NYC Excellence TV Tapings Results/Spoilers

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
monster mafia

NYC Excellence TV Tapings Results/Spoilers

Post by monster mafia »

ROH 6/2/2018 NYC Excellence TV Tapings
Hammerstein Ballroom
NYC, NY

Dark match: One Mean Team (Brian Johnson and Justin Pusser) defeated Ryan Nova and Jozy a senton off the

One Mean Team wins after a Denton off the top by Pusser onto Nova.

Castle came out and cut a promo about having won the title in the Hammerstein. Then he spoke about his Best in the World match against Cody and Scurll. He went so far as to say he could defeat werewolf. Taven came out stopped the pageantry, complaining about the Kingdom Conspiracy, stating that he is the rightful champion and that he’s Matt Taven. Vinny Marseglia and TK O’Ryan attacked from behind, prompting Castle to fling boys st them repeatedly until he was able to peacefully peacock pose.

Jonathan Gresham vs. Kenny King defeated Jonathan Gresham after hitting the Royal Flush in a really fun wrestling match.

Josh Woods defeated Facade after hitting a fireman’s carry slam. Woods called out Shane Taylor who teased wrestling him on the spot, but ultimately left.

Sumie Sakai & Stella Grey defeated Gabby Ortiz & Riley Sheppard after Sakai hit Smash mouth

No DQ, No Countout
Bully Ray defeated Cheeseburger with a big boot. Colt Cabana came down to the ring to stop Ray from beating on Todd Sinclair and cheered Cheeseburger on for the win until BJ Whitmer ordered him to the baPost-match, he came back down to chase Ray off.

Kelly Klein defeated Jenny Rose after hitting the End of the Match.

6-Man Tag Team Gauntlet
Winner Earns Tag Title Shot
Shane Taylor & The Dawgs vs Gresham, Shelley & LSG
LSG was able to duck the move and roll him up for the pinfall victory.
Silas Young, The Punchers (BCB & Milonas) in next.
LSG hit a 450 for the pin to stay alive.
SoCal Uncensored were in next
Alex Shelley was taken to the back with an injury during the match and taken to the back,King, Chuck Taylor and Eli Isom came out next. Daniels went for an Angels wings, but Isom reversed it into a pinning bridge for the upset victory.
Winner: Taylor, King & Isom

Future of Honor MatchJ-Rocc vs Afa Jr. defeated J-Rocc via pinfall after a big splash off the top.

Matt Taven defeated Ultimo Guerrero

As Guerrero went for a what seemed like the finish, Marseglia’s balloons rose and distracted him- allowing Taven to hit Climax for the win. Post-match Taven gloated, prompting Guerrero to say that he was coming back with help to challenge for the 6-man titles.

Cody defeated Titan when Cody eventually just ripped Titan’s mask, distracting him enough to win via small package.

Chuckie T vs Jay Lethal defeated Chuckie T when T went for an Awful Waffle, but Lethal countered and hit the Lethal Injection for the win.

The Hung Bucks (Adam Page & The Young Bucks) defeated Punishment & The Briscoes Crazy fun match, Matt avoided the Doomsday Device with a victory roll to win the match. Cody came out afterwards to rescue his friends and the Briscoes jawed at the Bucks as they left.
Wilson

Re: NYC Excellence TV Tapings Results/Spoilers

Post by Wilson »

Alex Shelley was taken to the back with an injury during the match and taken to the back,King, Chuck Taylor and Eli Isom came out next. Daniels went for an Angels wings, but Isom reversed it into a pinning bridge for the upset victory.
What even is this team?

Very wheel-spinning tapings. Seems like a fair guess to say Taven will screw Dalton out of the World Title at BITW.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Wilson wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:28 am
What even is this team?

Very wheel-spinning tapings. Seems like a fair guess to say Taven will screw Dalton out of the World Title at BITW.
Wouldn't it just be easier for Cody or Marty to screw each other out of the title and Dalton retains, there is still a while to go before All In so it doesn't have to be at BITW
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:47 pm
Wilson wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:28 am
What even is this team?

Wouldn't it just be easier for Cody or Marty to screw each other out of the title and Dalton retains, there is still a while to go before All In so it doesn't have to be at BITW
This. Taven makes it clear he wants his match with Dalton. Cody and Marty aren't on the same page. If it wasn't for injuries it would be clear as day that Dalton was winning this match. This taping did more for pushing Taven as a worthy World title contender than anyone else. No Marty since he was in Japan and Cody doesn't even address the World title.

I tried to post some of my thoughts from the tapings but they didn't show up for some reason. I apologize if these show up twice.
Facade looked very good against Josh Woods. Hopefully he keeps getting booked.
The crowd was hot for Bully Ray vs. Cheeseburger. It may have been the No DQ part but they loved everything. Especially when Colt Cabana got involved.
The 6 man gauntlet did have a couple weird combinations. Alex Shelley was very popular. Unfortunately his injury looked legitimate.
Isom being with King and Chuckie T definitely wouldn't be there is Berreta was healthy. Him pinning Daniels was shocking. Hopefully ROH treats it like a big deal.
Taven and Guerrero had a real good match. Surprisingly good for a match on tv.
Cody got tremendous heat for teasing All In 2 being in NY and then taking it away. Seems like a waste of Titan since he barely got any offense in.
Briscoes/Martinez vs. Hung Bucks was crazy. This was one of the best matches to watch along with the No DQ and Taven/Guerrero.
This was one of the better New York crowds. Everyone once in a while they would do something stupid like chant Rusev Day for no reason but most of the time they were into the show and stayed into it throughout. Should be some good weeks of tv. Hopefully it comes off as loud on tv as it was in the building.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Dalton was supposed to wrestle last night against Ultimo Guerrero. I think he has to drop the belt and rehab. The three-way hides what he wouldn't be able to do in a singles match.

Also, what's the story with . . . MANU????
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I thought I read somewhere that Shelley got his teeth knocked out... again. Graduating from college can't come soon enough I guess.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Wilson wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:14 pm Dalton was supposed to wrestle last night against Ultimo Guerrero. I think he has to drop the belt and rehab. The three-way hides what he wouldn't be able to do in a singles match.

Also, what's the story with . . . MANU????
Wierdly the Guerrero/Taven match actually makes more sense considering the back story with each other in CMLL.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

The Manu thing is definitely weird. Probably just a tryout thing. Did he look impressive, kovs? He at least looks slimmer than when he was in WWE.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

alex shelley on twitter:

"Long story short: my teeth got knocked out alongside a concussion that made me time travel. And it all goes to hell from here"

"That said, @ringofhonor takes care of their athletes when injured and practices the most ethical business practices possible. Not all major companies I have wrestled for could say that. @njpw1972 could though."

"Never been hit so hard in my life, I might add. There are chunks of teeth stuck in my mouthpiece, which is fight grade. If I didn’t have that, I would have been getting emergency surgery."

"And to anyone who says I am injury prone? Come on. Most of my injured areas have been mandible/cerebrally based. You ask our roster who’s consistently top speed with abs; I have to be top 5."
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Being into the pro wrestling news beat can make you insensate about injuries, but this one sounds particularly grueling, compounded by this being his second dental-related injury in as many years. Shoutouts to Shelley.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:02 am The Manu thing is definitely weird. Probably just a tryout thing. Did he look impressive, kovs? He at least looks slimmer than when he was in WWE.
He did look good. The match was basically an extended squash. The fans knew who he was as soon as they said Afa Jr.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

In regards to the Shelley injury, it looked real bad in the moment.