Official WINDY CITY EXCELLENCE (TV Tapings) thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
monster mafia

Official WINDY CITY EXCELLENCE (TV Tapings) thread

Post by monster mafia »

The Best Wrestling on the Planet returns to Chicago Ridge, IL on Saturday June 3! It will be a night of the hard-hitting, fast-paced, in-your-face action that only ROH can provide!

There is nothing like seeing all of your favorite Ring of Honor stars LIVE!

ALREADY SIGNED:

THE ADDICTION (ROH WORLD CHAMPION “ALMIGHTY” CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & “THE HEAVY METAL REBEL” FRANKIE KAZARIAN) vs. BULLET CLUB

“PRO WRESTLING’S LAST REAL MAN” SILAS YOUNG vs. BOBBY FISH

PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ vs. JAY WHITE

JAY LETHAL vs. CAPRICE COLEMAN

JONATHAN GRESHAM vs. FLIP GORDON

THE REBELLION (KENNY KING, RHETT TITUS, & SHANE TAYLOR) vs. DALTON CASTLE & THE BOYS

SIGNED TO APPEAR…

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)
ROH WORLD 6 MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS Bully Ray & The Briscoes (Jay & Mark)
Josh Woods
The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Vinnie Marseglia)
MCMG (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin)
Hangman Page
Coast 2 Coast (Shaheem Ali & LSG)
Cheeseburger
The Tempura Boyz (Sho & Yo)
Will Ferrara
and more!
Last edited by monster mafia on Fri May 26, 2017 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
BurningHammer

Re: Official WINDY CITY EXCELLENCE (TV Tapings) thread

Post by BurningHammer »

I wonder if Starr will be back, I hope so, will be again interesting to see if Chuck is back as well.
BMoonphase

Post by BMoonphase »

No chance Chuck Taylor shows, as he is booked at the WrestlePalooza show in Minneapolis that night. Still hoping Chuck gets a longer look in ROH, but doubtful he could get a contract equal to what he makes right now as an IC...
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Ian Riccaboni announced on May 22nd's ROH Update that Bobby Fish and Silas Young will face each other.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Anyone seen a full list of results? 411 has the first episode and part of the second, which look good but doesn't really add much storyline wise other than Woods throwing some shade at Kushida.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

It's funny because WrestleZone posted results from the first two episodes and nothing more. But then, they posted photos from episodes 3 and 4 without the results. The most important things were:

- Alex Shelley talking with Gordon, newest member of S&D?
- Fish throwing chairs after his lost to Silas
- White defeated (I think with some type of Small Package) Martinez and after the match Punishmet destroyed White with a Powerbomb into the barricade. Possible match for the PPV?
- Rhodes and Daniels go-home super brawl. Which led to a Daniels/Kaz vs Page/Cody match in the main event. I think Daniels and Kaz won.
- Briscoe not doing the Code of Honor after his match with Woods, but I think this was an error in the repor. It would make sense if Woods was the one not doing the hand shake.
- Bucks buring the tag division (Coast 2 Coast, Tempura and Will/Cheese)
- Cabana returned and defeated Marseglia, maybe it was just a dark-match for the people in Chicago
- Rebellion destroying Dalton's Boys
- Bully defeating Matt Taven in a hardcore match after a Chokeslam throught a table. Yeah, it looks like Bully (AGAIN) did a promo before the match making it a No DQ.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

According to @ChiWrestleNut, ROH taped 2 episodes of ROH TV as well as a VOD "Road to BITW" show in Chicago last night
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

AlexROH wrote:It's funny because WrestleZone posted results from the first two episodes and nothing more. But then, they posted photos from episodes 3 and 4 without the results. The most important things were:

- White defeated (I think with some type of Small Package) Martinez and after the match Punishmet destroyed White with a Powerbomb into the barricade. Possible match for the PPV?
- Rhodes and Daniels go-home super brawl. Which led to a Daniels/Kaz vs Page/Cody match in the main event. I think Daniels and Kaz won.
- Briscoe not doing the Code of Honor after his match with Woods, but I think this was an error in the repor. It would make sense if Woods was the one not doing the hand shake.
- Cabana returned and defeated Marseglia, maybe it was just a dark-match for the people in Chicago
- Bully defeating Matt Taven in a hardcore match after a Chokeslam throught a table. Yeah, it looks like Bully (AGAIN) did a promo before the match making it a No DQ.
C'mon man, beating two jobber tag teams in a 3 Way isn't burying the tag division
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote:According to @ChiWrestleNut, ROH taped 2 episodes of ROH TV as well as a VOD "Road to BITW" show in Chicago last night
Cool. I think the First episode will be the last ROH TV Before the PPV and the second one the saturday show that always have some random stuff.

Which matches were taped for the VOD?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

King of Indy Style wrote:
AlexROH wrote:It's funny because WrestleZone posted results from the first two episodes and nothing more. But then, they posted photos from episodes 3 and 4 without the results. The most important things were:

C'mon man, beating two jobber tag teams in a 3 Way isn't burying the tag division
It's a joke man! Hahahaha.