Official War Of The World '16: Night 2 (TV Tapings) Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
WHG

Re: Official War Of The World '16: Night 2 (TV Tapings) Thre

Post by WHG »

187_Joeism wrote:I hope not, that would be terrible. I hope they learn from the negative reaction and do it after the match it they are going to do it.
This is why I've lost patience with Delirious, who I've defended here for a lot of the things people have complained about. If he didn't learn from the reaction to the fuckery in the 13th Anniversary mIn event, I thought for sure he had after ASE. He won't learn.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

episode 4

dalton castle def cedric,caprince and kamaitachi Post-match Veda bitches out Cedric, sending him packing to EVOLVE. Tries to fire him. He quits

Tomohiro Ishii def will ferrara

corino promo Official him vs. Whitmer at BITW

Main Event: Young Bucks and Guerrillas Of Destiny vs. Lethal, Strong and the Briscoes.

jay pins camacho(?) Mark and Jay going for IWGP tag belts
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

There are far worse options than running Lethal/Briscoe II as the main event on this year's BITW, as long as they do indeed hold off on the expected "Cole/Bullet Club" fuckery until after the match.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So half of the card for Best In The World '16 appears to be:

- Lethal vs. Jay Briscoe (ROH World Title)
- Addiction vs. MCMG (ROH World Tag Team Titles)
- Corino vs. Whitmer (Fight Without Honor)
- ACH vs. Young

A very....interesting first four matches, to say the least.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I actually think Lethal vs. Briscoe is a fine main event for BITW. Yeah I would have preferred Cole vs. Lethal and Lethal vs. Briscoe on the NYC show but I think it's fine. Cole vs. Cabana I thin will be on the card and maybe Mark and I guess war Machine vs. Page & The Bucks.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

It's funny how you criticize everything and his contrary : when they don't pursue the storylines on the Live Events it's bad but when they do it's still bad because "nobody saw it". It is a good reason to buy the Live Event instead of complaining, and you'll see it when they recap what happened on TV...
To me, Jay Briscoe is one of the best wrestler in ROH and one of the best opponent for Lethal and YES, i totally want to see the rematch.
WHG wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:I hope not, that would be terrible. I hope they learn from the negative reaction and do it after the match it they are going to do it.
This is why I've lost patience with Delirious, who I've defended here for a lot of the things people have complained about. If he didn't learn from the reaction to the fuckery in the 13th Anniversary mIn event, I thought for sure he had after ASE. He won't learn.
I thought it was reported that the wrestlers came up with the idea of the ending in the 13th Anniversary main event ?
I even heard the wrestlers said that they know were they have to go in the matchs but they have a lot of freedom to do so. You all criticize Delirious a lot but you forget that the wrestlers can be the sources of the bad ideas you blame the booker for (and this time Gedo was there too), which is why opening a million thread about "Delirious should be fired" is dumb, especially when you know he is the one who is behind the NJPW relationship through is connexion with Tiger Hattori (ie Joe Koff interview).
monster mafia wrote:dalton castle def cedric,caprince and kamaitachi Post-match Veda bitches out Cedric, sending him packing to EVOLVE. Tries to fire him. He quits
They rarely use angles on TV to stop booking someone in the midcard and they talk even less about other wrestling promotion. I could be wrong but i see him even more as a future member of the New Kingdom with Taven now.
fm20000 wrote:this just means that the PPV is going to AGAIN end with Cole and the Bullet Club laying everyone out and we will get no concrete finish
Maybe. Or Taven finally reveals the 3 new members of his version of The Kingdom while stopping the 4 ROH members of The Bullet Club before they can interfere. The good thing is that they would be 4 vs 4.
ImageImage
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Weird that Cole didn't wrestle on this show - is he hurt?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:So half of the card for Best In The World '16 appears to be:

- Lethal vs. Jay Briscoe (ROH World Title)
- Addiction vs. MCMG (ROH World Tag Team Titles)
- Corino vs. Whitmer (Fight Without Honor)
- ACH vs. Young

A very....interesting first four matches, to say the least.
\

Don't forget:
TV Title: Bobby Fish (c) vs Dalton Castle w/ The Boys with anti-discrimination lawsuits banned
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Burnside wrote:Weird that Cole didn't wrestle on this show - is he hurt?
Maybe he had problems crossing the border like Fish?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

187_Joeism wrote:
Burnside wrote:Weird that Cole didn't wrestle on this show - is he hurt?
Maybe he had problems crossing the border like Fish?
Joeism just called Adam Cole a vicious criminal, everyone. For shame, Joeism - what has Adam Cole ever done to you?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

He ruined Cabana vs Lethal, never forget :(
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

monster mafia wrote:briscoe lethal is not bad...but is from out of nowhere.
No it's not, they have clearly built to that the last weeks with Jay visably pinning Lethal without a ref seeing it. Yes, it might not have been handled perfectly, since Jay did not bother to earn a rematch for almost a full year. But out of nowhere is simply not true. And I love the fact that the two go head to head exactly one year after the title change happened.
Of course, an interference of the BC is likely, but right now that's the direction they are taking.If it leads to a BC vs ROH Steel Cage Warfare I'll be a happy man.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I don't know if they will go with screwing over an entire match like the recent PPV, I can see someone robbing Jay of the pin for sure, maybe go with Page just distracting Jay or knocking out him for Lethal to take the pin which if it leads to a program between Jay and Adam then that's great as I think it would really help Page and could really do great things especially if they just let them go and make every match as emotional and intense as it can be.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Lethal vs. Briscoe II does not have a strong enough build to be a PPV main event. It’s also a face vs. face match of two established players. No one will get over. The match also has nothing to do with the ending of their previous big PPV cliffhanger.

It’s a dumb match to main event Best in the World.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Oh bloody hell just fucking shoot me.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

they have enough time to build the rematch..i hope they do it.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Better late than never i guess

This is weird after having Cabana losing by no contest at the last PPV but makes a lot more sense than Lethal vs Cole after losing against Kyle and Lethal and i don´t think Cabana having a title shot out of Chicago is a good idea. Only match that make more sense than this one would be Kyle vs Lethal and you guys would complain about that aswell.
Wilson wrote:Lethal vs. Briscoe II does not have a strong enough build to be a PPV main event. It’s also a face vs. face match of two established players. No one will get over. The match also has nothing to do with the ending of their previous big PPV cliffhanger.

It’s a dumb match to main event Best in the World.
Lethal is not a face right now, he is a tweener and i hope they keep him that way to be honest.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Jay has ZERO 1on1 matches in 2016, but he's getting a title shot at the next PPV because laziness and shitty booking that gave us NO CREDIBLE CHALLENGER.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I couldn't have said that better myself Thelone.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

That didn´t stop you all to complain about him not getting his rematch until the moment they announced it.