Official 9/23/17 DBD TV Taping SPOILERS thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Official 9/23/17 DBD TV Taping SPOILERS thread

Post by cgstong »

Discuss the spoilers here!
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
SandsShifter

Re: Official 9/23/17 DBD TV Taping SPOILERS thread

Post by SandsShifter »

... did Silas Young and the BCB join Suzuki-Gun? Is that what that picture shows? Because... that... actually works well with their characters.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Suzuki and Silas is the ultimate team of surly, unpleasant bastards
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Compiled from tweets via @TraePops.

Match #1 - ROH World TV Championship: Kenny King d. Josh Woods by reversing a Triangle into a Prawn Hold pin.

Kenny King promises to be a fighting champion and is challenged by Mark Briscoe, Shane Taylor, Chuckie T, and Punishment Martinez. King says they can all get a shot at him.

Jay Briscoe explaining why he turned on Bully Ray is interrupted by Tommy Dreamer, who tells Jay about all the damage he's suffered over the years and how Jay messed up.

Match #2 - KUSHIDA v. SCORPIO SKY (THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST!) is a DQ when The Addiction interferes and beats down both guys. Jay Lethal runs out for the save and promises to defend what he loves, which is ROH. Challenges the Addiction to face him and KUSHIDA.

Bullet Club does a BTE filming. Cody signs his ROH contract and then holds an open challenge to defend the ROH World Title in his suit.

Match #3 - ROH World Championship - Cody d. Cheeseburger with the Reverse Indian Death Lock. Shane Taylor comes out after and carries Cheeseburger to the back.

Bully Ray talks about his brain issues and teases stepping away from the ring, Mark comes out and they talk, no mic though.

Match #4 - The Kingdom d. Search & Destroy (MCMG & Gresham). Taven pins Sabin with a schoolboy after hitting him with the weird cane thing they carry.

Match #5 - Marty Scurll d. Jay White with an inside cradle.

Match #6 - Rhett Titus & Will Ferrara d. The Tempura Boyz.

Match #7 - #1 Contender's Match for the ROH World TV Championship - Mark Briscoe d. Chuckie T, Shane Taylor, & Punishment Martinez after a Froggie Bow on Chuckie T.

Match #8 - Kelly Klein d. Stella Grey with the Guillotine Choke.

Match #9 - Jonathan Gresham d. TK O'Ryan via DQ. MCMG came out to counteract the interference from The Kingdom. Ref ejects everyone. The Kingdom came back out for the DQ anyway.

Match #10 - ROH World Championship - Cody d. Scorpio Sky (THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST!) via Reverse Indian Deathlock. Said to be really competitive.

Match #11 - Jay Lethal & KUSHIDA d. The Addiction. KUSHIDA submits Daniels with the Hoverboard Lock.

Match #12 - ROH World 6-Man Tag Team Championship - The Hung Bucks d. Minoru Suzuki, Silas Young, and the Beer City Bruiser. Page pinned the Bruiser after the Rites of Passage.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Tommy Dreamer was a nice touch to the tapings. I've always had a weird affection for Dreamer so don't mind him showing up, hopefully it stays to a non-wrestling capacity however.

Scorpio Sky featured quite a bit. Maybe that's a good sign.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Kaz and Daniels should have cost lethal the match last night that way it would have made more sense for lethal to do the run in and save kushida
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Eh, I think the way they did is fine. Lethal is honorable, Daniels & Kazarian are not. Lethal going for the grand slam (World title, Pure title, TV title already held) teaming with Kushida against MCMG is not a match that I knew I wanted, but I'd be into it. Between Lethal going for the only belt he's never held and Shelley's history with Kushida, the match would have a few interesting angles going for it.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so dreamer & bully ray vs briscoes at some point, maybe final battle?

