Official QUEEN CITY EXCELLENCE - (TV Tapings) thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Zhuge1

Re: Official QUEEN CITY EXCELLENCE - (TV Tapings) thread

Post by Zhuge1 »

So these are the results as best I recall. Note that the order is probably off a bit for the undercard matches, especially on episodes 2 and 3.

Kazarian came out initially and asked the crowd if they respected The Addiction and what he and Daniels brought to the business, got a positive reaction, then called everyone liars saying no one supported Daniels in his rematch for the title and so now The Addiction was going to destroy everything the fans love about ROH.

Punishment Martinez defeated Flip Gordon (afterwards, Jay white attacked him)

Rhett Titus defeated Cheeseburger (Will Ferrara interfered, Titus and Ferrara jawed at each other afterwards)

Kushida and Kenny King match ended when the Scurll and Adam Page interfered. As mentioned above, it then turned into a tag match which King and Kushida won against Scurll/Page.

Episode 2:

I believe BJ Whitmer came out for commentary for this episode since Cabana wrestled. (if not this one, then he was on commentary for episode 3).

Best Friends defeated Coast 2 Coast -- Caprice Coleman came out before Coast 2 Coast and walked over to the commentary desk and was speaking during the match.

Jay Briscoe beat Matt Taven by DQ when Vinny and (the now recovered) TK jumped Briscoe during the match. They nailed him with chairs giving him a "concussion" which knocked him out of the six man match against the Bullet Club in episode 4. Mark ran out at the end, but got there after Jay was laid out. Crowd chanted "Mark did nothing"

The main event was six man tag title match:
Cabana and the Tempura Boys challenged Dalton Castle and the Boys for the six man title in the main event of episode 2 (Cabana was supposedly trashing him on commentary during episode 1 and talked about getting his "own boys" to challenge them which led to Castle coming out and challenging for the main event). Castle and the boys retained and Castle and Cabana squashed their feud afterwards.

Episode 3:

War Machine defeated Search and Destroy (Gresham and White). Punishment Martinez attacked Jay White afterwards.

Josh Woods defeated Shane Taylor. Taylor beat him up after the match, however. QT Marshall came out afterwards in a suit and gave an envelope to Taylor and then yelled something over the downed Woods (unclear what he was saying).

Main event -- Tag title match Young Bucks and MCMG ended when The Addicition interfered and wiped out both teams, then taunted the crowd by chanting "This is awesome" and insulting folks.

Last episode:
Jay Lethal defeated Beer City Bruiser in No DQ match and tried to break his leg afterwards (continually put the figure 4 on him as Silas fought to try to get past security to get to the ring).

Will Ferrara defeated some guy (couldn't catch the name -- but he came to the ring in a leather fedora and scarf and he sang and danced at times during the match). Cheeseburger came out afterwards and challenged Ferrara to a match one-on-one.

Main event -- Bully Ray and Mark Briscoe wrestled Page and Cody after Jay was ruled out due to concussion. I can't recall the offical outcome, but Scurll came out and interfered at one point; Jay came out and attacked him; those two fought off through the crowd. Then, at some point, The Kingdom came out and attacked everyone. Cody ran off after the match, Page hid to one side until they were focused on Bully Ray and Mark, then ran off. Eventually Jay came back and the ring was cleared except TK who got put through a table.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

This is just so...

- Was the whole point of the "Jay Briscoe being angry cost his team titles" thing to turn Jay heel and feud him with Bully Ray? If so, how the hell is having The Kingdom assault Jay 3-on-1 with chairs anything but counter-productive?
- Was there any real prompting for the crowd to chant "Mark did nothing" like a promo that would lead them to think that that was the intended direction of the storyline? Because if they just randomly chanted that themselves, that's pretty sh*tty.
- If Lethal was trying to break BCB's leg after a match, why is security restraining Silas instead of trying to get Lethal off of BCB?
- More f*cking mysterious envelopes?
- And Q.T. MARSHALL?! I swear Gabe must this stuff and just double over laughing that he is bringing in guys like Darby Allin and Austin Theory while Delirious is bringing in Q.T. Marshall and Vinny Marseglia.
Big Red Machine

Big Red Machine wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:03 am
TowerOfDoom wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:03 pm
monster mafia wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:42 pm ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE YOUNG BUCKS (MATT & NICK JACKSON) vs. MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (ALEX SHELLEY & CHRIS SABIN)

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/young- ... excellence
This should be on ppv.
Maybe it will just be some sort of annoying DQ.
It was, indeed, a DQ. This is the sort of thing that, in theory, is a good DQ, but that fact that there have been so many just makes it yet another frustrating DQ.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:58 am This is just so...

- Was the whole point of the "Jay Briscoe being angry cost his team titles" thing to turn Jay heel and feud him with Bully Ray? If so, how the hell is having The Kingdom assault Jay 3-on-1 with chairs anything but counter-productive?
- Was there any real prompting for the crowd to chant "Mark did nothing" like a promo that would lead them to think that that was the intended direction of the storyline? Because if they just randomly chanted that themselves, that's pretty sh*tty.
- If Lethal was trying to break BCB's leg after a match, why is security restraining Silas instead of trying to get Lethal off of BCB?
- More f*cking mysterious envelopes?
- And Q.T. MARSHALL?! I swear Gabe must this stuff and just double over laughing that he is bringing in guys like Darby Allin and Austin Theory while Delirious is bringing in Q.T. Marshall and Vinny Marseglia.
- no clue -- seemed very odd. I expected a heel turn especially after Mark was late on the save

- crowd near entrance just started chanting it -- no prompting

- good question and one Silas specifically asked of the ref afterwards

- yep, more envelopes with no explanation

- yeah I had to go look to confirm, but it was QT. The back of his suit had "God's Gift" written on it. He was doing crowd control during the autograph session.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Clearly another barnburner of a taping.
Zhuge1 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:13 amKazarian came out initially and asked the crowd if they respected The Addiction and what he and Daniels brought to the business, got a positive reaction, then called everyone liars saying no one supported Daniels in his rematch for the title and so now The Addiction was going to destroy everything the fans love about ROH.
Delirious does a tremendous job, so I don't know how much is left to destroy at this point.

War Machine defeated Search and Destroy (Gresham and White). Punishment Martinez attacked Jay White afterwards.
Fine, whatever.
Rhett Titus defeated Cheeseburger (Will Ferrara interfered, Titus and Ferrara jawed at each other afterwards)
THE BATTLE FOR... SOMETHING!!!
Kushida and Kenny King match ended when the Scurll and Adam Page interfered. As mentioned above, it then turned into a tag match which King and Kushida won against Scurll/Page.
The Scurll sounds cool. More jobbing for Page because he'll still be a young boy when he's 40 I guess.
Best Friends defeated Coast 2 Coast -- Caprice Coleman came out before Coast 2 Coast and walked over to the commentary desk and was speaking during the match.
Oh good, another one of those.
Jay Briscoe beat Matt Taven by DQ when Vinny and (the now recovered) TK jumped Briscoe during the match. They nailed him with chairs giving him a "concussion" which knocked him out of the six man match against the Bullet Club in episode 4. Mark ran out at the end, but got there after Jay was laid out. Crowd chanted "Mark did nothing"
You know, because ROH crowds just flat out suck nowadays.
Cabana and the Tempura Boys challenged Dalton Castle and the Boys for the six man title in the main event of episode 2 (Cabana was supposedly trashing him on commentary during episode 1 and talked about getting his "own boys" to challenge them which led to Castle coming out and challenging for the main event). Castle and the boys retained and Castle and Cabana squashed their feud afterwards.
It sure was a match that happened.
Josh Woods defeated Shane Taylor. Taylor beat him up after the match, however. QT Marshall came out afterwards in a suit and gave an envelope to Taylor and then yelled something over the downed Woods (unclear what he was saying).
Such compelling TV right there. Can't wait for the billionth return of Prince Nana that'll be another fart in church and dropped within a month.
Main event -- Tag title match Young Bucks and MCMG ended when The Addicition interfered and wiped out both teams, then taunted the crowd by chanting "This is awesome" and insulting folks.
Oh man, that'll build sympathy for those plucky babyfaces the Young Bucks.
Jay Lethal defeated Beer City Bruiser in No DQ match and tried to break his leg afterwards (continually put the figure 4 on him as Silas fought to try to get past security to get to the ring).
I feel like Lethal and Young have been feuding for a million years at this point. Also gotta love the logic of a wrestler trying to break another one's leg being a totally normal behavior, but Young trying to save his buddy from a crazed maniac is wrong. Delirious sure knows how to book faces and heels efficiently.
Will Ferrara defeated some guy (couldn't catch the name -- but he came to the ring in a leather fedora and scarf and he sang and danced at times during the match). Cheeseburger came out afterwards and challenged Ferrara to a match one-on-one.
Seriously, who the heel could possibly care about this shit?
Main event -- Bully Ray and Mark Briscoe wrestled Page and Cody after Jay was ruled out due to concussion. I can't recall the offical outcome, but Scurll came out and interfered at one point; Jay came out and attacked him; those two fought off through the crowd. Then, at some point, The Kingdom came out and attacked everyone. Cody ran off after the match, Page hid to one side until they were focused on Bully Ray and Mark, then ran off. Eventually Jay came back and the ring was cleared except TK who got put through a table.
Well, that was... erm... what?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

