Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
User avatar
DXvsNWO1994
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9254
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:42 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
187_Joeism
Posts: 4914
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:26 am
Location: Canary Islands, Spain

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by 187_Joeism » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:21 pm

http://411mania.com/wrestling/roh-news- ... show-more/

– ROH officials were said to be very happy with last night’s 14th anniversary PPV. The event was completely sold out.

– PWInsider reports that Michael Elgin isn’t the only ROH talent who is expected to sign a deal with New Japan. He currently has a per date deal with ROH and signed with NJPW last week. ROH was fine with him signing, as they still have access to him and can book him when he’s not on NJPW tours. It also helps build their relationship with NJPW after the departures of Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles and others. There are other talents that NJPW could pick up, which means that ROH could have them for that amount of time as well, but without paying a full-time, exclusive contracted salary

– There are still tickets available for today’s TV taping.

– Brian Kendrick, who worked commentary last night, will also work the TV taping.

– Traci Brooks was at last night’s PPV visiting friends.
Image

franchise316
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:28 am

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by franchise316 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:37 pm

Is anyone doing live results of tonight's tv taping?

User avatar
DXvsNWO1994
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9254
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:01 pm

I know @DukesWrestling and @stevecash on Twitter are providing photos/some results. Here's what I can gather from their tweets:

- Brian Kendrick vs. Will Ferrara in an Internet/Youtube Exclusive match

- Tomohiro Ishii vs. Cedric Alexander for the TV Title. Ishii retained. Seemed like it was originally going to be Ishii vs. BJ Whitmer, but Whitmer gave his spot to Cedric, for some reason (I'm sure it'll be explained on the TV Show...hopefully).
- MCMG Promo
- The Briscoes def. Reno SCUM
- Elgin & Tanahashi def. The Young Bucks. Heard from the New Japan Purocast Twitter that Elgin & Tanahashi worked more as heels in this match (probably just b/c The Young Bucks are so popular). Also saw that Tanahashi told The Young Bucks to Suck It and flipped off Nick Jackson. The Addiction attacked The Young Bucks after the match before MCMG made the save. Presumably this was the Main Event of Episode 1.

- Four-Corner Survival - Roderick Strong vs. Adam Page vs. Moose vs. Matt Sydal (don't know who won here)
- Adam Cole & Matt Taven Promo
- Cheeseburger match against a local competitor. ANX comes out and turn heel on Cheeseburger. War Machine & The Briscoes came out for the save, but this led to a War Machine/Briscoes face-off.
- Jay Lethal vs. Hirooki Goto for the ROH World Title. Lethal retained. After the match, Donovan Dijak returned and attacked The House of Truth. Apparently Truth Martini got "stretched out", so I guess we're getting a Lethal/Dijak match? Looks like that's the end of Episode 2.

I would assume they're in intermission right now, as I post this.
Image

User avatar
DXvsNWO1994
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9254
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:11 pm

Seems like whatever happened to Truth Martini was a legitimately serious injury....
@JoeyVegas702 11m11 minutes ago
@thewadekeller truth martini might be dead they are using a table to stretcher him out #shoot #ROH14th #ROH
@peppermintfatty 12m12 minutes ago
.@davemeltzerWON @bryanalvarez Im hearing from a friend at the #ROH taping in vegas that Truth Martini is BADLY injured.
@peppermintfatty 5m5 minutes ago
@Sempervive I am not there, but I was told he wasnt moving. Seemed paralyzed. No Paramedics on hand. Trying to get more info.
Image

Mr. Mojo Risin
Posts: 2023
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:37 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:15 pm

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Seems like whatever happened to Truth Martini was a legitimately serious injury....
@JoeyVegas702 11m11 minutes ago
@thewadekeller truth martini might be dead they are using a table to stretcher him out #shoot #ROH14th #ROH
@peppermintfatty 12m12 minutes ago
.@davemeltzerWON @bryanalvarez Im hearing from a friend at the #ROH taping in vegas that Truth Martini is BADLY injured.
@peppermintfatty 5m5 minutes ago
@Sempervive I am not there, but I was told he wasnt moving. Seemed paralyzed. No Paramedics on hand. Trying to get more info.
Holy fuck! I hope he's all right. Not what anybody wants to hear.

User avatar
DXvsNWO1994
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9254
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:33 pm

Story seems to be changing. Leaning towards it being an angle. Hopefully that's the case...
@voiceswrestling 12m12 minutes ago
FWIW, someone in the building is telling us that the Truth injury was an angle.
Image

BrandenScott
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:57 am

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by BrandenScott » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:37 pm

It was a work Martini is ok. Confirmed by workers at the venue and Voices Of Wrestling on twitter.

Mr. Mojo Risin
Posts: 2023
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:37 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:44 pm

BrandenScott wrote:It was a work Martini is ok. Confirmed by workers at the venue and Voices Of Wrestling on twitter.
Knowing that, this should play out really well on TV.

User avatar
DXvsNWO1994
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9254
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:27 pm

@davemeltzerWON 1h1 hour ago
Truth Martini thing at the ROH tapings was an angle for Dijak to get over
Here are the rest of the results from the TV Tapings. Two more episodes:

- reDRagon def. Okada & Gedo
- Adam Cole def. KUSHIDA
- MCMG def. The Addiction. The Young Bucks, Sydal, & KUSHIDA all get involved in a brawl after the match.

- ROH World Tag Team Titles - War Machine def. Roppongi Vice
- Dijak promo (and Prince Nana was with Dijak). Lethal comes out and they have a brawl.
- Kenny Omega def. ACH
- Fight Without Honor - Dalton Castle def. Silas Young
Image

Mr. Mojo Risin
Posts: 2023
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:37 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:03 pm

So this proves one thing after this weekend: Adam Cole is the only protected ROH guy. Yes, Lethal and reDRagon won their respective matches. However, Lethal is the world champion, so no way he loses to Goto. Anyone with half a brain knew reDRagon would win when they saw Gedo booked. Kushida is a champion, so there really was no guarantee that he would lose. Other than Cole winning, there were zero deviations from what one expected out of this weekend's results.

Reaper G
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by Reaper G » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:15 pm

Briscoes vs. Reno Scum. My life is a little more complete now.

TYFDK
Posts: 3103
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by TYFDK » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:25 pm

From the picture I saw, it looked like the guy who faced Cheeseburger was Foxx Vinyer. Foxx most recently participated in the four way match to enter the TPT last month.

User avatar
Mike0284
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by Mike0284 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:55 am

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Adam Cole def. KUSHIDA
So could Cole vs. KUSHIDA for the IWGP Jr. title be a possibility at one of the May shows?

BrandenScott
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:57 am

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by BrandenScott » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:12 am

I am partially torn. Part of me wanted to see Castle against another NJPW talent and the other half wanted to see the Silas feud finally end. I had heard Castle was invited to be in this years Best Of The Super Juniors and would have liked to have seen a preview of what he could do against Kushida.

One of the things I am intrigued about is this years G1. I believe we will see a much bigger ROH presence this year. Perhaps Roddy, Cole, and Lethal. Maybe even Moose [cornette]

WHG
Posts: 1097
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:46 am

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by WHG » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:01 am

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:So this proves one thing after this weekend: Adam Cole is the only protected ROH guy. Yes, Lethal and reDRagon won their respective matches. However, Lethal is the world champion, so no way he loses to Goto. Anyone with half a brain knew reDRagon would win when they saw Gedo booked. Kushida is a champion, so there really was no guarantee that he would lose. Other than Cole winning, there were zero deviations from what one expected out of this weekend's results.
I actually think you're off base on this all around. Cole has lost to Styles repeatedly and to Nakamura. He's never been a protected guy in the NJPW vs ROH world. And honestly, he loses a lot in ROH, too. It's hard to be protected when you aren't even protected in your own promotion. It's safer to say that Kushida ISN'T a protected guy as he's typically the one able to job. Cole WILL be protected if and when he wins the title again, but it's premature to say he is because just he beat Kushida (Lethal, Strong, Sydal have also pinned him).

