Road To "Final Battle 2016" TV Tapings Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DXvsNWO1994

Road To "Final Battle 2016" TV Tapings Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Sorry for posting this thread a little late, but if you're looking to discuss the spoilers from the TV Tapings tonight in Baltimore, Maryland, you can do so here.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Road To "Final Battle 2016" TV Tapings Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

@kebzach 3h3 hours ago
Silas Young vs Jushin Thunder Liger at #ROH Final Battle. Silas just cut a monster promo on Fake Liger for #WatchROH.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the finals for the trios tittle are: the kingdom vs kushida,ach and jay white

lio rush and jon gresham killing again,this time for tv.

corino vs whitmer is still going on.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

monster mafia wrote:the finals for the trios tittle are: the kingdom vs kushida,ach and jay white

lio rush and jon gresham killing again,this time for tv.

corino vs whitmer is still going on.
From what I read War Machine are now involved in the Corino and Whitmer deal. Awesome!
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

I live tweeted the entire show, but here we go as far as results. The tapings might be a little messy as far as when shows begin and end, especially with the WOH throughout.

Dark Match: Leon St. Giovanni & Shaheem Ali d.Tim Hughes & Bob Evans

1. Team CMLL d. The Addiction & Kamaitachi after miscommunication between Kamaitachi and Daniels over a blind tag. Daniels, after some heated words between him and Tachi, offered a free punch to Kamai. He mulled over it a while and then spat at Daniels feet and left.

Between matches, Caprice Coleman, Kenny King, and Rhett Titus came out without the Cabinet music and attires. They cut a promo on being looked at like jokes, and how they're done with the jokes, and that they're not alone.

2. Keith Lee & Shane Taylor d. Colt Cabana & Dalton Castle. More miscommunication left Cabana to eat a powerbomb and splash combo.

3.Bobby Fish d. 'Hangman' Adam Page by submission. Page attacked during Bobby's entrance and threw him into the barricade several times, was going to use a chair on Fish but he slid into the ring to start the match. KOR came out to support Fish, who got beaten down pretty much the entire match, Page working over the ribs heavily. He won when he countered out of the Rites of Passage into the kneebar to get the tap. Cole came out to confront Kyle, and it looked like a fight, but then Jay Lethal showed up and Cole decided to retreat.

I'm assuming Episode 1 ends here.

WOH Match 1. Deonna Purrazzo d. Candice LaRae with a Fujiwara Armbar.

4. Kyle O'Reilly d. Silas Young with a brainbuster. Adam Cole came down and did some commentary during the match, but left after Kyle's victory.

After the match, Silas was interviewed by Kevin Kelly in front of Ultra Liger, and ran him down as being just a 'boy' in a costume, and how he was no better than his 'coward' of a hero, who for 30 years has been too chicken to show his face. Looks like we're getting Liger for Final Battle.

5. Dalton Castle & Colt Cabana d. Preston Quinn & Ken Dixon - Squash, Castle wins with the German Suplex.

After the match, Dalton talks about the team going on the rise, and that they may have been knocked down, but they'll get back up again. Colt takes the mic and says he came back to be Champion, and that when he saw Dalton, he saw Colt Cabana 10 years ago, and with how much the fans loved him, that he would try and mentor him. But, since Dalton's done things to bring the team down to the bottom again, he felt it best to amiably split the team. Colt offers a handshake, Castle wants a big hug...

And in the middle of the hug, Colt knees Castle right in the gut. He tosses out one of the Boys and slams another onto Dalton, before taking one of his peacock feathers and stabbing Castle in the face with it repeatedly, drawing a little blood before he relents and leaves.

WOH Match 2. Kannadi Brink & Veda Scott d. Faye Jackson & Sumie Sakai w/ Solo Darling. Brink made Jackson tap out to what looked like, from my angle, to be an Anaconda Vice. I could be wrong though.

6. Lio Rush d. Jonathan Gresham after a top rope elbow drop. Amazing match in person, the crowd was REALLY into it. Alex Shelley came down to do commentary throughout.

After the match, Chris Sabin joins Shelley and they put over Rush and Gresham as the future of the company. But, before things can get too happy, an air raid siren goes off through the arena and men with their faces obscured by scarves run down and surround the ring. They manage to pull Gresham out and beat him down on the floor while more storm into the ring to assault the Guns and Rush. Turns out to be King, Titus, and Coleman as 3 of the masked men, in a military warlord sort of look.

7. The Briscoes d. The Addiction with a Jay Driller/Froggy Bow combo on Daniels. Unbelievable match, which included one of my favorite spots as Kazarian caught the Doomsday Device and turned it into a One-Man Spanish Fly. Code of Honor adhered to after the match.

I'm guessing this is where Episode 2 ends.

