Official Death Before Dishonor XIV TV Tapings Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
monster mafia

Re: Official Death Before Dishonor XIV TV Tapings Thread

Post by monster mafia »

they need to make taylor and lee vs war machine in the ppv
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Of course there is no follow-up for Page and no program for Jay Briscoe.

Cole vs. Elgin, Addiction vs. Young Bucks vs. Motor City, and Naito vs. Lethal are all very good on paper. If ROH had the same momentum as it did in 2014, I would be keenly anticipating ASE. At least we finally have a real inter-promotional feud for PPV.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

The inter-promotional thing some people here wanted for so long does nothing for me, Lethal vs Naito will be great but i don´t foward to it more or less because of that.

I agree with Page follow up, they had more Bullet Club member there, no reason or excuse why they didn´t do Cole & Yujiro vs Elgin & Tanahashi for example.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

187_Joeism wrote:The inter-promotional thing some people here wanted for so long does nothing for me, Lethal vs Naito will be great but i don´t foward to it more or less because of that.

I agree with Page follow up, they had more Bullet Club member there, no reason or excuse why they didn´t do Cole & Yujiro vs Elgin & Tanahashi for example.
Totally agree about everything. I don't get why people are all excited for the idea of an "interpromotional feud." It's not like there is bad blood between ROH and New Japan. They are very public partners. It's not like this is WWE vs. WCW or CMLL vs. AAA or even ROH vs. CZW. There is no "feud" here. It's just interpromotional matches. It's the same reason I'm not excited for the WWN vs. Progress card at WrestleMania weekend. I'd rather they just used Progress guys on the EVOLVE show.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

It's not about a prosaic general NJPW vs. ROH feud, we already see those every May. It's about New Japan wrestlers having good stories and feuds with ROH wrestlers. Hopefully Naito and Lethal is the start of a trend.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

If that helps people to stop complaining then yeah do it, it just do nothing for me but if it does for others then great.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Hopefully face Lethal is a countdown to him leaving and going to Evolve and NXT
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Lethal is the most important member of the roster right now with Jay Briscoe & Adam Cole, i hope they keep him strong so a win over him means something and not job him to everyone now.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Hopefully lethal stays in roh.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

WHERE THE FUCK IS GRESHAM
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

BlackLesnar wrote:WHERE THE FUCK IS GRESHAM
signed for Pittsburgh and Lockport
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

It's something.

Thanks dude.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So here's what the card for All-Star Extravaganza VIII is looking like so far (according to the report from the TV Tapings in The Wrestling Observer):

- ROH World Title - Adam Cole vs. Michael Elgin
- ROH World Tag Team Titles - The Addiction defending in a Ladder Match (not made clear if it was against one team or multiple. I would guess the latter).
- Jay Lethal vs. Tetsuya Naito
- Fight Without Honor - War Machine vs. Keith Lee & Shane Taylor

While this wasn't said, I would guess we'd get Bobby Fish vs. Donovan Dijak for the ROH World TV Title here (since the PPV is in New England, aka Dijak's neck of the woods), so that would be five. Dragon Lee will be there from CMLL, so whatever match he's involved in would make six.

Thoughts on the card, as it looks currently?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I imagine they will do Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi considering the history and the availability to do it.

I like the card, all of it makes sense or at least will have a build and if all the matches deliver then I'm sure many will like it. My only concern would be the FWH and the Ladder Match as they could really over deliver and burn out the crowd or really under and throw the crowd out of it. Personally I would just have War Machine vs KL and ST in an normal match as I think it would add more importance to have there FWH match on another PPV card.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I hope War Machine vs Keith Lee & Shane Taylor is not a FWH, is a minor complain because the match is going to be great no matter what but i hope they do the exact same match but with other name and do the FWH later if they want to.

The card looks promising, i think they will add Kamaitachi vs Dragon Lee too, Adam Page vs Kyle is likely, i don´t know the plan with Jay White, maybe a rematch from the TV Tapings? Jay White & Lio Rush vs Briscoes would be another good match for this PPV.

I also wish they give Silas something to do, maybe him vs EVIL? He had Shibata and then Toru Yano, they can do a gimmick of hating the NJ guys if they want with him.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I imagine they could also carry on with Adam Page and Briscoe as I don't think they are done there, plus I think you are right about Silas I can see them going through the route.

They could do Kyle vs Lee but they will have an other opponent set for Kyle.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

if they wanna do that fwh,do it at final battle..anyway that match can be awesome

the card looks good...i have the feeling that elgin vs cole could be a moty candidate
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

They're probably going to do Kyle vs Cole in some kind of gimmick match there already. I don't really mind having the FWH and the ladder match on the same card here, as the ladder match is probably not going to be an intense hardcore match or anything, but just a spotfest
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

To be fair, with regards to War Machine vs. Keith Lee & Shane Taylor, Meltzer said "Fight Without Honor", but we won't know until it's announced. Could be just a Street Fight or a No DQ Match (they're all basically the same thing, but still....).
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:To be fair, with regards to War Machine vs. Keith Lee & Shane Taylor, Meltzer said "Fight Without Honor", but we won't know until it's announced. Could be just a Street Fight or a No DQ Match (they're all basically the same thing, but still....).
AS others have mentioned, it shouldn't be a FWH as of yet, they only had a couple of matches thus far, it's not nearly enough personal to warrant one of the big feud enders.
I also do not really like the idea of doing a ladder war in such a relatively weakly booked multi team feud, it should be reserved for the big feuds.
Maybe War Machine vs Lee & Taylor could be a Street Fight and the three way a lucha rules match.
Other than these minor complaints, looks like a promising card, I really like how the new guys (RUSH, White, Kamaitachi, Dijak, Lee & Taylor) have been organically included into the ROH landscape. They definitely have made ROH feel fresh again.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer