Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
User avatar
187_Joeism
Posts: 4914
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:26 am
Location: Canary Islands, Spain

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by 187_Joeism » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:44 am

I don't see nothing smart on that, you did that already and the right guy won. No need to do it again so the same guy can win again, do something new.

This is the senseless shit for me same way the other stuff i don't have a problem with is the senseless shit to you i guess.
Image

BurningHammer
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by BurningHammer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:05 am

WHG wrote:So by Kyle beating Cole in Dallas, one is left with the impression that it's over between them and Cole accepted defeat. Kyle finally gets his 1 on 1 shot, and that naturally pulls Cole (who vowed that Kyle will never be champion and by character wouldn't just go away after losing) back into it. This is one of the very few signs of smart, long term booking we've seen in the past 12 mos.

I get the losing interest thing as I'm in it right now, I'm just dumbfounded this is what did it for you after all the stupid, senseless shit we've seen and your opinion of it.
Got to agree.

I have been patient with ROH for a lot of this year but this last month from house shows, some of the PPV and these TV tapings have now caught my interest really quite heavily and I can actually see the progress of story lines, characters and a general solid base to start from.

Just to say they booked the match to get to this point, but I do think they would have gone with Cabana had he been available and that's been the biggest mistake from ROH in a long time in that they didn't make sure he was.

User avatar
187_Joeism
Posts: 4914
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:26 am
Location: Canary Islands, Spain

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by 187_Joeism » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:11 am

I'm glad you guys are being positive with something, it's nice to see!

I just think this is the same thing they did after BITW'15, lazy booking if you ask me.
Image

BurningHammer
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by BurningHammer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:20 am

187_Joeism wrote:I'm glad you guys are being positive with something, it's nice to see!

I just think this is the same thing they did after BITW'15, lazy booking if you ask me.
I don't know about lazy, but I would actually just see it at coherent and in keeping with the characters used, plus I think it actually provides or should a greater emotional response from Lethal which in turn should gain better reaction from the fans when it comes to him and Cole squaring off.

The booking I find lazy and generally annoying is the Addiction winning by the ref being blind constantly or the lights going out and someone is there suddenly, that too me is lazy and makes me be like why every single F'ing time.

monster mafia
Posts: 2193
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:13 am

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by monster mafia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:44 am

so cole wins the strap at Death Before Dishonor XIV? in final battle cole vs kyle: Fight Without Honor or ladder war??

so..moose is gone or nah?

Mr. Mojo Risin
Posts: 1800
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:37 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:24 am

Strong putting over Castle was good to see. I've noticed some improvement in Castle's in ring work for a few months now. Working with guys like Fish, Strong, and even a veteran like Gedo seem to be paying dividends for him. He already had the character aspect nailed, I would like to see his in ring work continue to improve like it has.

BurningHammer
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by BurningHammer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:10 am

monster mafia wrote:so cole wins the strap at Death Before Dishonor XIV? in final battle cole vs kyle: Fight Without Honor or ladder war??

so..moose is gone or nah?
I think overall that's up to Cole, if he is leaving after Final Battle then it would obviously be best to do it as soon as possible, but if ROH and Cole can come to another agreement for another year or even a six month extension then maybe leave the match until Final Battle and have Kyle win at Best In the Wold/SuperCard Of Honor.

Although considering there is no PPV/iPPV in July announced so far and only a TV taping I guess any blow off to the what just happened will be on that TV taping and then I imagine (if they are giving the title to Cole) there will be an announcement of a title shot for Cole at DBD if that happens the TV taping afterwards could well be the best we have seen in a long long time.

Looking at how ROH has scheduled there events from now on it seems they are finally trying to sort out how TV builds to PPV's as they are giving themselves room in July. I do also wonder if they will do TV tapings next year for when/if NJPW come over as the TV taping's during these events do seem to throw ROH totally out of wack and they are always having to recover.

With Moose he is at least in ROH until the end of July and obviously with everything else that has happened he may well stay on but I imagine that will depend how many promotions feel about his professionalism recently. He certainly isn't going to be anywhere near the top if is he staying for a long time as I imagine there will lots of people pretty pissed.

monster mafia
Posts: 2193
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:13 am

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by monster mafia » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:35 am

yeah..i think moose is "paying the consequences " this weekend

he jobs a lot.