THELONE IS BACK!!!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

We have some results here too. Thanks for posting your results too man.

http://rohworld.com/roh-073017-queen-ci ... oilers-tv/
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

cgstong wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:00 pm We have some results here too. Thanks for posting your results too man.

http://rohworld.com/roh-073017-queen-ci ... oilers-tv/
Damn, I can't believe I actually got the order right.

Also, prior to bell-time, they recorded a Future of Honor match. It was a three-way dance between Cauliflower, Firework Foxx Vinter, and some other guy (white guy with dreadlocks announced as being "From America"). Dreadlocks guy won the fight. Cauliflower was the local favorite.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Apparently there is a dq on every episode, no built up ROH World Title contenders for what will be twelve consecutive weeks, a saga between Martinez and White that consists entirely of one story beat, and the return of The Embassy, which will indeed be a way of restructuring The Rebellion, only under more dire circumstances than I predicted.

Can't say anything other than what a bummer this promotion is. The only redeeming thing I can find in those results is that Best Friends exist. ROH is just eerily content with having no hook.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

QT Marshall and Shane Taylor may be the least interesting thing to ever happen
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

The person who wrestled Will Ferrara is Howie Timberché. From the same wrestling school as Deonna and Karen:

https://twitter.com/DamianAdamsss/statu ... 6945085441
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

rovert1 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:49 pm The person who wrestled Will Ferrara is Howie Timberché. From the same wrestling school as Deonna and Karen:

https://twitter.com/DamianAdamsss/statu ... 6945085441
He was pretty solid, and definitely a bit different.
Big Red Machine

Thelone wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:13 am

Such compelling TV right there. Can't wait for the billionth return of Prince Nana that'll be another fart in church and dropped within a month.
We should be so lucky.

Thelone wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:13 am I feel like Lethal and Young have been feuding for a million years at this point.
Yeah. That little bit they did last September is starting to look like a big mistake in hindsight.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:13 am Clearly another barnburner of a taping.
Zhuge1 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:13 amKazarian came out initially and asked the crowd if they respected The Addiction and what he and Daniels brought to the business, got a positive reaction, then called everyone liars saying no one supported Daniels in his rematch for the title and so now The Addiction was going to destroy everything the fans love about ROH.
Delirious does a tremendous job, so I don't know how much is left to destroy at this point.

Fine, whatever.
THE BATTLE FOR... SOMETHING!!!
The Scurll sounds cool. More jobbing for Page because he'll still be a young boy when he's 40 I guess.
Oh good, another one of those.
You know, because ROH crowds just flat out suck nowadays.
It sure was a match that happened.
Oh man, that'll build sympathy for those plucky babyfaces the Young Bucks.
I feel like Lethal and Young have been feuding for a million years at this point. Also gotta love the logic of a wrestler trying to break another one's leg being a totally normal behavior, but Young trying to save his buddy from a crazed maniac is wrong. Delirious sure knows how to book faces and heels efficiently.
Seriously, who the heel could possibly care about this shit?
Well, that was... erm... what?
Thelone's play by play was the single greatest thing I read today. Aside from that, these TV tapings sound fucking terrible. Constant interference. Bizzare storylines. The bleeding is getting worse. The thing that blows me away is Lethal trying to break the Beer City Bruiser's leg and security is trying to stop Silas Young from stopping it. Yeah, okay. Who thought this was a good idea? I don't believe anyone has the balls to edit Delirious at this point.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

MORE DETAILED REPORT OF THE TV TAPING.

ROH TV TAPING REPORT
JULY 29, 2017
CHARLOTTE, N.C.
REPORT BY ERIC FROM CHARLOTTE, PWTORCH VIP MEMBER

I have never been to an ROH show before, so I was excited to see the promotion in person and experience non-WWE wrestling.

A decent size crowd for a very small arena. It was probably two-thirds filled with a pretty good mixture of both men and women, all around the age of 18-49.

