OFFICIAL SATURDAY NIGHT AT CENTER STAGE 8/26/17 (TV Tapings) thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
LJimmy

Re: OFFICIAL SATURDAY NIGHT AT CENTER STAGE 8/26/17 (TV Tapings) thread

Post by LJimmy »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:32 pm
Thelone wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:05 pm
JTCole wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:34 am
War Machine said they got screwed out of the ROH tag titles over a year ago. Then they got screwed out of their rematch when some other team showed up three hours before the event so their good behavior ends tonight.
Way to strike while the iron is ice cold.
Which has been a rather constant problem under Delirious. And it's not just a "momentum of the angle" thing. The fact that they've waited so f*cking long to complain about this makes it look like the issue at hand really wasn't important to them, and that's never a good thing.
I will say they might deserve a pass for this one. For awhile it seemed like War Machine were WWE bound as soon as WWE thought they were legally in the clear to speak with ROH names. I think their situation clearly changed around the time of the New Japan Long Beach shows and they're not going anywhere. So it's possible this is why they took so long to play up to this.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Zhuge1 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:49 am
Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:28 pm
Zhuge1 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:02 pm Titus and Ferrara seems like an odd pairing. Perhaps that sets the stage for the two of them against Cheeseburger and Daddiego.
They're apparently shoot best friends, which I know because Kevin Kelly would pointlessly mention it on commentary at least once a month.
I must have missed that. I just found it odd because they had the whole video of Titus finding himself and going it alone after the Rebellion breakup and now he's linked up with Ferrara in a feud against Cheeseburger. Perhaps they just needed a partner for Ferrara since they wanted to continue to put Daddiego with Cheeseburger for whatever reason.
Don't feel bad for missing it. I think it was mostly on random DVD/VOD-only shows.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

LJimmy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:12 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:32 pm
Thelone wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:05 pm

Way to strike while the iron is ice cold.
Which has been a rather constant problem under Delirious. And it's not just a "momentum of the angle" thing. The fact that they've waited so f*cking long to complain about this makes it look like the issue at hand really wasn't important to them, and that's never a good thing.
I will say they might deserve a pass for this one. For awhile it seemed like War Machine were WWE bound as soon as WWE thought they were legally in the clear to speak with ROH names. I think their situation clearly changed around the time of the New Japan Long Beach shows and they're not going anywhere. So it's possible this is why they took so long to play up to this.
Not over a year, though. If this was the angle then it should have been a thing right after they lost the titles. They had the entire second half of 2016 to have Hanson and Rowe say "Lee & Taylor screwed us out of the tag titles. We deserve another shot" and they never once did. Not even when Nigel stuck them in a #1 contendership match with a bunch of teams that hadn't done sh*t to earn a title shot. It's classic bad Delirious booking for something that happened six months (or more) ago to all of a sudden become extremely important to someone despite them never having mentioned it since (Briscoe's rematch against Lethal, the Briscoe/White rematch, ANX being upset at the finish of their match with the Bucks at SOTF 2015 Night 2.
And even if it looked like War Machine was going to go to WWE, why would that stop them from paying this off? If they're leaving then why not have them put the tag champs over on their way out? This would be a very simple way to set up that match on short notice. If turns out (like it actually did) that they really are staying, then you can just come up with some other way for them to earn a title shot (Tag Wars 2017?).