9/19/15 San Antonio TV Tapings

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
TYFDK

9/19/15 San Antonio TV Tapings

Post by TYFDK »

Hey gang, saw no one had this set up so I thought I'd make this and will update it later tonight with stuff I find on Twitter and whatnot. Obviously I'll source who I get the info from.

Alright, here we go. All information from @TheRealChui on Twitter.

DARK MATCH: Peanut Butter Killers defeat The Washington Bullets

EPISODE 1:

Matt Sydal beat ACH via Shooting Star press to tie the Best of 5 at 2-2. KRD attack and beat down both after.

KRD promo about conspiracies and being mistreated. Insult Texas. Call out Kingdom. All Night Express out instead. ANX point out that they were never beaten for the tag titles either. Put tag division on notice. KRD leaves. ANX poses.

Silas Young and the boys out with THE BEER CITY BRUISER! Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser beat the boys when Silas used his finish. Boys learn to take a whooping from real men.
**Side note** Not sure if this was actually a match or just a promo
Spoiler: show
Week 1 main event: Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini vs. Takaaki Watanabe for the ROH TV Title. Lethal retains TV title over Watanabe with the Lethal Injection after Truth distraction and a low blow.

EPISODE 2:

Addiction w/ Sabin vs. ANX. Ref ejects Sabin, apparently as punishment for having Kazarian thrown onto him on the outside. Masked KRD guy distracts Daniels. ANX beat Addiction when Titus pins Daniels after their team finish.

Long Kingdom promo. They're snakes; have tag belts; Cole will get World title back. Cole turned on O'Reilly because O'Reilly doesn't deserve HIS belt. reDRagon out. Fish says they're going to take tag titles back after dealing with Cole. Kingdom challenges for 3 on 2. reDRagon accepts, but they are held apart. Michael Elgin out to attack Kingdom. Challenges for 6 man.

Week 2 main: Adam Page w/ BJ Whitmer vs. Jay Briscoe No Holds Barred. BJ tried to give Page the crutch. Mark comes out and takes it away. PAGE KICKED OUT OF A J DRILLER OFF THE APRON THROUGH A TABLE!
Jay beats Page in a crazy brawl with a second Jay Driller. Awesome match. BJ attacks Jay with the crutch. STEVE CORINO makes the save. Corino knocks BJ's dick in the dirt.

EPISODE 3:

Week 3 opens with Donovan Dijak w/ Truth Martini vs. Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway. Moose over Dijak with the tackle.

Cedric Alexander w/ Veda Scott vs. Dalton Castle w/o his boys. Castle beats Alexander clean with his move. Post-match, Veda Scott complains about about unsafe working conditions, says she and Cedric are suing ROH.

Jay Lethal and Truth Martini out for promo time. Truth puts Lethal over as best in the world. Roderick Strong interrupts. Roddy says Lethal is only the top guy because of Truth. Roddy wants one more shot. Lethal says no. They argue. Nigel says Roddy gets no shot at world title, but names him no. 1 contender for TV title.

Week 3 main event: The Kingdom w/ Maria vs. Michael Elgin & reDRagon. From Cheeseburger on Twitter: #BigMike chants in full force tonight for Elgin. #LilMike chants for Bennett. O'Reilly pins Bennet after Chasing the Dragon. Cole hits faces with the tag belt. Triple superkick from Kingdom to O'Reilly. O'Reilly wants Cole 1on1 tonight. Nigel books Cole vs. Styles vs. O'Reilly "next week".

EPISODE 4:

Week 4 opens with Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser w/ the boys vs. The Young Bucks. Silas says match was supposed to be Bucks vs. boys; orders the boys to take over. Referee is ok with this somehow. Matt pins both boys after More Bang For Your Buck. Young Bucks show respect to the boys, then superkick them.

Will Ferrara vs. Roderick Strong. Rod-dog wins with the Strong Hold.

(Mark was out on commentary for the episode) Mark Briscoe leaves. Jay Lethal out to do commentary for the main event.

