Official Winter Warriors Tour 2016 (TV Tapings) Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
TYFDK

Re: Official Winter Warriors Tour 2016 (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by TYFDK »

I can't believe we don't know who the 4th man in the four way was,
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

yeah i seriously,i hate it when we get "complete" results with names missing/unknown.

I dont feel the majority of ROH loves Kyle as much as some people think.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the 3 triple threat is a great main event...maybe its a way to keep the cole/kyle stuff...nakamura is out,what do you want ?

i like the card so much..but people always need to complain about something..anyway i respect the others oppinions
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so ishii vs elgin the next day for tv?

whos gonna face stone pitbull at the ppv..roddy coul be killer but he is in a program with fish.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Strong vs Ishii and KUSHIDA vs Bobby Fish please!
Add to that:
Bucks vs ACH & Sydal
ANX vs War Machine
Shelley vs Sabin
Castle vs Gedo vs Silas vs Cedric vs Page vs Kazarian
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

monster mafia wrote:nakamura is out,what do you want ?
Lethal vs. Cole for the title ! Who cares if it's heel vs. heel ? The crowd will pick their favorite anyway, they won't be sitting there in silence because "man, there's no one to cheer in this match". Meanwhile, give O'Reilly a win over someone vaguely important (Kazarian, Alexander, Gedo, Daniels) and start rebuilding him NOW if your goal is to give him the title at FB. This guy will be the next Elgin if you keep going with this shitty Daniel Bryan ripoff gimmick any longer.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Thelone wrote:
monster mafia wrote:nakamura is out,what do you want ?
Lethal vs. Cole for the title ! Who cares if it's heel vs. heel ? The crowd will pick their favorite anyway, they won't be sitting there in silence because "man, there's no one to cheer in this match". Meanwhile, give O'Reilly a win over someone vaguely important (Kazarian, Alexander, Gedo, Daniels) and start rebuilding him NOW if your goal is to give him the title at FB. This guy will be the next Elgin if you keep going with this shitty Daniel Bryan ripoff gimmick any longer.
By having the three way we'll have a quality ain event that will he head and shoulders above the anniversary main event of last year and at the same time Cole vs O'Reilly is furthered. Kyle isn't built up to take the belt yet, he's in a feud with Cole right now, the big wins will come when the time is right (i.e.: Kyle has won the feud against Cole sometime in the summer)
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Lethal vs Cole makes no sense, you can say crowd will pick their favorite and all but you don´t know how he match will play out with both being heels and it´s a risk.

Doing Lethal vs Kyle would be more logical but you can´t do that right now because Kyle is feuding with Cole and you will have to do something with that resulting in an interference.

Lethal vs Kyle vs Cole makes me most sense of all 3 options, Cole cost Kyle his match against Lethal and beat him via cheating so both loses doesn´t make Kyle weak because he was not beat clean, doing the 3way you follow Cole vs Kyle & Kyle vs Lethal (This more secondary right now) and you can have a match with an uncertain winner because the match can go different ways, you can:

Make Lethal retain without hurting Cole & Kyle
Give Cole the title stealing the pin from Kyle
Give Kyle the title without pinning Cole or Lethal
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:By having the three way we'll have a quality ain event that will he head and shoulders above the anniversary main event of last year and at the same time Cole vs O'Reilly is furthered. Kyle isn't built up to take the belt yet, he's in a feud with Cole right now, the big wins will come when the time is right (i.e.: Kyle has won the feud against Cole sometime in the summer)
What are you going to further with O'Reilly as the third wheel in this match ? Oh, he'll get screwed again, because you really need to cool down this ice block of a character some more before giving him the title.
187_Joeism wrote:Lethal vs Cole makes no sense, you can say crowd will pick their favorite and all but you don´t know how he match will play out with both being heels and it´s a risk.
It makes perfect sense if "wins and losses matter". The guy is actually on a winning streak (I can't believe I didn't write "losing" out of habit frankly) and he should get a title shot because he DESERVES IT. Funny how it should work.
Doing Lethal vs Kyle would be more logical but you can´t do that right now because Kyle is feuding with Cole and you will have to do something with that resulting in an interference.
First, enough of this "X is in a feud with Y, he can't do anything else until he's done" bullshit. I'm sick of seeing the same matches on several consecutive (i)PPVs because Delirious is garbage and can't book more than one thing at a time.

Second, this is the match that makes the least sense of the three. O'Reilly has zero momentum right now and his last significant singles win was... I don't even know to be honest.
Lethal vs Kyle vs Cole makes me most sense of all 3 options, Cole cost Kyle his match against Lethal and beat him via cheating so both loses doesn´t make Kyle weak because he was not beat clean, doing the 3way you follow Cole vs Kyle & Kyle vs Lethal (This more secondary right now) and you can have a match with an uncertain winner because the match can go different ways, you can:

Make Lethal retain without hurting Cole & Kyle
Give Cole the title stealing the pin from Kyle
Give Kyle the title without pinning Cole or Lethal
See first point.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

One could make a case that Bobby Fish is getting over much more in his feud with Roddy in less time than Kyle has in the main event picture. Is that the booking or has O'Reilly been exposed in his shortcomings? Either way Thelone is correct. The guy needs a big win before the PPV.
Also, is Lethal going to get a cheap win ala Jay Briscoe last year because of the location? God, I fucking hope not.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

same thing you say about lethal/ aj....
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Thelone wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:Lethal vs Cole makes no sense, you can say crowd will pick their favorite and all but you don´t know how he match will play out with both being heels and it´s a risk.
It makes perfect sense if "wins and losses matter". The guy is actually on a winning streak (I can't believe I didn't write "losing" out of habit frankly) and he should get a title shot because he DESERVES IT. Funny how it should work.
Cole cheated to have that winning streak, so he doesn´t deserve it more than Kyle. If Kyle was beated clean then yeah you are right, but that´s not this case at all. Nigel is not an evil matchmaker so, Why would he reward Cole over Kyle?