There was a merchandise stand on the floor, and they seemed to have every ROH shirt available, and about 80 percent of them were variations of Bullet Club shirts. I also saw Elias Young, Punishment, Kingdom, and Jay Lethal shirts as well. They had a second stand as well that was selling a ton of ROH DVDs and fidget spinners. During intermission, The Kingdom was actually at the stand, trying to talk people out of buying Bullet Club shirts and buy their own.

Show 1

Kazarian starts the night by cutting a promo and calls out the fans for their lack of respect to himself and Christopher Daniels. He makes fun of the fan’s use of streamers, which of course causes some fans to throw streamers at him. He then makes fun of the fan’s stupid chants. Jonny Fairplay reported that people chanted “We love streamers” at this point, but everyone near me literally chanted “Stupid Chant,” which in my opinion, is better in this situation. He then threatened to ruin “what we love” before he called all of us stupid marks and mic-dropped out of the ring. Gret heel work in this promo and it got the fans excited for the show.

(1) Punishment Martinez defeated Flip Gordon in 8:00. This was a decent match. The move of the match came in Gordon’s entrance when he took off his pants while backflipping off the top-rope. Martinez won when he was dazed on top of the turnbuckle, but caught Gordon attempting a top-rope move, and hit him with an Avalanche Chokeslam for the pin. A good spot to end the match.

(2) Rhett Titus defeated Cheeseburger in 3:00. Titus hit Cheeseburger with a cheap-shot to start the match. Cheeseburger was making a quick comeback, but his rival (I can’t remember his name) came to interfere, which allowed Titus to win the match. Afterwards, Titus walked past a fan with an “I hate you” sign. Titus yanked it from the fan and ripped it up in front of him. This got a lot of heat from the fans.

-Dalton Castle came out on stage to confront Cabana. He suggested that Colt find two partners and challenge both him and The Boys for the six-man Tag Championships. Dalton states that this match will take place “next week” which did draw boos from the crowd. I’ll admit I have been caught in the WWE bubble, so I booed as well, forgetting about the multiple tapings that will take place. Dalton, hearing the boos, quickly amended that it will take place “at this building next week” which then quickly calmed down the crowd.

(3) Kenny King wrestled Kushida to a no contest in 8:00 so Kushida retained the ROH TV Championship. This was a hard-fought match. Kushida moved out the way from a Corkscrew Plancha from King, but luckily King was able to land on all fours to avoid a hard landing on the floor. This would be followed by Kushida hitting a hurricanrana from the outside into the turnbuckle for a hard-hitting spot. The two would go back into the ring for a couple more minutes with Kushida attempting the Kimura a couple more times before The Bullet Club (Adam Page and Marty Scurll) would interfere and end the match. King and Kushida would fight back on the Club’s assult and agree to team up for a match right away.

(4) Kenny King & Kushida defeated Hangman Page & Marty Scurll in 11:00. This was a pretty good match that got a “This is Awesome” chant from the crowd. The Club was on offense for the entire first half of the match before Kushida finally got the hot tag for the comeback. Here the match quickly picked up gears in which everyone essentially traded signature moves for the last few minutes before King got the pin.

Show 2

(1) Best Friends defeated Coast to Coast in 12:00. It was a fun match that mostly involved Best Friends making the crowd laugh with their offense. Nothing much to add here.

(2) Jay Brisco defeated Matt Taven by DQ in 11:00. The story of the match mostly involved Jay fighting off the other two members of Kingdom while fighting the third. One member came out in a walking boot and a crutch, but when Jay took his crutch to create an equalizer against the three members, the injured member took off his boot and reveled he was faking his injury. He then proceeded to attack Jay with the book to get Taven disqualified. All three members of The Kingdom them grabbed chairs and hit Jay with a triple Concerto after the match.

(3) Dalton Castle & The Boys defeated Colt Cabana & The Tempura Boys in 14:00 to retain the ROH Six-Man Tag Team Titles. This might have been match of the night. The crowd quickly fell in love with Dalton’s charisma and glamor, and cheered for him, while booing Cabana. The Boy’s stole the show during this match as they kept trying to illegally switch behind the ref’s back for comedy and became furniture for Dalton in order to taunt Cabana. After the match, Dalton asked Colt if he has his respect now after Dalton beat him three times. Colt agreed and all six-men shook hands to end the second show and to start intermission.

