Official War Of The World '16: Night 2 (TV Tapings) Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Thelone

Re: Official War Of The World '16: Night 2 (TV Tapings) Thre

Post by Thelone »

I fucking hate automatic rematches so I certainly wasn't the one complaining for once.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

It was anticlimactic. No build at all.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I agree with that the thing comes across like out of nowhere, my thing was people complaining it didn´t happen and now complaining it happen, not only here. I mean in social media in general.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Thelone wrote:Jay has ZERO 1on1 matches in 2016, but he's getting a title shot at the next PPV because laziness and shitty booking that gave us NO CREDIBLE CHALLENGER.
KYLE JUST PINNED HIM AT THE LAST FUCKING SHOW
WHAT WAS THE POINT EVEN
AHHHHHHHHH
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

What?! That's 2 days in a row we've agreed on something.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

That was directed at you, Joeism.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

BlackLesnar wrote:KYLE JUST PINNED HIM AT THE LAST FUCKING SHOW
WHAT WAS THE POINT EVEN
AHHHHHHHHH
Hey, I also thought they were going to use that meaningless win in a random tag to do that match for the billionth time at BITW because that's the kind of lazy shit Delirious (and Gedo) likes to pull out, but they might as well rebuild O'Reilly for the time being instead of giving him the title now and turning him into Elgin 2.0.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

187_Joeism wrote:I agree with that the thing comes across like out of nowhere, my thing was people complaining it didn´t happen and now complaining it happen, not only here. I mean in social media in general.
As someone who has been calling for that match to happen since last July, the issue is more that it doesn't have the strength to be a PPV main event, and not only is it now a PPV main event, but it has very little build behind it because the issue of Jay's rematch has been ignored for an entire year, so it either feels like it is coming out of nowhere or it makes you ask "(from a kayfabe POV) why the hell wasn't this booked sooner?" And this is not the first time this has happened, either. Hanson beats Lethal at SOTF 2014 in November and doesn't get a TV Title shot until July? The whole thing with the Bucks and AND and the visual pinfall at SOTF 2015 didn't come up again until they decided to book a rematch in April. It makes the booking feel very incoherent and makes the many house shows that such a rematch could (and should) have happened on but was completely ignored for feel like pointless filler. I mean... if you are trying to build ANX up for a tag title shot and they have an outstanding issue with the Bucks where they are upset because they got screwed out of a match against the Bucks and the Bucks aren't doing anything at all at the moment, why the hell wouldn't you booked ANX to cleanly defeat the Bucks? Same logic applies here. After losing to Lethal Jay Briscoe did nothing for two months, then had a feud with Adam Page that lasted all of one month, then did pretty much nothing for five more months... so why the hell wouldn't you have him cash in his rematch during that time?

Also, wasn't there an angle that 2016 was going to be the year the Briscoes rededicate themselves to tag team wrestling? Doesn't this kind of fly in the face of that?
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Big Red Machine wrote:And this is not the first time this has happened, either. Hanson beats Lethal at SOTF 2014 in November and doesn't get a TV Title shot until July? The whole thing with the Bucks and AND and the visual pinfall at SOTF 2015 didn't come up again until they decided to book a rematch in April.
They're not going to acknowledge Kyle pinning Lethal on Monday until BitW 2017.
Fuck's sake he IS going to be another Elgin/Tyler/Nigel isn't he.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Big Red Machine wrote:Also, wasn't there an angle that 2016 was going to be the year the Briscoes rededicate themselves to tag team wrestling? Doesn't this kind of fly in the face of that?
To be fair, they've been spouting random stuff about the Briscoes for a while now, like Mark going after the TV title, something he never mentionned even once.
Big Red Machine

Thelone wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Also, wasn't there an angle that 2016 was going to be the year the Briscoes rededicate themselves to tag team wrestling? Doesn't this kind of fly in the face of that?
To be fair, they've been spouting random stuff about the Briscoes for a while now, like Mark going after the TV title, something he never mentionned even once.
Well... they should f*cking spouting random sh*t.
Big Red Machine

BlackLesnar wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:And this is not the first time this has happened, either. Hanson beats Lethal at SOTF 2014 in November and doesn't get a TV Title shot until July? The whole thing with the Bucks and AND and the visual pinfall at SOTF 2015 didn't come up again until they decided to book a rematch in April.
They're not going to acknowledge Kyle pinning Lethal on Monday until BitW 2017.
Fuck's sake he IS going to be another Elgin/Tyler/Nigel isn't he.
Not sure why you're grouping Elgin,Tyler, and Nigel together at all. People turned on Tyler because it took him too long to win the belt. From what I understand, the people who turned on Elgin turned on him because they thought he was boring and didn't deliver in the ring, which is an accusation that cannot be fairly applied to either Nigel or Tyler.