Official Winter Warriors Tour 2016 (TV Tapings) Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Winter Warriors Tour 2016 (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Very happy to hear that Lio Rush advanced. Hopefully he gets a spot on the roster.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

who was the 4 man in the internet tpt match??

this spoilers looks so great

lethal vs cole vs kyle

tana/elgin vs briscoes

okada vs moose

adam page finally turns on bj whitmer

Jonathan Gresham with a regular spot for now

fish/ strong continues

castle/boys

that card for anniversary looks so amazing
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Is Gresham going to be a regular? Also 2016 better be a huge push for Adam Page.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Why the fuck did ACH and Sydal go over the Young Bucks? This makes no God damn sense. With Sydal and his contract situation combined with the fact that we already are being told Shelley and ACH are a new team, this is fucking stupid booking.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Also the next time someone wants to bitch at Burnside about how the New Japan guys not being protected consider this: since signing the ROH contract, the Young Bucks have lost more in the past few months than in their free agency with the company.
WHG

Post by WHG »

The Bucks have always had ebbs and flows of winning and losing in ROH...last year they actually did quite a few jobs. They're almost certainly going to win the titles again this year, but I think right now they're going to be focused on the IWGP Jr titles, given that ROH has the 4 joint New Japan shows coming up next month. Could be that this builds to that or even is related to Sydal & Ricochet challenging them on the next NJPW PPV. Who knows? I certainly don't think them losing hurts them. The Bucks are insanely over and could win 2 matches and be credible challengers for the titles.

Other than title changes or matches/fueds that are set up and are obviously terrible, I don't think getting worked up about a Win/Loss result is reasonable. You really have to see the context and how they do it before saying it makes no sense.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

You make a fine counterpoint. I still don't understand how you have them lose to ACH/Sydal. If that particular teaming will no longer be booked I can't justify that loss.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

People here always complained about ACH & Sydal losing matches, the win over the Bucks it´s huge for them and could set up a IWGP Jr. tag match for the anniversary show (More likely than Ricochet/Sydal because of Ricochet´s LU contract).
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

187_Joeism wrote:People here always complained about ACH & Sydal always losing matches, the win over the Bucks it´s huge for them and could set up a IWGP Jr. tag match for the anniversary show (More likely than Ricochet/Sydal because of Ricochet´s LU contract).
I wonder if Ricochet could wrestle for ROH during the shows in Japan ? And if they will finally give a name to the teams like Ricochet/Sydal, BCB/Silas Young and ACH/Shelley or Sydal.
ImageImage
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Why the fuck did ACH and Sydal go over the Young Bucks? This makes no God damn sense. With Sydal and his contract situation combined with the fact that we already are being told Shelley and ACH are a new team, this is fucking stupid booking.
quite easy to answer: ACH and Sydal will probably be a permanent tag team in 2016 and I guess the contract Sydal mentioned on twitter could be an ROH contract, considering the fact they should have some funds available by not having to pay for Styles this year. Wouldn't be too shocked to see ACH and Sydal getting a tag team title match on one of the Japan Shows.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

monster mafia wrote:who was the 4 man in the internet tpt match??

this spoilers looks so great

lethal vs cole vs kyle

tana/elgin vs briscoes

okada vs moose

adam page finally turns on bj whitmer

Jonathan Gresham with a regular spot for now

fish/ strong continues

castle/boys

that card for anniversary looks so amazing
You can add to that War Machine vs ANX (Probably a NO DQ match or something), Gresham vs Cedric & Shelley (with KUSHIDA?) vs KRD
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I do not like the PPV card.

I guess maybe they were intending to do Lethal vs Nakamura, but that 3-way is a lame main event. O'Reilly lost to Cole at FB and lost to Lethal at ASE. Why would he get another shot? Maybe it's a way to transition the belt to Cole without doing a heel vs heel main event, but the booking feels clumsy. Feels like Nigel favoring the babyface even though the babyface didn't earn it.

Moose is a terrible waste of Okada. I know Okada has to win and there are people they don't want to job out, but use Daniels in this spot.

Regarding the Bucks conversation above, the Bucks were never a team that NJPW wanted protected. It was Tanahashi, Okada, Nakamura, and Styles. All the other NJPW guys could and did job.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I also think the plan was Lethal vs Nakamura, but Cole vs Lethal vs Kyle it´s a fine back up plan. Kyle didn´t lose clean against Lethal or Cole, Nigel is only punishing the heels for cheating not favoring the babyface.

Why should Cole get rewarded with a single title shot for cheating?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Even though O'Reilly lost to both Lethal & Cole, he was screwed both times, so I guess that would be the justification for him getting another shot (not saying I totally agree with the ASE VII finish). I'm sure Lethal vs. Nakamura was the plan, or at least happening at some point, but I'm fine with this Triple Threat.

The only thing that I would complain about regarding Moose/Okada is that Moose is going to lose. Other than that, I think the match itself should be pretty good. Don't forget, Okada carried Bad Luck Fale to a **** match last year.

I guess The Young Bucks losing will continue the narrative of "guys jobbing when they sign ROH contracts".
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I think it's clear they're not going to rush the tag belts on to the Bucks, which is smart because you want to build to that. So the Bucks can't beat everybody right now because then they'd have to get the title shot.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I know they were teasing a break-up, but Page turning on BJ seems to come out of nowhere. Another example of "they were in cahoots the whole time" basically.

Alexander is still doing nothing of note. Please get rid of this guy.

The 3-way for the world title makes no sense to me. When O'Reilly lost to Lethal at ASE, he was supposedly at the back of the line. Six months later, he's getting a title shot out of nowhere (again...) after TWO SINGLES LOSSES AND ONLY ONE WIN (against ROH legend Tim Hughes at some "Road to" show).

I guess this Castle vs. Young feud still isn't done. Look, this could have been a compelling storyline if you actually put some effort into it, but you clearly didn't so I just don't care at this point.

This Moose vs. Okada match will be... something. I'm okay with Briscoes vs. Elgin/Tanahashi and I assume Roddy will face Ishii at the 14A.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Regarding Adam Page leaving The Decade, i hope this lead to Adam Page & Corey Hollis forming Country Jacked on ROH, they could be a good adiction to the tag team division.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Even though O'Reilly lost to both Lethal & Cole, he was screwed both times, so I guess that would be the justification for him getting another shot (not saying I totally agree with the ASE VII finish). I'm sure Lethal vs. Nakamura was the plan, or at least happening at some point, but I'm fine with this Triple Threat.

O'Reilly just feels so flat right now going into this, though. No momentum and it's impossible to believe he's winning the title in this match. His babyface promos are petulant, whiny, and humorless and all he's been booked to do is fail to win as his daddy Nigel gives him chance after chance. The two heels in the match are both more likeable and easier to root for.

Again, if you only have 4 TV PPVs per year, it shouldn't be that hard to book 4 compelling main events.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

I also am not digging the ME for the anniversary show. as others are im also left wondering who Ishii is facing as it appears itll be Roddy and Fish.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Burnside wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Even though O'Reilly lost to both Lethal & Cole, he was screwed both times, so I guess that would be the justification for him getting another shot (not saying I totally agree with the ASE VII finish). I'm sure Lethal vs. Nakamura was the plan, or at least happening at some point, but I'm fine with this Triple Threat.

O'Reilly just feels so flat right now going into this, though. No momentum and it's impossible to believe he's winning the title in this match. His babyface promos are petulant, whiny, and humorless and all he's been booked to do is fail to win as his daddy Nigel gives him chance after chance. The two heels in the match are both more likeable and easier to root for.

Again, if you only have 4 TV PPVs per year, it shouldn't be that hard to book 4 compelling main events.
People love Kyle so it´s more a personal thing of you don´t like him. I can´t argue with that but if you ask people following ROH the majority of the fans would tell you that Kyle still have momentum and credibility.

Regarding the Main Event of the Anniversary show the match itself is better being a 3way because that way you don´t know who is going win. They had Nakamura vs Lethal planned i think and after what happened with Nakamura they didn´t had much choice.