Official War of the worlds tour (TV Tapings) thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
BurningHammer

Re: Official War of the worlds tour (TV Tapings) thread

Post by BurningHammer »

Just on Marty loosing the title, it might just be a transitioning for Marty to main event or adding spice to something that NJPW want to do with Marty and Kushida. Maybe also a favour to ROH as Marty is headed over to Japan for a while.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

All I know is Marty has "some time left yet" on his ROH deal. He's very much in demand but he's pretty happy with ROH and life these days.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote:It will be interesting to see if we get Chuck full time, rather than just this one off appearance, I hope we do as he improved a ton as a wrestler, and has a lot of momemtum behing him right now.

I'm just wondering at best in the world do you think we could get RPV/Chuck vs Bucks/Marty at BITW then that leads to say the bucks taking out Rockey and then we have Best Freinds against the Bucks for a while maybe even to Final Battle where Best Freinds take the title maybe book Best Freinds similarly to how Steen and Generico were booked going for that first title.
I don't see Best Friends being a long-term thing in ROH as long as RPG Vice is a thing. As for Chuck coming in full-time, the fact that he was on TV should mean that this is going to be more than a one-time thing. Otherwise this would have been the sort of match you do on a VOD show.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I'm just wondering if Rocky might be taking a break as I can remember there being article about him moving into acting or trying to and his Music might be something he wants to take more seriously. I'm probably way off, either way I hope we get to see more Trent and Chuck.

I guess we will see with regards to the next set of TV tapings it will be interesting to see if the likes of Starr and Chuck are there, if they are then that's great hopefully we will see more Flip Gordon also this time around.

It's interesting that they are doing a double header that weekend, so we might see much less wrestling on the next set of TV tapings just to save bodies for the event the next day. I guess gateway to the gold will involve a lot of number one contender matches or set ups for future title matches.