16 Anniversary Tapings (03.10.2018)

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
AlexROH

16 Anniversary Tapings (03.10.2018)

Post by AlexROH »

Full results, via Twitter user, @xIAMHOLLYWOODx:

Opening match is Shane Olger? vs Lemon. He threw me a lemon

Ishii v Martinez
Kingdom v SoCal Uncensored
Ibushi v Page
All announced for Supercard of Honor
Alright I'm back in the mood

The Kingdom is out to be great and talk about their conspiracy.
TK O’Ryan talks about snapping his leg here a year ago while the audience chants “one more time”

Kelly Klein choked out Mandy Leon

Kenny King and Silas Young brawl ringside and it’s announced they’ll have a Last Man Standing match at Supercard of Honor

Hangman and Scurll beat the Boys. Marty refused to fight and had words with Castle at ringside

TV main event is Scorpio Sky v Flip Gordon. Flip Gordon beats Sky after SoCal Uncensored runs in but the Bucks come out to make the save. Flip and the Bucks shake hands and hug

Bully Ray cancelled the Kingdom’s Supercard of Honor spot and made it Bucks & Gordon vs SoCal Uncensored in a ladder match

Sumie best Kagetsu in what is the worst booking decision of the tournament

Castle & King v Briscoes is next up. Briscoes beat King and Castle after Silas distracted King

Cheeseburger and Kikutaro went to a no contest after The Dawgs interfere and beat up both

Mayu beat Purrazo to advance in the WOH tournament in a fantastic match

Cody and Omega have a promo that ends in a brawl and pull apart by the Bullet Club.
Cody shoved Matt into Omega and ran off. Omega and Bucks tease a fight

Punishment Martinez beat Taylor via chokeslam

Jay Lethal beat Caprice Coleman in a surprisingly long match. Lethal seemed to be having a blast in the match and the fans responded accordingly. Here’s to hoping he gets traction after a slow 2017

Daniels v Taven v Cody is the main event. Cody is accompanied by Bernard the Business Bear. Taven beat Cody and Daniels after Cody hit the Cross Rhodes on Daniels and Taven stole the pin

Takahashi beat Kaz in the opener of the final tapings

The final TV taping main event is a tag team gauntlet match. The opening teams are Beer City Bruiser and Ryan Malonis? vs Coast 2 Coast. What I’m now calling the Beer City Boys defeated Coast 2 Coast. Ali announced as the match started that LSG was jumped backstage before the match so he was fighting 1v2. Next up are the Beer City Boys v The Dawgs. It’s worth a mention that the winner of the match gets a future Tag Title Championship match. Beer City Boys beat the Dawgs. Bruiser botched a top rope dive at the end and legit hurt his leg but is powering through. Next out is MCMG. MCMG beat the Beer City Boys with their tag finisher. Next out are the Young Bucks. The Young Bucks beat MCMG with a roll up on Sabin. The final team is the Kingdom. The Young Bucks beat the Kingdom with a Meltzer Driver on TK O’Ryan.
dhads7161

Re: 16 Anniversary Tapings (03.10.2018)

Post by dhads7161 »

Bernard the Business Bear... :lol:
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Sounds like some interesting results going into SCOH
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

Hopefully Silas gets the belt back at SCOH. I'm much more interested in Aries facing him than facing King. Plus he beat Lethal in last man standing match, I feel like it wouldn't make sense for him to lose on to King.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

From Mayu's twitter

Deonna hits hard.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

While the tapings look somewhat pedestrian to lead into SCOH, don't let this fly under your radar:
Cheeseburger and Kikufuckingtaro [the god] went to a no contest after The Dawgs interfere and beat up both
I hope this year's tag team gauntlet is less of a bad dream than the one from whenever that Roppongi Vice-won match happened. Still feeling the shockwaves from that.

Lastly, not reaaaally into the is or is it not anti-Semitism of Bernard the Business Bear. I, gosh, I--there should be more Jewish people in the industry strike down unwittingly harmful ideas, and maybe more people who just know better.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

mayu is awesome but im shocked with leonna lossing in the 2 round

i think the finals will be tenille vs kelly klein.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Wilson wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:39 pm While the tapings look somewhat pedestrian to lead into SCOH, don't let this fly under your radar:
Cheeseburger and Kikufuckingtaro [the god] went to a no contest after The Dawgs interfere and beat up both
I hope this year's tag team gauntlet is less of a bad dream than the one from whenever that Roppongi Vice-won match happened. Still feeling the shockwaves from that.

Lastly, not reaaaally into the is or is it not anti-Semitism of Bernard the Business Bear. I, gosh, I--there should be more Jewish people in the industry strike down unwittingly harmful ideas, and maybe more people who just know better.
What, exactly, is anti-Semitic about that? I know just as many non-Jewish Bernards as I do Jewish ones.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

It's the Jewish name compounded by the association of being a suspicious businessman--you know, the type that act behind the scenes. (Also, is Bernard, or Bernie, some double entendre the same way Bury was? It's just a random name that begins with a B?) Pic for reference:

However, I do tend to think that this is coincidental, because Jewishness generally isn't antagonized in the States. (Most Americans don't pick up the smaller transgressions against Jewishness--like how horrific words such as 'globalist' can casually traffic in the mainstream--which is ultimately why I think this went undetected.) I just hope someone tells the group how this could go wrong, and that it already might be on thin ice.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

It is definitely a coincidence as it is actually Burnard the Business Bear fka Bury for short. I'm told it is literally is on the same wavelength as the transformations of Mike Rotunda to Michael Wallstreet and Terry Taylor to Terrence Taylor.

This is another explanation I got: During Cody's promo that introduces him, he explains that he wears a shirt and tie because he is all about business and all about honor. No more hugs and high fives like Bury. He snubs fans hugs and high fives and to hit it home even more, he snubs me getting up and going for a high five.

Hope that clears this up
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Ah, that's a pretty reasonable response. (Made up expanded name for Bury, as 'Barry' doesn't have any common expanded names today.)

Thanks for getting to the bottom of it so promptly, GST. I'm glad to see that the party you spoke to took the question seriously enough to respond swiftly, and with ample context for their choices. It seems clear that they care about their messaging and coding, which is really relieving.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Surprised Deonna lost.

I guess Tenille or Klein wins the Tournament and Deonna chases the belt? I just don't see Mayu or Sumie winning it.

Can't wait to see the match.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

LOL at thw Wilson and GST exchange.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

dhads7161 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:58 am LOL at thw Wilson and GST exchange.
Warning: I'm about to take the bait.

a) I wanted to bring up the subject because I wanted to voice the concern and to see others' perspectives. GST airing it to the party and spelling out their intentions was a genuinely unexpected and cool turn of communication.
b) Laughing out loud at contextual reading of media?? Like, are you getting at wrestling being solely about the wrestling, as opposed to its sport being a container for themes and messages?
c) Why can't you let me have my shitposts?