Official Glory By Honor XIV (TV Tapings) Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
187_Joeism

Re: Official Glory By Honor XIV (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by 187_Joeism »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:So I guess that almsot certainly means we get the following matches at Final Battle:
Styles/Lethal
Cole/O'Reilly
Strong/Fish
Addiction/Kingdom/Briscoes/ANX
Roddy right now it could go in a lot of routes, ACH or Fish are the most possible ones i think.

Kingdom vs War Machine is confirmed so it could be Addiction/Briscoes/ANX/Bucks for the #1 Contenders but the Addiction will go against the masked guy i guess.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

WHG wrote:Yes, Cedric's terrible losing streak, which stands at...1 loss.

After a good high profile feud with Moose (in which he won more than he lost), he beat Dalton Castle on TV and then lost to ACH, who has gone on a needed hot streak, last night.

I mean, unless good booking means that everybody that is supposed to be booked strong never loses, then I fail to see how the Cedric elevation isn't continuing. It's not a huge roster and there are a very small number of guys who always win or always lose. For the rest, it's not WWE 50/50 booking, but a general trend of winning or losing and the quality of their opponents.

I'm not saying the booking is without issues (agree totally on the Burger/Bob garbage...which I thought was over after his countout win), but just because guys aren't being pushed like Goldberg doesn't mean they're being buried.
soooo from tonight

Clift Compton beats Brutal Bob, Adam Page & Cedric Alexander when he school boyed Bob after Cheeseburger ran in & hit a Palm Strike
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Cheeseburger claims he's gonna destroy Bob Evans at Final Battle
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I so want Cheeseburger to turn heel and become a Toru Yano-esque guy who always cheats to win because he's like 5'0 and a 100lbs wet and when he finally beats someone, he gloats about it until the end of time and act like he's THE MAN.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

187_Joeism wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:So I guess that almsot certainly means we get the following matches at Final Battle:
Styles/Lethal
Cole/O'Reilly
Strong/Fish
Addiction/Kingdom/Briscoes/ANX
Roddy right now it could go in a lot of routes, ACH or Fish are the most possible ones i think.

Kingdom vs War Machine is confirmed so it could be Addiction/Briscoes/ANX/Bucks for the #1 Contenders but the Addiction will go against the masked guy i guess.
I really wanna see Roddy face a fly-in for Final Battle. Would love if it was Goto but would settle for KUSHIDA from New Japan. Would LOVE if it was Naomichi Marufuji though.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

im disappointed the AJ/Dijak match didnt happen.

I would love to see Fish/Roddy at FB.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

dark patriot wrote:I would love to see Fish/Roddy at FB.
as much as I would like to see this match up, it might be better left for 2016 due to the following reasons. strong should wrestle dijak at Final Battle. Why?

-in keeping with the spirit of final battle, to conclude strong's feud with the HOT by battling their enforcer.
-to give dijak a chance to show/prove his future in ROH against one of its mainstays.
-to give strong a platform to display his catch-as-catch-can technical expertise against a Goliath like dijak. Technique vs. Strength.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

tigermask7.0 wrote:
dark patriot wrote:I would love to see Fish/Roddy at FB.
as much as I would like to see this match up, it might be better left for 2016 due to the following reasons. strong should wrestle dijak at Final Battle. Why?

-in keeping with the spirit of final battle, to conclude strong's feud with the HOT by battling their enforcer.
-to give dijak a chance to show/prove his future in ROH against one of its mainstays.
-to give strong a platform to display his catch-as-catch-can technical expertise against a Goliath like dijak. Technique vs. Strength.
I'll pass on both. I still think Fish is one of the most overrated guys on the roster and if it weren't for Kyle he would've been out of ROH a long time ago. I'd like to see Roddy vs. Dijak... not at Final Battle though. Roddy needs to showcase this belt at this show to prove it's still at the same level it was when Jay Lethal was holding it. Roddy needs a high profile match. Either a fly-in from New Japan like KUSHIDA or Tetsuya Naito or in a dream world Tomohiro Ishii. Or a big name return like Austin Aries or maybe Chris Hero. Or he needs to face a current main eventer with a story behind it like Adam Cole, (who should be facing Kyle O'Reilly) Kyle O'Reilly, Michael Elgin, or Jay Briscoe.

Personally out of everything I just listed until I wrote it out Jay Briscoe never crossed my mind, but this would be awesome if Strong gets Jay Briscoe at Final Battle and handed him his 2nd loss. Or Briscoe could go on another tear but this time with the TV Title and we could end up finally seeing Jay vs. Jay II with the roles reversed.

Roderick Strong vs. Jay Briscoe at Only the Strong Survive from a few years ago was awesome and I'd love to see that again.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Shouldn't Roddy be defending against the winner of the ACH vs. Sydal series. If that match isn't happening on TV or PPV, then it makes no sense to have put the series on TV and PPV in the first place.
Fish vs. Roddy definitely has build to it (Fish got screwed out of the TV Title at the PPV and beat Roddy the previous weekend in Chicago, but that can be saved for the Anniversary Show. I definitely agree with what everyone has said about the match good a great opportunity for Dijak to show what he's got, but I'd rather have that at as a co-main event at a house show rather than take the chance of Dijak pooping the bed on TV or PPV.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I think the best options for Roddy at Final Battle are ACH, Sydal (who looks like he might turn heel?), or Fish.

Dijak would have to be built much better than he has been for a match with Roddy st the biggest show of the year...so much better that there aren't enough shows between now and then to do so.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

It seems pretty likely to me, for many frustrating reasons, that Roddy is getting added to the FB main event. Probably via winning Survival of the Fittest.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/world-of-cor ... er-26-2015

If you want to know what happened with Corino here you have
Chief

Post by Chief »

I think they made the right and most logical decision with the TV title.

I do wish they had waited till Final Battle BUT it is the TV title so it makes sense to do some title changes on TV.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

oh man aj vs lethal..SO FUCKIING HYPED!