Show 3

(1) War Machine defeated Jonathan Gresham & Jay White in 10:00. This was another choice for the best match of the entire night. I would suggest watching this episode among the others for this match, though I will say it was probably more enjoyable when we didn’t know who was going to win. I have never seen War Machine before, so they definitely won me over with their surprisingly high level of athleticism.

(2) Josh Woods defeated Shane Taylor in 6:00. Taylor was getting a lot of heat in this match by bullying both the crowd and the referee. At one point, we heard Taylor say something inappropriate to the ref, and I heard the crowd chant towards Taylor. It almost sounded like “Watch Your Mouth, Boy,” but I sure hope I misheard them. Taylor grabs a chair towards the end of the match, but the ref took it from him before he can use it, and this allowed Woods to roll up Taylor for an upset win.

(3) The Young Bucks wrestled The Motor City Machine Guns to a No Contest in 13:00 so the Bucks retained the ROH Tag Team Championships. The crowd was behind the Young Bucks the entire time they were out there; it was a total superstar reaction. This match felt very similar to the TV title match earlier in the night. The two fought back and forth for 12 minutes, and The Young Bucks were just starting their Superkick party. They landed about two or three, when Kazarian fulfilled his earlier threat and jumped the barricade with Daniels to attack all four men to throw out the match. The match participants however, would eventually fight back and push Kazarian/Daniels out of the ring, and they would celebrate together in the ring with The Young Bucks proclaiming to the MCMG that they would get their rematch soon.

Show 4

(1) Jay Lethal defeated Beer City Bruiser in a no-DQ match in 13:00. The two both came on stage already fighting. Security guards followed to block the entranceway in order to prevent Silas Young from interfering. Most of the match involved the two brawling outside, using chairs and the barricade as weapons. The match ended when Lethal tied Bruiser to the bottom rope with tape and then proceeded to target his knee with chars and a keg. Lethal would win with the figure-four as he taunted Young the whole time to infuriate him.

(2) Bully Ray & Mark Brisco defeated Hangman Page & Cody by DQ in 11:00. This was a standard WWE-style main event tag match. It was back-and-forth the entire time, and each person was able to have their short moment in the match. Halfway through, Scurll came to interfere against Bully Ray, but before he could do anything, Jay Brisco came out and attacked Scurll. The two brawled throughout the arena before fighting towards the back for the end of the match. It looked as if Bully was going to get the win, but Kingdom came out and attacks both Bully Ray and Jay to give them a DQ victory.

After the match, Cody and Page fled during Kingdom’s beatdown. Jay Brisco came back out to save his brother and even up the score, but Kingdom still beat all three up. The three men grabbed a table and tried to put one of the Brisco brothers through it, but the other two got up and fight back. Two of the Kingdom members got thrown out of the ring, leaving one left to get triple Powerbombed through the table. Bully Ray got a microphone and thanked the crowd for coming out. He said that he knows it was a long night, but he confidently asked if the fans had a good time tonight. He then brought two kids into the ring, jokingly gave one a hard time for wearing a John Cena shirt, and then gave both kids each a shard of the broken table (which sounds completely dangerous, by the way). He raised their hands with the Briscos, and the show finally came to an end.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Considering this was my first time seeing ROH in person, I will say I enjoyed the experience. The fact that it was a TV taping, however, definitely dropped the quality of the show as opposed to a house show or a PPV. From bell to bell, and including the intermission, the whole experience lasted over five-and-a-half hours, and all of the big matches had interference and didn’t have a true ending. The value was good for the talent present, but I will probably only come back to an ROH show if it is a non-TV taping.

BEST REACTIONS…

(1) Young Buck (by far)