WOH Match 3. Mandy Leon d. Jessica Havok via roll-up. Havok was going to use a chair on Leon, Deonna Purrazzo comes down to take it out of her hands and Leon gets the roll-up out of that. Havok ends up chokeslamming both after the match anyway.

8. The Kingdom d. Team CMLL via Triple Powerbomb on Hechicero. Team CMLL was really over too, glad that the working agreement is starting to get over. The Kingdom vs. ACH, KUSHIDA, & Jay White at Final Battle for the 6-Man Tag Titles.

WOH Match 4. Kelly Klein d. ODB via choke-out.

9. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu d. Cheeseburger & Will Ferrara w/ Joey Daddiego via Superkick/Package Piledriver combo.

After the match, Prince Nana brings out Donovan Dijak, ordering him and berating him to end Ferrera, so he pulls a Deucalion and hits him with 2 Chokebreakers. Daddiego confronts Dijak, saying that they're not just his training partners, they're his family, which leads to...

10. Donovan Dijak d. Joey Daddiego with Feast Your Eyes. Nana was ecstatic after the match, but Dijak seemed resigned as he was leaving.

11. War Machine vs. BJ Whitmer & Punishment Martinez w/ Kevin Sullivan was thrown out after both Raymond Rowe and BJ Whitmer shoved away Paul Turner while they were brawling. Wild, hossy brawl. After the match, Ray goes through a table. Sullivan spares Hanson and speaks to him as if he 'shares an existence' with Corino, and called him out. Corino out, as Nigel had been doing commentary.

Sullivan tries to tempt Corino and his two leave. Steve stares down Hanson and they part as well, with Corino going over and saying some words to Kevin Kelly before he leaves.

12. Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Lio Rush, & Jay White d. The Briscoes, Jay Lethal, & Silas Young. White pins Mark with a Crossed Leg Piledriver. The former Cabinet was out during this match, watching things before leaving well before the match did.

... it was a really long night. Final Battle's looking good.

Cole v. O'Reilly
Young Bucks v. Briscoes
Fish v. Lee
Castle v. Cabana
Young v. Liger
The Kingdom v. ACH/KUSHIDA/White

Plus Cody R doing... whatever he's going to be doing.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think for the first time in a long time it seems like ROH has completely messed up the build to a PPV especially what is meant to be their biggest of the year. Overall I can't say I like anything coming out these tapings and just sounds like a complete cluster fuck of booking.

Also with the "Cabinet' seemingly going towards a Nation of Domination, Militant type group it could be incredibly divisive and not in a good way, especially with the current climate in America. It may end up being a very powerful and strong course of booking but if they are going to do this right it's going to have to get very edgy, I imagine past what the Rottweilers did and to the point where it could bring a lot of heat on ROH.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

ROH said on Twitter they filmed 5 weeks worth of TV. I'm guessing this will all lead up to Final Battle, which on that weekend will probably have the women's matches.

Assuming they will have the show edited before next week, that should give us no downtime (pointless episodes) with all new OC being used every week.

Quite possible the weekend after Final Battle could have filler content, because they're left with less than a week to edit the episodes. I'm pretty sure they've done it before, and their editors are really good at what they do, but I don't think they've done it lately. But fingers crossed.

Also, Larry Legend was at the show. It's quite possible he was only visiting, but Ian Riccaboni posted on Twitter (and I'm taking out the Twitter handles and using real names instead) "Super pumped for Larry Legend's return to ROH!" So who knows, I hope he is back though. He's awesome.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so gresham can have a spot in final battle? i hope so

now war machine in the corino/ whitmer thing...is forever

cant talk if the build is good or bad until i see the tv episodes

final battle card looks good so far..cabana heel and liger....2 unexpected things

so cody rhodes vs dijak or lethal ??
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote:so gresham can have a spot in final battle? i hope so

final battle card looks good so far..cabana heel and liger....2 unexpected things

Come off it Maff, that's exactly what you can do with all the result and reports. In the go home episodes leading up to Final Battle the only interaction Cole and O'Reilly have is Cole doing commentary and walking away, that's it. There is nothing else after that in any episodes if they are recorded in numerical order judging by everything single report going. Even Cole vs Silas had a big confrontation in the episode before going into Florida. It's terrible week booking and the only thing I can think of would be save it for Cole and O'Reilly's match would be to do a special episode on the whole feud the week before or leading up to it.

Also we are likely seeing the break up of War Machine, not only that but ROH has now just broke up of what could have been a real well placed babyface tag team, especially after they were just building momentum and finding some real chemistry, especially if you look at the Champions vs All Stars match and for what Cabana to go heel which is something i doubt anyone has any interest in seeing. Let's face Cabana going serious isn't his most natural let a lone full blown heel. It's just mind blowingly bizare especially when there was no receipt for Castle at all on any other episode, the same could be said The MCMG, Gresham and Rush, their just going to be attacked and left lying and then next we see their having a tag match against a load of other faces for no reason what so ever.