Having the 3way makes more sense than having Kyle vs Lethal or Cole vs Lethal (Specially this one).
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

O'Reilly's singles record in 2015 :

L vs. Cole
W vs. Hughes (jobber)
L vs. Lethal
W vs. Young (midcarder)
NC vs. Cole
L vs. Naito
D vs. Lethal
NC vs. J. Briscoe
L vs. Sabin
L vs. Joe
L vs. Strong

World champion caliber stuff there, but let's go deeper :

L vs. Styles
Spoiler: show
L vs. Elgin
L vs. Alexander
L vs. Steen
W vs. Hollis (jobber)
W vs. Alexander (midcarder)
L vs. Thomas
L vs. Edwards
W vs. Mike Sydal (jobber)
L vs. Richards
L vs. Whitmer
L vs. Richards
L vs. Cole
L vs. Strong
L vs. Mondo
W vs. ACH (jobber at the time)
W vs. Cole (nowhere near who he is now, but let's stop there... in SEPTEMBER 2012 !!!)

Meanwhile, here's Cole's 2015 record :

W vs. O'Reilly (uppercarder)
W vs. King (midcarder I guess)
W vs. Hollis (jobber)
W vs. Ferrara (lower midcarder)
DQL vs. Castle
W vs. Cheeseburger (jobber)
W vs. M. Jackson (let's say mid)
L vs. Strong
W vs. Daniels (midcarder)
L vs. Nakamura
W vs. Castle (midcarder)
W vs. Fish (uppercarder)
NC vs. O'Reilly
W vs. ACH (midcarder)
NC vs. Strong
L vs. Styles
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

And that matter when he screwed Kyle in his title match and then beated him via cheating because...?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote:O'Reilly's singles record in 2015 :

L vs. Cole
W vs. Hughes (jobber)
L vs. Lethal
W vs. Young (midcarder)
NC vs. Cole
L vs. Naito
D vs. Lethal
NC vs. J. Briscoe
L vs. Sabin
L vs. Joe
L vs. Strong

World champion caliber stuff there, but let's go deeper :

L vs. Styles
Spoiler: show
L vs. Elgin
L vs. Alexander
L vs. Steen
W vs. Hollis (jobber)
W vs. Alexander (midcarder)
L vs. Thomas
L vs. Edwards
W vs. Mike Sydal (jobber)
L vs. Richards
L vs. Whitmer
L vs. Richards
L vs. Cole
L vs. Strong
L vs. Mondo
W vs. ACH (jobber at the time)
W vs. Cole (nowhere near who he is now, but let's stop there... in SEPTEMBER 2012 !!!)

Meanwhile, here's Cole's 2015 record :

W vs. O'Reilly (uppercarder)
W vs. King (midcarder I guess)
W vs. Hollis (jobber)
W vs. Ferrara (lower midcarder)
DQL vs. Castle
W vs. Cheeseburger (jobber)
W vs. M. Jackson (let's say mid)
L vs. Strong
W vs. Daniels (midcarder)
L vs. Nakamura
W vs. Castle (midcarder)
W vs. Fish (uppercarder)
NC vs. O'Reilly
W vs. ACH (midcarder)
NC vs. Strong
L vs. Styles
Interesting. Certainly supports the facts. Some guys on here are going to say you're negative regardless of the evidence.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Facts or not, I'm excited for Lethal/Cole/O'Reilly.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

"Facts" than have nothing to do with the issue also, the point of the match being a 3way it´s because of Cole costing Kyle matches and cheating to win and Nigel punishing for that by adding Kyle, not because Cole (Singles wrestler) won more matches than Kyle (Tag Team wrestler)
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

TYFDK wrote:Facts or not, I'm excited for Lethal/Cole/O'Reilly.
I think the match will be fine. I can't speak for the others, but from a storyline perspective, right now, it's a leap of faith to put O'Reilly in the same league as Cole and Lethal. Delirious hasn't done enough to credibly put him over. He still has time, but he better do it, and better do it pretty fucking quick. I would keep Bobby Fish as O'Reilly's mouthpiece for one. Let him do the talking and let O'Reilly go out and kick ass.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
I think the match will be fine. I can't speak for the others, but from a storyline perspective, right now, it's a leap of faith to put O'Reilly in the same league as Cole and Lethal. Delirious hasn't done enough to credibly put him over. He still has time, but he better do it, and better do it pretty fucking quick. I would keep Bobby Fish as O'Reilly's mouthpiece for one. Let him do the talking and let O'Reilly go out and kick ass.
This is a plan B, i don´t think the plan was to give Kyle another title shot here (Nakamura vs Lethal) but given the circunstances Lethal vs Kyle vs Cole makes a lot more sense than Lethal vs Cole.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
I can actually see where Joeism's coming from. Kyle was screwed over in his title match with Lethal. Kyle was screwed over in his grudge match with Cole. Instead of having individual rematches, Nigel combined the two problems O'Reilly was facing, and put them together. Cole getting a shot makes sense, too, because technically he beat Kyle at Final Battle.

But, I can see the side you and Thelone are on, as well. Kyle hasn't been made legitimate lately (although I think his work has been great) and thus should really work more for a shot. But I think if Kyle loses this match, he won't get another shot again. He'll likely face Cole in a big match at BITW.