Official Aftershock Tour 2016 TV Tapings Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
TYFDK

Re: Official Aftershock Tour 2016 TV Tapings Thread

Post by TYFDK »

Burnside wrote:Am I correct that three matches advertised for this show didn't happen?

Three-way tag title match - half-ass explanation provided by Daniels (presumably Sabin is hurt so okay)
Briscoes vs Young/Bruiser - no explanation given, seems like Young & Bruiser weren't even there
Castle vs Page - no explanation given; both guys were there and wrestled other matches
I think Shelley's still injured since the last TV taping, too.

And I don't know if you saw the news post from PWInsider about Young/Bruiser:
Beer City Bruiser and Silas Young missed last night's ROH TV Taping in Philadelphia. The two were at the airport in Milwaukee from 5 AM - 2 PM as their 7 AM flight to Philly never took off. ROH officials told the pair to head home at 2 PM as the feeling was they had gone above the call of duty by being at the airport all day waiting to fly and since the flight issues were the airline's fault, there is obviously no heat on the pair. The plan is to get back to the planned Briscoes vs. Young & Bruiser bout down the line.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

BCB/Young had flight issues apparently and couldn't make it.

I can't help but feel like this taping is quite light and..."empty" for lack of a better word. Tag scene feels like New Japan's Jr. tag division with a bunch of interchangeable teams having matches with little to no storyline and thus no real reason to care.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

So if these all air in order and with no bullshit "special" episode of ROH TV, the third episode of these tapings (Kamaitachi/Stuka Jr., 4CS, Briscoe/White) should be airing the week of the PPV. Which isn't bad as they're quite inconsequential, really. Just 3 matches, one of them introducing a new guy during a nothing match, a special attraction match, and what sounds like, despite the finish, a pretty badass main event. Hopefully they let this air when it's supposed to and don't push it back a week.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Burnside wrote:Am I correct that three matches advertised for this show didn't happen?

Three-way tag title match - half-ass explanation provided by Daniels (presumably Sabin is hurt so okay)
Briscoes vs Young/Bruiser - no explanation given, seems like Young & Bruiser weren't even there
Castle vs Page - no explanation given; both guys were there and wrestled other matches
I imagine a lot of those answers will come through vignettes etc through the actual TV episode. Also didn't Page come out and cut a promo saying he wanted Jay Briscoe?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

TYFDK wrote:So if these all air in order and with no bullshit "special" episode of ROH TV, the third episode of these tapings (Kamaitachi/Stuka Jr., 4CS, Briscoe/White) should be airing the week of the PPV. Which isn't bad as they're quite inconsequential, really. Just 3 matches, one of them introducing a new guy during a nothing match, a special attraction match, and what sounds like, despite the finish, a pretty badass main event. Hopefully they let this air when it's supposed to and don't push it back a week.
What day does the ROH TV actually air, living England means I have to see it through the website so I get it a lot later, I was just wondering if they will hold off the third taping until the weekend or maybe do a special for Cole vs Lethal that week and leave the next two to build up the next PPV and to tie in the next set of TV tapings. I'm just wondering if they see it as it being better to have the contract signing as the final build episode.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

It actually airs at different times here on weekends. Like with me, it airs at 4PM on Saturday afternoons on one channel, then on another at 11PM, then midnight Sunday night on the same channel as the first airing.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

They may well still go with those times but I can see them airing a Cole/Lethal special to hype the match and keep the other two remaining episodes for the weeks after and that will hopefully then build into the TV tapings that will be taped in LV but it's still going to be strange having new TV with all the Japanese talent there unless we will get swerved and the TV tapings or PPV and talent that supposedly shouldn't be there actually is.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

despite the bcb and silas issues i read that they re booked the show...and for the spoilers..everything for me looks very good