Like I say it's a complete mess of booking and has completely dulled my interest in seeing Final Battle and that's the first time in a long while i'll probably not bother tuning into a PPV.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Actually, from various forums, reddit, etc, Cabana turning heel seems to be the most interesting aspect of all from the taping.

He hasn't been a heel in 13 years! He's one of the most white meat babyfaces going. Him turning heel is totally out of the blue and has potential to be very different. Not once has he played up his issues with ROH, this is an opportunity for him to turn into the bitter heel he was perceived as by the ROH fanbase during his absence.

As for Dijak vs. Rhodes, I doubt it and I hope that's not where their going. Lethal vs. Rhodes = $$$, Dijak vs. Rhodes = ???. Rhodes is coming in off the back of his TNA run, him facing the face of the promotion is the right way to go, not a guy their building up. Dijak will have zero chance of beating Rhodes whereas Cody woauld probably see the sense in taking a loss to a guy like Lethal who has victories over the likes of Styles, Naito and ADR in the last two years - no shame in losing to Lethal, no sense in beating Dijak.

As for the Final Battle card...

Cole vs. O'Reilly - a year worth of build, as a stand alone match it has the potential to be ****+ so long as its given the time. It's a fitting main event and showcase two stars ROH built, not WWE or another promotion, but Ring of Honor true-and-true which is great for the promotion.

Fish vs. Dragon Lee - if anyone wasn't impressed by Dragon Lee, then their nuts. He's one of the most interesting stars in the world right now and it's great to see him on this show, he'll bring a new dynamic to the show and hopefully he meshes well with Fish and they can have a great match. This isn't about "build", it's about two guys having a great match and ROH showcasing their international partner.

Briscoes vs. Young Bucks - when have these two not had a great match? If The Bucks are going to be finishing up with ROH - and that's not definite mind you, ROH like any promotion will gain funding at the start of the annual year, so if they can pay them more I'm sure The Bucks will stay as they seem to get off on not needing the WWE - but if they are on their swan song, do you think they won't have a great match here? Their going to try and do what they do, which is steal the show. Another potential ****+ match.

Castle vs. Cabana - Cabana has the chance here to completely reinvent himself. He's also up against one of the biggest fan favorites in ROH. This is a great chance to build Castle, cement a new Colt Cabana on his first heel run in 13 years and begin a feud which has the potential to be a blood feud if done right. I don't see it being a phenomenal match but I do see it leading to bigger and better things for both, either with or without one another.

Silas vs. Liger - Liger will sell tickets. He's a legend and every show he features on people will go because it could always be his last. He loves US audiences and hes said numerous times he loves New York. Silas needs the win here to cement himself as a true upper midcard guy which appears to be the goal. Whether the match is great or not, it's JUSHIN "THUNDER" FUCKING LIGER! Him featuring in and of itself is *** without even wrestling!

Cody Rhodes vs. ??? - we know he'll be with ROH until at least May. As I said above, for me he needs to face Lethal. Lethal has nothing of substance going into the show. I hope with all my might that him running Cole off wasn't to interject him into the main event as reported, but I feel like if anyone deserves Rhodes it's Jay. He can go over him, make himself an even bigger star - he's one of the few with star presence ROH actually has - it won't effect Rhodes in the slightest and Cody will help sell tickets because mainstream WWE fans will want to see him. If he faces anyone else here I don't see it reaching its full potential.

The Kingdom vs. White/KUSHIDA/ACH - It'll be a spotfest but hey, so long as it gets the crowd going what's the harm? I see The Kingdom winning it and it opening the show. Show starts with the crowing of new champions and a spot fest to get the show off to an entertaining start.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

BurningHammer wrote:

Come off it Maff, that's exactly what you can do with all the result and reports. In the go home episodes leading up to Final Battle the only interaction Cole and O'Reilly have is Cole doing commentary and walking away, that's it. There is nothing else after that in any episodes if they are recorded in numerical order judging by everything single report going. Even Cole vs Silas had a big confrontation in the episode before going into Florida. It's terrible week booking and the only thing I can think of would be save it for Cole and O'Reilly's match would be to do a special episode on the whole feud the week before or leading up to it.

Also we are likely seeing the break up of War Machine, not only that but ROH has now just broke up of what could have been a real well placed babyface tag team, especially after they were just building momentum and finding some real chemistry, especially if you look at the Champions vs All Stars match and for what Cabana to go heel which is something i doubt anyone has any interest in seeing. Let's face Cabana going serious isn't his most natural let a lone full blown heel. It's just mind blowingly bizare especially when there was no receipt for Castle at all on any other episode, the same could be said The MCMG, Gresham and Rush, their just going to be attacked and left lying and then next we see their having a tag match against a load of other faces for no reason what so ever.

Like I say it's a complete mess of booking and has completely dulled my interest in seeing Final Battle and that's the first time in a long while i'll probably not bother tuning into a PPV.

like i said before, im not gonna judge anything until i see it,they can do promo videos or something to hype the match..anyway cole vs kyle is a a feud of 3 years in roh so...we know the history

nobody knows if war machine are split ut...they have a no rules match with lee & taylor coming soon,is just speculation
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

God, I don't want to see any of those shows.
Cole v. O'Reilly
Young Bucks v. Briscoes
Fish v. Lee
Castle v. Cabana
Young v. Liger
The top matches for Final Battle should be pretty good, but there's shaping up to be a lot of undercard fluff when making a rough note of how many talent are not yet booked though their appearances should be expected, like Lethal, Page, War Machine, Lee & Taylor, Rush, Dijak, Motor City, and others. Hey, who wants another 4CS opener on PPV?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I like the idea of Joey Daddiego - Little Guy Helper
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:

like i said before, im not gonna judge anything until i see it,they can do promo videos or something to hype the match..anyway cole vs kyle is a a feud of 3 years in roh so...we know the history

nobody knows if war machine are split ut...they have a no rules match with lee & taylor coming soon,is just speculation
That's my point it's three years of it and the final part leading to the big ending is Cole walking away from commentary, it screams to me they have backed away completely from feud and it wouldn't surprise me to see Cole retain or Lethal randomly introduced now, I can't see O'Reilly wining now that's for sure.

The episode will be for after that match so I think we will probably see them break up during Final Battle or maybe during SOTF. Sadly overall it looks like 2017 isn't shaping up to me much with what Final Battle looks like and where they're heading guys, which is a shame as ROH has looked on course to be good again but these shows have completely blown that up.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Wilson wrote:God, I don't want to see any of those shows.
Cole v. O'Reilly
Young Bucks v. Briscoes
Fish v. Lee
Castle v. Cabana
Young v. Liger
The top matches for Final Battle should be pretty good, but there's shaping up to be a lot of undercard fluff when making a rough note of how many talent are not yet booked though their appearances should be expected, like Lethal, Page, War Machine, Lee & Taylor, Rush, Dijak, Motor City, and others. Hey, who wants another 4CS opener on PPV?
It's poor overall and could have been so much better if they had just waited on so much ofthe shit that they introduced over the tapings, We've had better cards throught out the year.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

I almost got excited whenever someone told me that team cmll was in the finals. Final battle is looking okay. I hope roh can get ultimo Guerrero supercard of honor.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

they can do things in the uk prior final battle...is not that bad but,i respect your opinion

cant see war machine breaking up ,idk what you said that,they just broke up addiction with kamaitachi and cabana with castle.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

christopherclinton55 wrote:I almost got excited whenever someone told me that team cmll was in the finals. Final battle is looking okay. I hope roh can get ultimo Guerrero supercard of honor.
cmll is gonna be good with dragon lee in final battle,i think is right they give their people (kingdom) the right to be at the ppv instead of the cmll stars

i hope we can see rush and volador junior next year...i think roh loves cmll guys fron now on
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Cabana going heel could be interesting, he does nothing for me as a face so at least he can do something different now, he was doing it since his return but now he can go 100% with it.

Final Battle card is like a lot of ROH cards, great matches on paper poorly build, i look foward to most of it but can´t say they did a good job building to the PPV. If they matches end up being good i don´t mind that but can see why others would do.

I don´t like Kingdom getting a PPV slot over Adam Page, Lio Rush, War Machine or Lee & Taylor some of them are not going to be on the show and that is a total shame and unfair.

So glad that Silas is getting a big match on the show because he is the most underrated wrestler on the roster and has proven people wrong since the Shibata match.

Hope Dragon Lee wins the title there, ROH should be pushing him hard because he is not going to be around for a long time.

I hope we get Dijak vs Rhodes with Dijak getting the win, i didn´t like Rhodes on the indies thus far and they shouldnt waste Lethal on him, include Rhodes on the whole Corino/Whitmer thing if you want and do Dijak vs Lethal.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

monster mafia wrote:
christopherclinton55 wrote:I almost got excited whenever someone told me that team cmll was in the finals. Final battle is looking okay. I hope roh can get ultimo Guerrero supercard of honor.
cmll is gonna be good with dragon lee in final battle,i think is right they give their people (kingdom) the right to be at the ppv instead of the cmll stars

i hope we can see rush and volador junior next year...i think roh loves cmll guys fron now on
I am kind of wishing for a special challenge match at final battle I know that it 90% chance it will not happen but I would prefer to see Ultimo Guerrero vs Lethal than Cody Rhodes vs Lethal