a good match for this tapings would have been punisher martinez vs suzuki...i hope this match takes place in the future.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I could get into Dreamer/Bully vs. Briscoes if it was a hardcore brawl.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Yeah, I need this Bully-Jay Briscoe feud to end in some type of hardcore match at FB. Hope Dreamer only do segments, btw.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Dreamer is booked for the Future Stars of Wrestling show taking place today (Sunday 9/24) at Sam's Town. So they probably used him cuz he was there. That being said I wouldn't mind them using him at the Philly tapings and have Bully and Dreamer vs the Briscoe's in a street fight of sorts at Final Battle.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:54 am so dreamer & bully ray vs briscoes at some point, maybe final battle?
Because nothing says "we're the promotion of the future" like ECW guys having garbage matches in 2017.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Spoilers seem pretty okay. Scorpio and Dreamer aren't the worst one-shot talents to make appearances--presuming they are only one night acts. Baffled that there is no movement shown on either Castle or Silas at these tapings. I was under the assumption they would be in headlining acts for Final Battle.
Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:35 pm
monster mafia wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:54 am so dreamer & bully ray vs briscoes at some point, maybe final battle?
Because nothing says "we're the promotion of the future" like ECW guys having garbage matches in 2017.
This is the third face/heel turn is any many months, correct? Jay turning heel to conform to the rahrah nostalgia act of Bully Ray is just such a waste of everyone's time. It's a nine month angle swallowing up one of the most talented members of the roster. If Dreamer/Bully vs. Briscoes manifests itself, I want to stay clear away before the Dreamer-designed ROH/HOH shirts start propping up.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

How is Dreamer any different than Minoru Suzuki or Christopher Daniels? I'm not saying he's as good as they are, but he wasn't even when he was in his prime. He's younger than they are, too. Is Tommy Dreamer right now really that much of a drop off from Tommy Dreamer in 1999? Same with Bubba. Looks about like he always has to me.

It's not like they're trotting Sandman, Sabu, New Jack, or Raven out there. Guys who can barely walk and are just shells of what they used to be.

I'd rather see a guy like Stevie Richards or Rhino if we're going to book old ECW guys, but you could do a lot worse than a few Tommy Dreamer bookings.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:35 pm
How is Dreamer any different than Minoru Suzuki or Christopher Daniels? I'm not saying he's as good as they are, but he wasn't even when he was in his prime. He's younger than they are, too. Is Tommy Dreamer right now really that much of a drop off from Tommy Dreamer in 1999? Same with Bubba. Looks about like he always has to me.

It's not like they're trotting Sandman, Sabu, New Jack, or Raven out there. Guys who can barely walk and are just shells of what they used to be.

I'd rather see a guy like Stevie Richards or Rhino if we're going to book old ECW guys, but you could do a lot worse than a few Tommy Dreamer bookings.
Yeah, I will agree with this. Tommy is pretty inoffensive as far as former ECW guys go. On the other hand, does Jay Briscoe need this feud at this point in his career? Jay is fucking money on the mic and is respectable in the ring. He needs​ to be kicking Cody in the teeth (not advocating another Jay title reign though). This is just meaningless.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I disagree. It's a way for Jay to win a feud without having to squash the momentum of a guy like Silas, Page, King, Castle, etc.

Bubba has won 36 championships between ROH, TNA, WWE, ECW, and NJPW. It's a meaningful win whenever someone pins him, even if his shtick is tiresome at this point.

Though I'd like to see someone like Punishment get the rub from Bubba. Maybe they can do that next.
Big Red Machine

famicommander wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:35 pm

Because they're better than Dreamer is, but more importantly, Tommy Dreamer screams ECW, a promotion that has been dead for over fifteen years. Suzuki is an important part of New Japan's roster, and Daniels has been a major player in ROH whenever he has been around. Their ages are similar, but the connotations they bring with them are not.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

famicommander wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:55 pm I disagree. It's a way for Jay to win a feud without having to squash the momentum of a guy like Silas, Page, King, Castle, etc.
Jay's not being protected anymore, so there's no reason why he couldn't have a competitive program with any of those written names. If he wasn't doing this thing with Bully, the window would be open for him to work against Martinez or finally getting slotted into the TV Title picture.

Bringing in Bully was aggravating enough but seeing him fail to evolve has really revealed his intentions in the company. If you compare Matt Hardy's tenure against Bully's it's night and day.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

What's the deal with Shane Taylor carrying off Cheeseburger?
Big Red Machine

Zhuge1 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:37 am What's the deal with Shane Taylor carrying off Cheeseburger?
Hopefully both will disappear forever.