Official 'Fairfax Excellence' Thread (6.30.2018)

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Wilson

Official 'Fairfax Excellence' Thread (6.30.2018)

Post by Wilson »

ROH PRESENTS FAIRFAX EXCELLENCE – INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION TAPING
SATURDAY, JUNE 30TH
BELL TIME @ 07:00 PM EDT

EAGLEBANK ARENA
4500 PATRIOT CIRCLE
22030 FAIRFAX , VA
UNITED STATES

MATCHES:
Two of the best technical grapplers in the world meet for the very first time at Fairfax Excellence! Former ROH World Television Champion and five-time IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion KUSHIDA makes his debut in the greater-Washington D.C. area when he takes on “The Octopus” Jonathan Gresham in a huge first-time bout at ROH’s International Television Taping!

KUSHIDA vs. “THE OCTOPUS” JONATHAN GRESHAM

“The Time Splitter” returns to ROH competition one night after taking on Jay Lethal LIVE on Pay Per View at Best in the World to take on one of the premier technical wrestlers in the world, Jonathan Gresham! Gresham has recently targeted former ROH World Champions Lethal and “The American Nightmare” Cody and has been inches away from earning a signature win. Now, Gresham will stand face-to-face with one of the very best in the world when ROH returns to the Washington D.C. area!

These two technical wizards will meet for the very first time in Fairfax – who will win this bout at this gigantic international television taping? Be the first to know and join us in Fairfax to find out!
SCHEDULED TO APPEAR:

DALTON CASTLE
THE BRISCOES (JAY & MARK BRISCOE)
CODY
SHANE "HURRICANE" HELMS
SOCAL UNCENSORED (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS, FRANKIE KAZARIAN, & SCORPIO SKY)
THE YOUNG BUCKS (MATT & NICK JACKSON)
LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON
SILAS YOUNG
PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ
ADAM PAGE
“THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL
JAY LETHAL
THE KINGDOM: (MATT TAVEN, TK O’RYAN, & VINNY MARSEGLIA)
SHANE TAYLOR
FLIP GORDON
CHEESEBURGER
BEER CITY BRUISER
WOMEN OF HONOR
STARS OF STARDOM
Wilson

Re: Official 'Fairfax Excellence' Thread (6.30.2018)

Post by Wilson »

BIG MOOD
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

damnnnnnn good match
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

SURPRISE

JAY LETHAL JUST BEAT DALTON CASTLE, CODY AND MATT TAVEN IN A FATAL 4 WAY AND IS THE NEW ROH WORLD CHAMPION

wow!
Last edited by monster mafia on Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:05 pm SURPRISE

JAY LETHAL JUST BEAT DALTON CASTLE, CODY AND MATT TAVEN IN A FATLA 4 WAY AND IS THE NEW ROH WORLD CHAMPION

wow!
Is the match loaded to HonorClub on Demand yet? ROH said it should be up for viewing tonight.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

It is up under VOD Vault
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Well I don't know if I was ready for another Jay Lethal title reign just yet...
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I think this is the freshest direction they've taken in years (four legitimate contenders in Lethal, Castle, Cody, and Taven, concurrently vying for the top spot). Co-signing this change big time. Lethal has been working very hard since the new year, and I have been wondering if they were getting ready to put him on a singles title run again. Hope it's short and burns bright.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Congratulations Lethal I would have loved to seen a lethal Gresham tag team reign however this is cool
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shame Castle's run had to be bogged down by injuries but Jay Lethal holding a title is never a bad decision. Hopefully Dalton heals up and comes back at 100% in a few months.

Taven's conspiracy storyline continues. Liked his expression when Bobby Cruise didn't acknowledge his CMLL title.

Not sure why Cody got another title shot after losing in the match the previous night.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Anyone have full results? I've been looking for them but I can find them. The ones posted here (ROHWorld) aren't full. No mention to KUSHIDA vs. Gresham neither promos nor Nick Aldis participation (I read he was in the building).
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

famicommander wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:27 pm Shame Castle's run had to be bogged down by injuries but Jay Lethal holding a title is never a bad decision. Hopefully Dalton heals up and comes back at 100% in a few months.

Taven's conspiracy storyline continues. Liked his expression when Bobby Cruise didn't acknowledge his CMLL title.

Not sure why Cody got another title shot after losing in the match the previous night.
This is what's been good about how they have booked Cody and Taven, as far as I know they haven't been pinned in title match situations by the champ at the time so it still leaves them available to challenge again as they have that, 'well you didn't pin me excuse'. What will be interesting is to see if they bring Marty back into it in some fashion especially with the UK tournament coming up.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Read the results posted on the site. Not sure if they are full results or not, but surprised there's no Coast 2 Coast (unless they are injured?). Also no Josh Woods or Milonas (unless he was with Bruiser and Silas).
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Promo from last night leading to the 4-way match.

All four guys looked really confident (even in that half-empty space). Get Taven away from the Kingdom and have him do more in-ring promos solo. In a complimentary way, he oozes such a good shitheel vibe, ROH's Miz through and through.

Side note, it's feels so strange to have back to back champions this year that I actually want to see. It's definitely been a while for me since I've felt as positive about the direction of the title.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Can't help but feel a little robbed cosidering I ordered the PPV on Friday and they did the World title change at the TV tapings.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Zhuge1 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:38 am Read the results posted on the site. Not sure if they are full results or not, but surprised there's no Coast 2 Coast (unless they are injured?). Also no Josh Woods or Milonas (unless he was with Bruiser and Silas).
Coast Coast i believe have started (or are about too) there tour with WXW in germany as for the other two I don't think we are missing too much with them not being there.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Zhuge1 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:38 am Read the results posted on the site. Not sure if they are full results or not, but surprised there's no Coast 2 Coast (unless they are injured?). Also no Josh Woods or Milonas (unless he was with Bruiser and Silas).
I can confirm that one member of C2C is injured (dont remember Who).
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wilson wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:10 am Promo from last night leading to the 4-way match.

All four guys looked really confident (even in that half-empty space). Get Taven away from the Kingdom and have him do more in-ring promos solo. In a complimentary way, he oozes such a good shitheel vibe, ROH's Miz through and through.

Side note, it's feels so strange to have back to back champions this year that I actually want to see. It's definitely been a while for me since I've felt as positive about the direction of the title.
Yeah. The interesting thing was that the empity zone was a part of the arena that ROH didnt open. All the tickets that were on sale, sold out.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:03 am What will be interesting is to see if they bring Marty back into it in some fashion especially with the UK tournament coming up.
That could create an interesting little dynamic with Marty where he wins all of these important, named, #1 contendership matches (Defy or Deny, the UK tournament) but doesn't get the win. I could see them doing that, then having him win SOTF and finally win the belt at Final Battle.