SOTF Night 1 Spoilers

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Brada

SOTF Night 1 Spoilers

Post by Brada »

Keith Lee over Sterrett
Panther over Ferrara Yo and Silas...Panther pins Ferrara with STIFF drop kick from top rope.
Dane over Dijak
Punishment Martinez over Cheeseburger and Cabana. Alex Shelley jumped in the back and injured....aka missed flight.
Fish over Kenny King

At intermission now
Brada

Re: SOTF Night 1 Spoilers

Post by Brada »

I'm guessing 400 range for attendance
Brada

Post by Brada »

Castle over Titus and Sabin.
Lio Rush over Misteriosio Jr, Zo, and Page.

Panther, Dane, Martinez, Fish, Castle, and Rush in SOTF Finals tomorrow night.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

At this point, assuming Kyle wins at FB, I'd go Bobby or full throttle with the audible and have Martinez win it.
Brada

Post by Brada »

OReilly makes Daniels tap. Shake hands after.

Lee/Taylor come out and make the main with War Machine and Briscoes a Triple Threat. Briscoes then make it a street fight.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Crazy main event. These 6 went all out, very physical. Mark Briscoe climbs to the top of the Sinclair moving truck and comes off the top in a wild scene.

Briscoes get the win.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Quick notes:

Cabana as the cocky heel was odd. Angle is Castle not ready to be a star.

O'Reilly looks to have injured his left arm. Not heavy selling, but legitimate issue.

Keith Lee and Shane Taylor can really go. Keith Lee moves really well for his size.

Crowd didn't really click with Jax Dane. He seemed to play a tough guy heel role.

Addiction definitely hinting the face turn.

For missing Cole, Lethal, Bucks...good show overall. Last 2 matches were the top 2.

I'm still picking Fish tomorrow night, even though Castle promo suggested otherwise.
ndp

Post by ndp »

Brada wrote:Punishment Martinez over Cheeseburger and Cabana. Alex Shelley jumped in the back and injured....aka missed flight.
Wait, did he actually miss his flight? Unless they were going to do Punisher vs. Taylor or Shelley was advancing (doubtful), it looks like they what they did was their original plan, which I don't think was a good one. There were poorer workers they could have fake injured and left off matches on these shows instead. Then again, Shelley's not listed in any of the matches they announced for Night Two so maybe something happened there. A three-way with Cheeseburger and Punisher sounds like it could be rough. In any event, I'm glad the top two matches delivered.

A few surprises in SotF. Thinking about it, an odd finals shouldn't be surprising. One that weird is surprising, but in general, weirdish should have been expected. All those three-ways and four-ways looked like they were to protect guys so half the results being lower tier guys pinning lower tier guys so five upper mid-carders don't have to drop falls in one match on night two was the likely outcome. I think it would have been better to just have one surprise qualifier and have that guy make to the final two or three. That'd have a better chance of elevating someone over this way unless someone like Lio wins. The finals could be interesting. I still think Fish wins. I hope Lio is at least in the final three.
Brada wrote:Addiction definitely hinting the face turn.
I felt there were issues with them as faces when they first came in, but after that Daniels promo and Ladder War, turning them face feels natural.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

ndp wrote:
Brada wrote:Addiction definitely hinting the face turn.
I felt there were issues with them as faces when they first came in, but after that Daniels promo and Ladder War, turning them face feels natural.
I think it's more Daniels who it feels natural to turn than both of them. I think their act needs to split up. They've been doing it in ROH for over two years now and it feels way too TNA, so I'd like to see them split up. Plus, I think people have a fondness for Daniels that they don't have for Kaz.
ndp

Post by ndp »

My fondness for Daniels and Kazarian isn't equal either. Kazarian usually works hard and is fine, but there's just something about him that sometimes leaves me cold. I'm not sure what it is.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Could it be that they will set it by say having the Cabinet attacked them like they did at recent TV tapings, leaving us with a trios match or tag match between the Cabinet and MCMG/White at Final Battle.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

ndp wrote:My fondness for Daniels and Kazarian isn't equal either. Kazarian usually works hard and is fine, but there's just something about him that sometimes leaves me cold. I'm not sure what it is.
I feel the same way. He just doesn't click. Which is why I think it would be best to have him blame Daniels for their losses and turn on Daniels (and I wouldn't even object to Daniels beating Kaz in a Loser Leaves Town match).
Vanilla Gorilla

Post by Vanilla Gorilla »

Cabinet has new outfits. Caprice going with a black militant/black panther sort of look
Brada

Post by Brada »

Vanilla Gorilla wrote:Cabinet has new outfits. Caprice going with a black militant/black panther sort of look
I took my 8 year old, we were on the end front row by the entrance...my kid and Caprice were going at it all night...good stuff.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

BurningHammer wrote:Could it be that they will set it by say having the Cabinet attacked them like they did at recent TV tapings, leaving us with a trios match or tag match between the Cabinet and MCMG/White at Final Battle.
Based on results from tonight, I'm guessing Cabinet vs. MCMG/Dijak. Plus White's in the finals for the Six Man Titles, otherwise yeah I'd agree with you.
Vanilla Gorilla

Post by Vanilla Gorilla »

Brada wrote:
Vanilla Gorilla wrote:Cabinet has new outfits. Caprice going with a black militant/black panther sort of look
I took my 8 year old, we were on the end front row by the entrance...my kid and Caprice were going at it all night...good stuff.
ha! your kid was killing it all night.

He the one Kenny King told he would whoop his old man just like he was doing to Fish?