BurningHammer
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by BurningHammer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:50 am

monster mafia wrote:yeah..i think moose is "paying the consequences " this weekend

he jobs a lot.
Yep and rightfully for so, and I hope everyone in that locker room learns from it and also see's how Strong has handled himself, as depending on what you believe a lot of stuff has happened but he has handled it well. What does worry me is that Moose felt he could get away with it, hopefully that will change now foe everyone.

dhads7161
Posts: 1187
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 pm
Location: Southeast Missouri

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by dhads7161 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Cool...P. Dog Will be on TV soon!

TYFDK
Posts: 3059
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by TYFDK » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:36 pm

Here's a more detailed results list from WrestlingInc. Bolding stuff that wasn't noted in monster mafia's post on the last page:



Hour 1:
* Internet Match: Amber Gallows defeated a local woman wrestler.

* Donovan Dijak (w/ Nana) defeated Jason Kincaid with FYE. Kincaid was super over.

* Fish Tank with ACH and Mark Briscoe, leads into their match. Briscoe gets the victory.

* Addiction defeated Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser

Hour 2:

* Kevin Kelly interviews Kyle O'Reilly before his World Title Match "next week". It's implied the match will take the whole 3rd hour.

* Jay White vs Kamaitachi (w/ Christopher Daniels). Turns into a 6 man tag with MCMG and Addiction after Kaz comes out. White pins Daniels for the win.

* BJ Whitmer and Kevin Sullivan shoot a promo on Corino, saying Whitmer and Corino were supposed to carry on the legacy of evil Sullivan started.

* Dalton Castle (w/ The Boys) vs Roddy Strong. Castle wins with bangarang. After the match, Strong gets the mic and emotionally thanks the crowd for over a decade of support. Crowd gives the proverbial "thank you Roddy" chants.

Hour 3

* Jay Lethal vs Kyle O'Reilly. Bullet Club comes out and tears apart O'Reilly before the match starts, banging his shoulder with steel chairs.

* Shane Taylor and Keith Lee defeat local wrestlers. War Machine came out to beat up the winners.

* Cheeseburger, Ferrara & Moose vs The Cabinet (Caprice Coleman and ANX) was originally Burger vs. Ferrara, but the Cabinet comes down and challenged them to a match and won.

* Jay Lethal defeated O'Reilly after O'Reilly refuses to give up his shot. After the match, Bullet Club Strikes again on O'Reilly

Hour 4

* Internet Match: Mandy Leon defeated Taeler Hendrix

* Jay Lethal comes out, makes the main even of Young Bucks vs Briscoes a tag match, with he and Adam Cole joining.

* War Machine defeated Brutal Bob and his buddy. Taylor and Lee come back out to brawl, but War Machine fights them off.

* Moose defeated P Dog

* Dijak and Nana challenge Moose to a match. Dijak wins with Feast Your Eyes

* Jay Lethal and Briscoes defeated Adam Cole and Young Bucks. After match, Cole & Young bucks whip up one Lethal. They then proceed to cut Lethal's dreads off and shave his head after a 3 way superkick.

Big Red Machine
Posts: 2906
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by Big Red Machine » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:04 pm

dhads7161 wrote:Cool...P. Dog Will be on TV soon!
I hope you're being sarcastic.

Mr. Mojo Risin
Posts: 1800
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:37 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:07 pm

Roderick Strong leaves and we are cursed with more P. Dogg. Ugh.

TYFDK
Posts: 3059
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by TYFDK » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:10 pm

Roderick Strong leaves and we are blessed with more P. Dogg. Yay.

BurningHammer
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by BurningHammer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:06 pm

I like most of what seems to have come out from the TV tapings, White getting the win of Daniels is pretty big for him and hopefully it got the crowd up as well.

One thing that I have seen from a couple of videos from the Bucks and Cole attacking Lethal is there were actual boos and a few women in the crowd cried "no" which was great to hear.