(2) Tie between Cody and Jay Brisco

(3) Kushida
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:16 pmDuring intermission, The Kingdom was actually at the stand, trying to talk people out of buying Bullet Club shirts and buy their own.
Now watch them do absolutely nothing with this angle.
Kazarian starts the night by cutting a promo and calls out the fans for their lack of respect to himself and Christopher Daniels. He makes fun of the fan’s use of streamers, which of course causes some fans to throw streamers at him. He then makes fun of the fan’s stupid chants. Jonny Fairplay reported that people chanted “We love streamers” at this point, but everyone near me literally chanted “Stupid Chant,” which in my opinion, is better in this situation. He then threatened to ruin “what we love” before he called all of us stupid marks and mic-dropped out of the ring. Gret heel work in this promo and it got the fans excited for the show.
Cheap heat : The Promo.
(2) Rhett Titus defeated Cheeseburger in 3:00. Titus hit Cheeseburger with a cheap-shot to start the match. Cheeseburger was making a quick comeback, but his rival (I can’t remember his name) came to interfere, which allowed Titus to win the match. Afterwards, Titus walked past a fan with an “I hate you” sign. Titus yanked it from the fan and ripped it up in front of him. This got a lot of heat from the fans.
Am I crazy or didn't they upload a Titus promo on Youtube where he was kind of a babyface?
-Dalton Castle came out on stage to confront Cabana. He suggested that Colt find two partners and challenge both him and The Boys for the six-man Tag Championships. Dalton states that this match will take place “next week” which did draw boos from the crowd. I’ll admit I have been caught in the WWE bubble, so I booed as well, forgetting about the multiple tapings that will take place. Dalton, hearing the boos, quickly amended that it will take place “at this building next week” which then quickly calmed down the crowd.
You know, because that hot feud was still a thing I guess.
(1) Best Friends defeated Coast to Coast in 12:00. It was a fun match that mostly involved Best Friends making the crowd laugh with their offense. Nothing much to add here.

(3) Dalton Castle & The Boys defeated Colt Cabana & The Tempura Boys in 14:00 to retain the ROH Six-Man Tag Team Titles. This might have been match of the night. The crowd quickly fell in love with Dalton’s charisma and glamor, and cheered for him, while booing Cabana. The Boy’s stole the show during this match as they kept trying to illegally switch behind the ref’s back for comedy and became furniture for Dalton in order to taunt Cabana. After the match, Dalton asked Colt if he has his respect now after Dalton beat him three times. Colt agreed and all six-men shook hands to end the second show and to start intermission.
I'm not the kind of guy who thinks that everything on a wrestling show must be DEAD SERIOUS, but can we please dial it down with the stupid comedy? At least spread it out a bit so you don't have half a show with goofy stuff.
(1) War Machine defeated Jonathan Gresham & Jay White in 10:00. This was another choice for the best match of the entire night. I would suggest watching this episode among the others for this match, though I will say it was probably more enjoyable when we didn’t know who was going to win. I have never seen War Machine before, so they definitely won me over with their surprisingly high level of athleticism.
Serious question : name ONE big man who ISN'T "surprisingly athletic" in this day and age, and not shitheads like Bryan Mayonnaise or whatever the fuck his name is. You know, someone half decent.
(3) The Young Bucks wrestled The Motor City Machine Guns to a No Contest in 13:00 so the Bucks retained the ROH Tag Team Championships. The crowd was behind the Young Bucks the entire time they were out there; it was a total superstar reaction. This match felt very similar to the TV title match earlier in the night. The two fought back and forth for 12 minutes, and The Young Bucks were just starting their Superkick party. They landed about two or three, when Kazarian fulfilled his earlier threat and jumped the barricade with Daniels to attack all four men to throw out the match. The match participants however, would eventually fight back and push Kazarian/Daniels out of the ring, and they would celebrate together in the ring with The Young Bucks proclaiming to the MCMG that they would get their rematch soon.
They really are gonna do "plucky babyfaces" Young Bucks, aren't they?

Or I guess that'll mean nothing as usual.
(1) Jay Lethal defeated Beer City Bruiser in a no-DQ match in 13:00. The two both came on stage already fighting. Security guards followed to block the entranceway in order to prevent Silas Young from interfering. Most of the match involved the two brawling outside, using chairs and the barricade as weapons. The match ended when Lethal tied Bruiser to the bottom rope with tape and then proceeded to target his knee with chars and a keg. Lethal would win with the figure-four as he taunted Young the whole time to infuriate him.
Seriously, that was a double turn, right?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Oh fuck. Not another tag run for The Addiction.
Big Red Machine

monster mafia wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:16 pm

FINAL THOUGHTS: Considering this was my first time seeing ROH in person, I will say I enjoyed the experience. The fact that it was a TV taping, however, definitely dropped the quality of the show as opposed to a house show or a PPV. From bell to bell, and including the intermission, the whole experience lasted over five-and-a-half hours, and all of the big matches had interference and didn’t have a true ending. The value was good for the talent present, but I will probably only come back to an ROH show if it is a non-TV taping.
Keep in mind that this is the reaction of someone who has never been to a non-WWE show before, and based on his report, appears to be pretty much the exact example of the "casual fan" that this shift away from being what ROH is supposed to be is designed to get.