Official Winter Warriors Tour 2016 (TV Tapings) Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Burnside

Re: Official Winter Warriors Tour 2016 (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by Burnside »

AssShooter wrote:
Burnside wrote:
TYFDK wrote:Hopefully they catch it and realize that and between now and the 7 shows until the PPV, put Kyle in winning predicaments in high profile matches.
A good booker could have addressed that problem at this taping, though. Before announcing O'Reilly is getting a world title shot despite not winning anything.
They didn't announced anything, you know it because you read the spoilers.
Delirious knows what happen during the next shows and when the episodes will ends up on TV.
Technically, he can score some big wins before they officially announce the match.
No singles matches for O'Reilly this weekend.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Meltzer says Nakamura was going to face Dalton Castle at the PPV, so I guess Lethal vs O'Reilly vs Cole was actually Plan A.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Burnside wrote:Meltzer says Nakamura was going to face Dalton Castle at the PPV, so I guess Lethal vs O'Reilly vs Cole was actually Plan A.
I'd been hoping a Nakamura vs. Dalton Castle match would happen this year (just thinking of potential Nakamura opponents before the news broke last week), but this revelation is a huge bummer. :(
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Burnside wrote:Meltzer says Nakamura was going to face Dalton Castle at the PPV, so I guess Lethal vs O'Reilly vs Cole was actually Plan A.
If Lethal vs Kyle vs Cole was the plan A i agree they should have done a better job building Kyle, i agree with him losing against Lethal & Cole the way he did because it doesn´t hurt him but between that they should give him some important single wins
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

Holy Shit. I can't believe what I just read.

If AJ Styles debuts in the Royal Rumble the night after Joeism admits a flaw in ROH booking, it'll be the biggest weekend of wrestling surprises since the Montreal Screwjob.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Even the weather is against Kyle O'Reilly, his only single match against Cedric Alexander is cancelled before it even happened...
I guess they just give him his title shot based on the way he lost his previous matches and he will start to win during Adam Cole's title reign.
trufreedom wrote:Holy Shit. I can't believe what I just read.

If AJ Styles debuts in the Royal Rumble the night after Joeism admits a flaw in ROH booking, it'll be the biggest weekend of wrestling surprises since the Montreal Screwjob.
Spoiler: show
Not really, Styles pretty much said he was in the rumble during his farewell speech at the end of his match against Zack Sabre Jr. in England. You can easily find the video on youtube if you want.
They updated the TV Taping's card.
Michael Elgin is not listed.
Ring of Honor Presents
Winter Warriors Tour
Saturday, February 6th - 7:00PM Bell Time - National TV Taping
Nashville Municipal Auditorium
417 Fourth Avenue North - Nashville, TN

Matches signed
TOP PROSPECT TOURNAMENT CONTINUES

Signed to appear
TOP PROSPECT TOURNAMENT SEMI-FINALS and FINALS

In action...

ROH WORLD CHAMPION: Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION: Roderick Strong
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: War Machine (Ray Rowe & Hanson)
Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)
Adam Cole
Mark & Jay Briscoe
Alex Shelley
Roppongi VICE (Rocky Romero & Trent Beretta)
Dalton Castle w/ The Boys
All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King)
reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly)
Matt Sydal
The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian)
ACH
Cedric Alexander w/ Veda Scott
Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway
BJ Whitmer
Adam Page
Caprice Coleman
Will Ferrara
Silas Young
Beer City Bruiser
Cheeseburger

Women Of Honor
ODB
Amber Gallows
Mandy Leon
Veda Scott
Taeler Hendrix
Kelly Klein
Hania The Huntress
Sumie Sakai
*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
ImageImage
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

First official match announced
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TYFDK wrote:Image

First official match announced
:o

I've got no words for this match...
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

PS Elgin is not listed, nor will he be appearing at all, because he's on the next New Japan tour.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TYFDK wrote:PS Elgin is not listed, nor will he be appearing at all, because he's on the next New Japan tour.
Heavily rumored to be the "X" in the IWGP Intercontinental Title Match from what I've heard...
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The ROH WINTER WARRIORS TOUR has one last stop to make: Nashville! On February 6th, all your favorite ROH stars will be there for a huge television taping. But that's not all. The WOMEN OF HONOR are coming to Nashville! At our upcoming February 6th, a special spotlight will shine on our incredible female athletes. For months, fans at ROH events have witnessed fantastic Women of Honor action and fans around the world have been watching on our YouTube channel. The message is clear: you want more WOMEN OF HONOR! So on February 6th as part of the Nashville stop of the ROH WINTER WARRIORS TOUR, the night will be full of Women of Honor matches!

In addition to all of the Women of Honor action, fans in Nashville will see even more of the best professional wrestling on the planet. Just signed for February 6th:

ADAM COLE vs. MATT SYDAL

Two of the absolute best go head-to-head in Nashville! These two have battled before on ROH TV, but that outing was rife with interference from Jay Lethal, among others. What will happen this time when Cole takes on Sydal one more time? Recently, Matt Sydal has been focused on the increasingly cohesive unit he's built with ACH and Alex Shelley. In whatever combination they compete on any given night, the trio are known for some of the most dynamic and innovative action anywhere!

On February 6th, Matt Sydal sees singles action against a former ROH World Champion looking to reclaim gold. Adam Cole is a formidable foe at any time, but right now he's even more dangerous than ever! Nigel McGuinness just announced that Cole will get an ROH World Championship opportunity in Las Vegas at the 14 ANNIVERSARY! With this match against Matt Sydal coming mere weeks before Cole takes on Jay Lethal AND Kyle O'Reilly, a win is critical.

For months it seemed Cole might have changed his attitude for the better. Of course, it was eventually revealed to ROH fans - and to Kyle O'Reilly - that Adam Cole is the same opportunistic schemer he's always been. He defeated O'Reilly at FINAL BATTLE using questionable tactics and "earned" his championship opportunity through any means necessary. But if anyone has the veteran experience to counteract Cole's game plan, it's Matt Sydal! This is a can't miss rematch signed for Nashville on February 6th!

You don't have to wait to get your tickets to February 6th in Nashville featuring the WOMEN OF HONOR! To be there live, click HERE
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

"Crazy" Mary Dobson, Thunderkitty, & Faye Jackson have been added to the Women of Honor show.

Also...

The stars of RING OF HONOR WRESTLING return to MUSIC CITY for a HUGE national television taping on Saturday, February 6 in NASHVILLE! With the biggest night in WOMEN of HONOR history already announced, Ring of Honor is proud to announce a first-time tag team encounter for its debut at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium!

THE BRISCOES (JAY & MARK) versus ACH & ALEX SHELLEY

“Dem Boys” spent the majority of 2015 in singles competition with Jay Briscoe spending the first half of the year as the ROH World Champion and Mark Briscoe running off an undefeated streak in singles competition from July through the end of the calendar year! But with both at the top of their respective games in singles competition, the brothers from Sandy Fork, DE have one number on their mind: nine, a record-ninth ROH World Tag Team championship reign!

As the Briscoes climb back to the top of the ROH World Tag Team championship mountain, they have a first-time match up ahead of them in Music City: the team of ACH and ALEX SHELLEY! ACH and Shelley are coming off a huge six-man tag team win in Atlanta and have been impressive in tag team action since teaming for the first time in Collinsville, IL!

In a match-up of competing styles, the Briscoes will look to use their strength, experience, and continuity advantages to defeat the high-flying, fast-paced, aerial assault, and technical precision levied by ACH and Shelley! A win would firmly plant ACH and Shelley as top contenders while a victory for the Briscoes would cement their status as the top contenders for whomever emerges from the 14th Anniversary Pay Per View as ROH World Tag Team champions! Who will win this first-time tag team match-up? Join us in Nasvhille to see who emerges victorious!

You don't have to wait until February 6th in Nashville to get your tickets featuring this tag team match and a historic night of WOMEN OF HONOR! To be there live for this historic night, click HERE!
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Oh boy, Thunderkitty and Faye Jackson, whoever that is... Really scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point.

How many women are they going to bring anyway ? That's thirteen already (12 announced + the mystery girl from the Dojo) for a prelim show we know nothing about yet, I'm guessing some kind of tournament.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Pretty sure Faye Jackson is the Dojo girl there, champ.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Maybe ROH is going to present ROH Women's title and all these women are going to fight for it in a tournament.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

They are giving Castle some wins lately, i wonder if he is going to challenge Roddy for the Anniversary show.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Weren't they doing Fish vs. Roddy already?
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I still think Roddy vs. Ishii makes the most sense because of the Roddy vs. the world gimmick, but that's Delirious we're talking about here so I'm sure we'll get another Fish vs. Strong match instead.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Yeah I think Bobby's getting the title shot at the PPV. Have no idea what Castle's doing now that he isn't facing Nakamura.