Hopefully P.Dogg was and will be used as cannon fodder.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

dhads7161
Posts: 1187
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 pm
Location: Southeast Missouri

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by dhads7161 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:20 am

Big Red Machine wrote:
dhads7161 wrote:Cool...P. Dog Will be on TV soon!
I hope you're being sarcastic.
Sort of...

ilnoca
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:56 pm

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by ilnoca » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:49 am

BurningHammer wrote:One thing that I have seen from a couple of videos from the Bucks and Cole attacking Lethal is there was actual boos and a few women in the crowd cried "no" which was great to hear.
On top of this, after the head-shaving half the crowd started chanting "That was too sweet" and the other half responded with "No it wasn't." Finally the Bullet Club is being treated like a heel faction, and I think a feud between them and Lethal/Briscoes/ReDragon could be spectacular.

One other note about the taping: Keith Lee did a crash and burn into War Machine, and Hanson returned the favor after War Machine's match by jumping off the top rope into Lee and Taylor when they were on the floor. I think we're in for a treat with these guys.

BurningHammer
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by BurningHammer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:03 am

ilnoca wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:One thing that I have seen from a couple of videos from the Bucks and Cole attacking Lethal is there was actual boos and a few women in the crowd cried "no" which was great to hear.
On top of this, after the head-shaving half the crowd started chanting "That was too sweet" and the other half responded with "No it wasn't." Finally the Bullet Club is being treated like a heel faction, and I think a feud between them and Lethal/Briscoes/ReDragon could be spectacular.

One other note about the taping: Keith Lee did a crash and burn into War Machine, and Hanson returned the favor after War Machine's match by jumping off the top rope into Lee and Taylor when they were on the floor. I think we're in for a treat with these guys.
That is good to hear indeed, hopefully this starts actually occurring in all events, it should if done properly from now especially when you include page etc be a really interesting next few months far more than the start of this year. Even though people aren't necessarily positive about Lethal going in a babyface direction he seems to be getting enough positive crowd reaction that it should work, plus it's been done slowly and hearing how he set up the title match it sounds even better.

I wondered how they were going to push this through considering the feud hasn't really started through TV but house shows, but as long as it comes across well then it could build into a nice little feud for Taylor and Lee to bring them and give them some credibility.

User avatar
Burnside
Posts: 3030
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:01 am
Location: New York City

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by Burnside » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:24 am

I actually think this taping has a much stronger sense of direction than most of the recent shows.

- They're going with Lethal vs Cole on top, which is the best option they have

- Bullet Club are clearly heels

- Jay White and Kamaitachi inserted into a feud instead of left doing arbitrary undercard matches for months like you might expect from Delirious

- Mark Briscoe & ACH both win on PPV, wrestle each other for a TV title shot, Marks wins, Fish vs Mark Briscoe will be good. Good ABC booking resulting in a good match. 

FanSinceHDNet
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:26 am

Re: Official Best In The World 2016: Aftermath TV Tapings Th

Post by FanSinceHDNet » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:03 am

BurningHammer wrote:
ilnoca wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:One thing that I have seen from a couple of videos from the Bucks and Cole attacking Lethal is there was actual boos and a few women in the crowd cried "no" which was great to hear.
On top of this, after the head-shaving half the crowd started chanting "That was too sweet" and the other half responded with "No it wasn't." Finally the Bullet Club is being treated like a heel faction, and I think a feud between them and Lethal/Briscoes/ReDragon could be spectacular.

One other note about the taping: Keith Lee did a crash and burn into War Machine, and Hanson returned the favor after War Machine's match by jumping off the top rope into Lee and Taylor when they were on the floor. I think we're in for a treat with these guys.
That is good to hear indeed, hopefully this starts actually occurring in all events, it should if done properly from now especially when you include page etc be a really interesting next few months far more than the start of this year. Even though people aren't necessarily positive about Lethal going in a babyface direction he seems to be getting enough positive crowd reaction that it should work, plus it's been done slowly and hearing how he set up the title match it sounds even better.

I wondered how they were going to push this through considering the feud hasn't really started through TV but house shows, but as long as it comes across well then it could build into a nice little feud for Taylor and Lee to bring them and give them some credibility.
Don't know if it was Freudian or intentional but the announcers on the Road shows stressed that Lethal has been conflicted in his behavior, playing up that his competitive edge is there but he recognizes the threat of Bullet Club.

I think he could go full babyface, especially being aligned with Dragon and Briscoes.

I'm guessing Hendrix hitting Sinclair has gotten her suspended in kayfabe and that's the out to get her away from Lethal?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests