Official Steel City Excellence Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Brada

Re: Official Steel City Excellence Thread

Post by Brada »

Mojo is just swerving everybody. Next month, Mojo himself will join the Bullet Club.

BREAK IT DOWN!!
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Happy with most of what came of the TV tapings, Glad to see both Skyler and Carr impressed, they both have it in them to do well for anyone really.

I thought White would get the win here but I guess they may well be building Jay up for another world title shot. I think White should have got the win here and really continue building him as a singles guy as this would have been that big win he needed.

Glad Skyler got the win, he seems to have something.

Glad LSG impressed again, the kids really got talent an underrated amount that I think could go really far if he gets the personality to go with it.

I wonder how Elgin is feeling his student got the win after saying ROH was so cruel about them.

Punishment hopefully out the whole mess of angle will allow him some time and space to really grow into ROH, he will simply takes Dijak's role as the big guy in ROH and he does have talent so I'm going to worry to much, if he is going to play a dark character I hope he gets better make or just none at all.

I like the idea of Taylor in the rebellion it's a good role for him to grow into and it will be interesting if they do anything with Taylor and Rush at the anniversary show, I could also see MCMG/White vs The Rebellion there too.

Lethal/Cody bullrope isn't a bad match at all if it's done right can always have some drama, the build really needs to big though so they are going to have to push it on the house shows.

Surprised by Woods over Larusso considering who was the home town guy, but Woods has seemed to have a lot of talent for a while so I wouldn't be surprised to see him win it.

Lethal vs Fish might be something they are planning for the anniversary show, maybe have a stip it's the last chance for either of them to get a title shot for a year or two, not ever because that just always seems stupid. It also allows Fish the out if he is leaving the company.

I certainly think the Kazarian turn adds more of an emotional dimension to the world title match, although maybe have Kazarian turning on Daniels after he won the title would have been the better option. This is probably what happens when you give the Bucks more creative control but considering how successful they have been for ROH it isn't going to stop. I don't whever or not they will have anything at MM considering the timing of the tapings but maybe a tag match of Lethal/Daniels vs Cody/Kazarian might happen there
Last edited by BurningHammer on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Kazarian in Bullet Club...gues he's Bullet Club USA's answer to Bone Soldier. :lol:
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I hate this. Bullet Club USA is quickly turning into the era of watered down nWo. The equivalent of Kaz joining the Bullet Club is when Ray Traylor joined the nWo.

I am awaiting Thelone to put his two cents in. I need a good laugh, because this angle is lame.

I am getting tired of Bullet Club. Months later The Young Bucks cater to the fans and to a lesser extent Cole does as well. Page and Rhodes play it as straight heels. What are they then? I have to remind myself to focus on the workrate and not the inane fucking storylines like Kaz turning on his best friend, for no reason whatsoever, to join the Bullet Club.
I don't have a whole lot more to say frankly. Yeah, Bullet Club black & white sure seems to become just another overbloated faction with bodies joining for little to no reason. I mean, the Addiction was dead and this break-up is probably a year too late at the very least, but I couldn't care less about Kazarian as a singles guy.

I guess we're doing another "Cheeseburger is useless in a tag team and his partner will turn on him because losing streak of doom". Riveting...

"Shockingly", something like half of the TPT participants are garbage. At least most of the decent ones made it to the second round.

Seems like we're finally done with whatever was left of this Corino/Whitmer feud of doom. That sure was worth it, huh ?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I hate this. Bullet Club USA is quickly turning into the era of watered down nWo. The equivalent of Kaz joining the Bullet Club is when Ray Traylor joined the nWo.

I am awaiting Thelone to put his two cents in. I need a good laugh, because this angle is lame.

I am getting tired of Bullet Club. Months later The Young Bucks cater to the fans and to a lesser extent Cole does as well. Page and Rhodes play it as straight heels. What are they then? I have to remind myself to focus on the workrate and not the inane fucking storylines like Kaz turning on his best friend, for no reason whatsoever, to join the Bullet Club.
I don't have a whole lot more to say frankly. Yeah, Bullet Club black & white sure seems to become just another overbloated faction with bodies joining for little to no reason. I mean, the Addiction was dead and this break-up is probably a year too late at the very least, but I couldn't care less about Kazarian as a singles guy.

I guess we're doing another "Cheeseburger is useless in a tag team and his partner will turn on him because losing streak of doom". Riveting...

"Shockingly", something like half of the TPT participants are garbage. At least most of the decent ones made it to the second round.

Seems like we're finally done with whatever was left of this Corino/Whitmer feud of doom. That sure was worth it, huh ?
Agree on everything.

Couldn't get enough of the Brutal Bob turn on Cheeseburger awhile back? Here's more for you in the form of Little Willy. This is such a Delirious go-to angle.

I am, for the most part, underwhelmed by this year's TPT. I will wait to see how this pans out before being completely jaded.

I can't even begin to digest the conclusion of the Corino/Whitmer feud because I am still vomiting from the beginning and middle of the feud.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

I really liked Corino/Whitmer until Sullivan got involved.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I did too. I liked the whole stalker angle. Sullivan stepped in there and ruined that all together.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Oh good, ROH managed to jump the shark for the sixth consecutive week.

The glass half-half full is that creative didn't end a PPV with a Kazarian turn. It's too bad that Kevin Kelly isn't here to report back on how even though he was personally injured by the Bullet Club, they still sure can move merchandise.
Brada

Post by Brada »

lol. I can picture him saying that. Funny.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I hope there ends uo being another swerve at the PPV and Kazarian joined Bullet Club as an elaborate ruse by the Ring General.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

dhads7161 wrote:I hope there ends uo being another swerve at the PPV and Kazarian joined Bullet Club as an elaborate ruse by the Ring General.
I actually think it would be a great payoff for Daniels to win by The Addiction out-trolling the Bullet Club—letting the smartest men in the room reunite in their spoils. In fact, I think it’s so shot-leading a move that it inevitably won’t happen.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I'm still having a hard time buying Daniels winning the title at the PPV. I see Castle with a better shot in Orlando...
rovert

Post by rovert »

Brada wrote:I'm still having a hard time buying Daniels winning the title at the PPV. I see Castle with a better shot in Orlando...
We did this with the Dome show and people having a hard time buying KOR was losing.
Brada

Post by Brada »

rovert wrote:
Brada wrote:I'm still having a hard time buying Daniels winning the title at the PPV. I see Castle with a better shot in Orlando...
We did this with the Dome show and people having a hard time buying KOR was losing.
Rovert, are you saying Daniels is leaving with the title in Vegas?