Official 'Final Battle Fallout' Thread (12.15.2018)

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Wilson

Official 'Final Battle Fallout' Thread (12.15.2018)

Post by Wilson »

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 15TH
BELL TIME @ 06:00 PM EDT

2300 ARENA
2300 S SWANSON ST
19148 PHILADELPHIA , PA
UNITED STATES

MATCHES
ZACK SABRE JR. vs. TRACY WILLIAMS

Sabre Jr. and Williams both have impressive reputations, and now the two talented competitors are looking to make their mark in ROH. This match will be the second in ROH for both of them.

Sabre Jr. recently answered Jonathan Gresham’s open challenge for a match at Final Battle on Dec. 14 at Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom. When Gresham said he wanted to prove he is the best technical wrestler in the world, Sabre Jr. immediately stepped up and declared himself to be the world’s best technical wrestler.

Sabre Jr., a member of the Suzuki-gun faction in New Japan Pro-Wrestling, won the prestigious New Japan World Cup earlier this year by defeating Tetsuya Naito, Kota Ibushi, Sanada and Hiroshi Tanahashi in succession. The London native also won the Battle of Los Angeles tournament in 2015 and has held championships all over the world.

Williams made his ROH debut at Survival of the Fittest earlier this month. The Brooklyn, N.Y., native gave a good account of himself but came up just short in his match against Gresham. Williams’ resume includes victories over the likes of ROH World Television Champion Jeff Cobb, former ROH World Champion Kyle O’Reilly, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero and ACH.
On Dec. 15, the night after the huge Final Battle pay-per-view, ROH will present Final Battle Fallout, an international TV taping, at the historic 2300 Arena in Philadelphia. What better city for ROH to put an exclamation point on its biggest year ever than The City of Brotherly Love?

Scheduled to Appear:

ROH World Champion Jay Lethal
ROH World TV Champion Jeff Cobb
ROH World Tag Team Champions SCU (Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky)
ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Champions The Kingdom (Matt Taven, TK O'Ryan, Vinny Marseglia)
Women of Honor Champion Sumie Sakai
CMLL's Rush
"The American Nightmare" Cody
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)
The Briscoes (Jay & Mark Briscoe)
"The Villain" Marty Scurll
"Hangman" Adam Page
Madison Rayne
Best Friends (Beretta & Chuckie T)
Christopher Daniels
Bully Ray
Zack Sabre Jr.
Flip Gordon
Karen Q
Jonathan Gresham
Silas Young
Chris Sabin
Cheeseburger
The Bouncers (Beer City Bruiser & Brian Milonas)
roacheyyy

Re: Official 'Final Battle Fallout' Thread (12.15.2018)

Post by roacheyyy »

I'd like to see Sabre go over Cody here. Hopefully he can team with Marty occasionally next year too
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

PROVING GROUND MATCH – IF LUCHASAURUS WINS OR LASTS 15 MINUTES WITH THE ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION, HE EARNS A ROH WORLD TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

LUCHASAURUS vs. ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION JEFF COBB (IF CHAMPION)

PJ BLACK vs. JUICE ROBINSON

RUSH vs. TK O’RYAN

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

That's certainly a disappointing match-up for Rush.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Maybe him feuding with kingdom or Matt taven
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

TK O’RYAN needs to prove in 2019 that he can be a roh top star...is about time.

hope roh let him shine.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:20 am That's certainly a disappointing match-up for Rush.
Hopefully a good sign they expect to be able to use him a lot though. Would expect this to be a glorified squash, just to get his shit in.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I wish ZSJ was getting a rub from one of the guys leaving (Page or Daniels). If they are going to be using Rush a lot this year, I probably would have liked to see him against the other one.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

According to our ticket analyst Lavie Margolin, Ring of Honor has about 500 tix out the door for the TV tapings in Philly. They’d need to move 300+ more to break 50,000 tix sold for the year for the first time. CZW Cage of Death drew 1,000 last weekend (HoH also ran using the Briscoes)
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I can't imagine the extra tv taping helped either. ROH may have hit the market too hard this year.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Hopefully no family emergencies tonight so I'll be here. If anything big happens or debuts I'm on it.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Brody King and PCO debuted. Part of Villian Enterprises led by Marty
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Sons of Savagery vs. The Bouncers
Bouncers with the leg drop from the second rope

Proving Ground Match
Luchasauras vs. Jeff Cobb
Winner: Jeff Cobb with Tour of the Islands
Lucha can throw some impressive kicks. Fun match

Elite Promo to set up the nights main event

Sea Stars vs. Jenny Rose/Sumie
Winners: Jenny/Sumie
I think the Sea Stars used to work in Chikara. They look young but showed some potential.

Ian hosts an in ting interview with everyone who has earned a World Title shot (Sabin, Flip, Dalton, Scurll)
They will face off in a 4-way to see who gets the first shot at Lethal on January 14th. Taven interrupts and lists reasons why none of them are worthy contenders for his title. After he finishes Lethal comes out for a few punches and a pull apart over who is the real champion.

WOH Title Match
Vicki Adams vs. Kelly Klein
Winner: Kelly Klein
Before the match Kelly announces that any 1 on 1 match against her will be a title match. After the match Jenny Rose comes out to make her January 13th title match a street fight.

Christopher Daniels promo
He puts over the company, his career, the fans etc. Joe Koff comes out to say CD's actions at Final Battle saving Cary Silken proved that Daniels deserves another contract. Shane Taylor jumps CD and after laying him out rips up the contract.

Flip Gordon vs. Chris Sabin vs. Dalton Castle vs. Marty Scurll
Winner: Castle via Bangarang
Lethal comes out to shake Daltons hand as Castle will be his next challenger.

Tracy Williams vs. Zack Sabre Jr
Winner: ZSJ via submission
Good match. Just what you would expect from these two. Very nice change of pace from what ROH usually provides.

Twisted Sisters vs. Britt Baker and Madison Rayne
Winners: Baker/Rayne

World Tag Team Title Match
SCU vs. The Briscoes
Winners: The Briscoes with RedNeck Boogie on Kaz
SCU, especially Kaz said their goodbyes to the fans

Marty Scurll in ring promo
Starts talking about wanting the World title. Kingdom interrupts and surround the ring since Marty now has no back up. Scurll says he has made some new friends. Lights out: Brody King is in ring, lights out: PCO in the ring. Two teams brawl.

Facade vs. Eli Isom
Winner: Isom via Brainbuster

TKO vs. Rush
Winner: Rush
Possibly best match of the night. Crowd was very into Rush. Philly might be the second biggest town for Kingdom fans so a few dueling Rush/TKO chants. After the match Vinny appeared from under the ring providing a distraction for Taven to attack. The Kingdom lay out Rush with the triple chair shot.

PJ Black vs. Juice Robinson
Nick Aldis on commentary
Winner: Juice Robinson by DQ
PJ Black put his hands on Paul Turner one time too many and got DQ'd. He punches Turner after the match. It appeared Black went over to the commentary table. Maybe he has a NWA title match coming up. After the match Juice cut a promo talking about ROH and ended with how we will have a lot of Juice Robinson in ROH in 2019.

Shane Taylor vs. Mike Law
Winner: Shane Taylor
2 move squash. Then Taylor got on the mic and said no one paid him off to get rid of Daniels, he did it because he wanted to.

Colt Cabana interviews Flip Gordon
Flip starts to talk about how he wants his world title shot when Kenny King interrupts. King says all the contenders from early can get to the back of the line because he has a visual pin on Lethal from their last match. Then shows four close up replays the all hid how King cheated on the pin fall. Then he runs down Flip.

Silas Young vs. Beer City Bruiser for #1 contender for the TV Title
Winner: Silas Young
Due to bad blood over their former friendship BCB wants it to be a no DQ match. The crowd was starting to get tired during this match but these guys tried real hard. Lots of tables and chairs spots. Milonas even took a table bump.