Lethal is absolutely protected, but likely just because of the title. Regardless, it's unfair to say that he isn't at this point, because he's never been beaten 1 on 1 on any ROH/NJPW show. Remember, AJ hadn't given notice yet and was two weeks away from a big WK10 title match when he did the job. Lethal has been the MOST protected ROH talent on their joint shows by a mile.

reDRagon are one of the most protected acts in New Japan (forget just the ROH joint shows), especially for a Jr. Tag Team. Sure, everyone knew they were beating Gedo last night...but that doesn't change the fact that they don't do jobs to New Japan guys hardly ever in any setting.

Finally, I think it's fair to call Jay Briscoe a very protected guy in both ROH & by extension their New Japan crossovers. Mark always jobs in their tag matches...similar to Gedo. The Okada/Gedo team has lost multiple ROH matches, but I'd still call Okada protected. Same for Jay in my mind. They just keep him out of singles matches.

User avatar
Brada
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:05 am
Location: Dallas/Ft.Worth, Texas

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by Brada » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:52 am

Not sure how I feel about a Lethal/Dijak program? Are they really putting a rocket on Dijak's back and pushing him to the moon?

JTCole
Posts: 1537
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by JTCole » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:56 am

Are they really pairing Cedric with Whitmer now? Boy I hope that WWE tryout went well for Alexander so he can get out of ROH ASAP.

Otherwise the tapings sounded fine.

Mr. Mojo Risin
Posts: 2023
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:37 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:57 am

WHG wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:So this proves one thing after this weekend: Adam Cole is the only protected ROH guy. Yes, Lethal and reDRagon won their respective matches. However, Lethal is the world champion, so no way he loses to Goto. Anyone with half a brain knew reDRagon would win when they saw Gedo booked. Kushida is a champion, so there really was no guarantee that he would lose. Other than Cole winning, there were zero deviations from what one expected out of this weekend's results.
I actually think you're off base on this all around. Cole has lost to Styles repeatedly and to Nakamura. He's never been a protected guy in the NJPW vs ROH world. And honestly, he loses a lot in ROH, too. It's hard to be protected when you aren't even protected in your own promotion. It's safer to say that Kushida ISN'T a protected guy as he's typically the one able to job. Cole WILL be protected if and when he wins the title again, but it's premature to say he is because just he beat Kushida (Lethal, Strong, Sydal have also pinned him).

Lethal is absolutely protected, but likely just because of the title. Regardless, it's unfair to say that he isn't at this point, because he's never been beaten 1 on 1 on any ROH/NJPW show. Remember, AJ hadn't given notice yet and was two weeks away from a big WK10 title match when he did the job. Lethal has been the MOST protected ROH talent on their joint shows by a mile.

reDRagon are one of the most protected acts in New Japan (forget just the ROH joint shows), especially for a Jr. Tag Team. Sure, everyone knew they were beating Gedo last night...but that doesn't change the fact that they don't do jobs to New Japan guys hardly ever in any setting.

Finally, I think it's fair to call Jay Briscoe a very protected guy in both ROH & by extension their New Japan crossovers. Mark always jobs in their tag matches...similar to Gedo. The Okada/Gedo team has lost multiple ROH matches, but I'd still call Okada protected. Same for Jay in my mind. They just keep him out of singles matches.
I was more or less speculating if there was a new pecking order since the 4 left New Japan. More specifically, I was just talking about this weekend. I don't disagree with anything you said, however.

FanSinceHDNet
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:26 am

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by FanSinceHDNet » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:18 pm

JTCole wrote:Are they really pairing Cedric with Whitmer now? Boy I hope that WWE tryout went well for Alexander so he can get out of ROH ASAP.

Otherwise the tapings sounded fine.
I read other spoilers that made it sound like Whitmer sold a TV title shot to Alexander or gave it to Veda in exchange for a favor.1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest