test will be the rescheduled Texas shows in June.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:45 pm

Agreed.

They should re-name the Six Man belts to the Trios Championship and defend them in true lucha style trios matches. That would be awesome.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:54 pm
Agreed.

They should re-name the Six Man belts to the Trios Championship and defend them in true lucha style trios matches. That would be awesome.
I like the idea. It helps differentiate them from the tag titles while appealing to the lucha fan base.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:46 pm
famicommander wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:54 pm

I like the idea. It helps differentiate them from the tag titles while appealing to the lucha fan base.
Also World Trios Championship rolls off the tongue a lot better than World Six Man Tag Team Championship
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I agree with the naming. I always found it weird that they were called "Six Man", its not like we call tag titles "Four Man" titles.