Villian Enterprises vs. The Kingdom 6-man World Title Match
Taven gets on the mic and complains that VE hasn't done anything in ROH to deserve a title shot. Tells them to start at the bottom and earn one. Then brings out an undefeated team for them to fight.
Villian Enterprises vs. Cheeseburger/Ryan Nova/Eli Isom
Winners: Villian Enterprises via Moonsault from PCO

Honor Club Exclusive
The Elite vs. Best Friends/Flip Gordon/Jay Lethal
Winners: Best Friends/Flip/Lethal via 450 splash on Cody
Fun match. A highlight was Beretta smacking around Cody and asking what happened to his US title match.
After the match Matt Jackson mentioned one day going into the 2300 Hall of Fame and points at the banners in the building. This brings out Bully Ray and Silas Young who take issue with that claim. The distraction allows The Briscoes to attack from behind. Shane Taylor also hits the ring and all the faces get destroyed. So did the ring crew and just about anyone else around. Cot Cabana tries to make a save but gets beaten. Jay Lethal tries a couple comebacks but the numbers are too much. Show ends with the bad guys standing tall and everyone decimated.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Thanks for the report Kaz, how did you feel all the new guys came off?, do you feel everyone will work out.

I'm not sure I would have added PCO to Marty's but as it's only going to be for a short period of time it makes sense, it also saves the PCO doing too much for the moment. I do like the match up with the Kingdom, I think there will be some very good tag, three man and single matches in there. Make it bloody and violent and it will work.

The Honor Club exclusive, especially the ending, sounds so much better than reported on twitter, I have always felt heels should stick together no matter their allegiances. Also the way it ended just feels like all those guys are going to be back, they might not be but they have left open enough too I guess.

My only problems are still using Sumi, Putting Sabin in a world title challenge match and the same going for Bruiser in a TV title match. Everything else sounds fresh or at least interesting too me, I'm glad they are still focusing on King for the World title too, I don't know why but I think we could see Castle taken out for a while, after or before his world title match, just to write out so he heal up and come back at G1 Supercard.

I think in many ways the TV tapings in January will say more about where ROH's is going as they've ended a few things here but also started a few more little moves here and there.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

The crowd popped for Brodie King when he first came out but as soon as PCO came out King was overshadowed. PCO was pretty over. Him hitting a moonsault from the top to outside the ring helped too.

I don't know why Silas and BCB needed to have the tv title involved. They could have just used their trio breaking up as reason enough to fight.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:17 am Thanks for the report Kaz, how did you feel all the new guys came off?, do you feel everyone will work out.

I'm not sure I would have added PCO to Marty's but as it's only going to be for a short period of time it makes sense, it also saves the PCO doing too much for the moment. I do like the match up with the Kingdom, I think there will be some very good tag, three man and single matches in there. Make it bloody and violent and it will work.

The Honor Club exclusive, especially the ending, sounds so much better than reported on twitter, I have always felt heels should stick together no matter their allegiances. Also the way it ended just feels like all those guys are going to be back, they might not be but they have left open enough too I guess.

My only problems are still using Sumi, Putting Sabin in a world title challenge match and the same going for Bruiser in a TV title match. Everything else sounds fresh or at least interesting too me, I'm glad they are still focusing on King for the World title too, I don't know why but I think we could see Castle taken out for a while, after or before his world title match, just to write out so he heal up and come back at G1 Supercard.

I think in many ways the TV tapings in January will say more about where ROH's is going as they've ended a few things here but also started a few more little moves here and there.
For the world title challenge thing, all 4 men have earned world title shots (Flip Gordon through Sea of Honor, Scurll through Survival of the Fittest, Sabin through lasting through a Proving Ground Match, and Castle by being the former champion not getting a rematch). Dalton won to get the shot first, which will happen in Charlotte at Honor Reigns Supreme.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

That report is amazing, thank you kovs!

I'm not fond of everything, but there's at least a lot to chew on from the tapings. My biggest miff is Daniels simply getting angled out to perennial 'we don't know what to do with him' Shane Taylor. They couldn't get anyone who has history with Daniels to send him off?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

not gresham on the tapings?? hummm
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Amy rose I think posted something and implied they were filming a lot of backstage stuff including her being a official interviewer backstage going forward
Big Red Machine

kovs27 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:09 pm

Sea Stars vs. Jenny Rose/Sumie
BLECH.
Big Red Machine

kovs27 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:09 pm
Marty Scurll in ring promo
Starts talking about wanting the World title. Kingdom interrupts and surround the ring since Marty now has no back up. Scurll says he has made some new friends. Lights out: Brody King is in ring, lights out: PCO in the ring. Two teams brawl.
They can't just run out to the ring? Why does everyone have to develop magical powers of teleportation for one night? It's hokey, stupid, and overdone.