Main: Cole w/ Kingdom vs. O'Reilly w/ Fish & Elgin vs. Styles with Young Bucks. Nigel sends the seconds to the back before the match. Cole wins a really good 3-way, pinning O'Reilly with a brainbuster over the knee. ll the teams out to brawl now. Bullet Club stands tall. Lethal faces off with AJ. "Next world champ" chants.
Last edited by TYFDK on Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 9 times in total.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: 9/19/15 San Antonio TV Tapings

Post by cgstong »

I've got results coming in and will be posting them soon

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
adduvall84

Post by adduvall84 »

@TheRealChui is live tweeting results...
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/adduvall1984
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Looks decent so far, although I don't give a shit about the KRD or even The Addiction at this point. Just let them split up and give Daniels one last title hunt because he wants to be a triple crown champion.

Lethal retaining the TV title does so little to me, but I guess Watanabe really is leaving soon. Do we even have a credible challenger now ? EDIT : I see that we do now after I posted the message.

That Cedric/Veda angle sounds... awful. I mean really, again with the "Corporate ROH sucks" angle ?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Yeah I'm not looking forward to another one of those kinds of angles.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Thelone wrote:Looks decent so far, although I don't give a shit about the KRD or even The Addiction at this point. Just let them split up and give Daniels one last title hunt because he wants to be a triple crown champion.

Lethal retaining the TV title does so little to me, but I guess Watanabe really is leaving soon. Do we even have a credible challenger now ? EDIT : I see that we do now after I posted the message.

That Cedric/Veda angle sounds... awful. I mean really, again with the "Corporate ROH sucks" angle ?
At least in this case I'm assuming the whole 'lawsuits' thing is because Veda is supposed to be a lawyer and this is what evil lawyers do. And not the Steen kind who were both awful, and, ironically, actual lawyers. But it might totally blow. I'll stay on the sidelines about it until I see it myself and decide there.

Agree with the new TV contender thing. I was wondering since Lethal won (clean?) last night who was next up at bat. Didn't see that coming, but I like it. Wouldn't mind him being the champ either. Should he win, as I hope, let him keep it for a while this time so he can get some good feuds in.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

I do really like the idea of having reDRagon/Elgin vs. Bullet Club vs. Kingdom as an actual possibility.
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

I'll try to contribute what I can.

Of note: In the lobby, there's a table with The Young Bucks signing autographs with a massive line. At another table, are the Briscoes and ACH, with no one in line. ACH looks upset by this, which Jay and Mark shrug it off.

Opening dark match: Pretty Boy Killers defeated Two Guys I Don't Know.

Pretty Boy Killers make for a monster tag team. One of them, Shane Taylor, has wrestled at two previous ROH events- Glory By Honor and the last set of TV tapings - losing to J. Diesel and Romantic Touch, respectively. If ROH wanted them, they would be a good addition. The other team were lively, and showed a lot of personality. Pretty Boy Killers (or PBK, or Peanut Butter Killers, as one guy shouted at them) win.

Matt Sydal b. ACH.

A lot like their match from last night, but with Sydal picking up the win. Fun match, but pretty standard, I'm afraid. I hope their last match is a real epic.

The Addiction, with Sabin (Yay!), hit the ring and beat up Sydal and ACH. They cut their best heel promo. They chastise whoever it was who appeared in their match last night in a KRD mask. Since they are in Texas, Kaz dons a Texan accent and says something to the effect of "Texans like justice, but are not fond of bathing." This ellicits some boos, and applause from me, because fuck it, it was funny. ANX come out, cut a promo. Setting up a match for later on in the night.

Silas Young/Beer City Bruiser b. The Boys.

The Boys were wearing peacock themed tights and wristbands with tassels. Silas insults them for this. Not much of a match, more of a squash. Around the auditorium are box seats, and in one of them is Dalton Castle, looking horrified after the Boys get wrecked.

TV Title: Lethal b. Watanabe.

Fun match, but not much to report. Shenanigins from Truth and a low blow lead to the Lethal Injection and a victory for Lethal. Watanabe receives a standing ovation after Corino and Kevin Kelly stand. Maybe his last ROH match?

ANX b. Addiction.

Sabin comes out with the Addiction, and throws little balls of crumpled streamers at people in the ring, and Kevin Kelly, who is annoyed. He's ejected part way through the match. Mystery KRD comes out and distracts the Addiction.

Kingdom comes out looking snazzy in suits and their shiny tag belts. Lengthy promo, including a story from Michael Bennett about a farmer and a snake. He says that you can't trust the Kingdom because they are snakes. He receives "Boring" chants. Maria, next, has the mic, and cuts a promo. Couple a jackass in the crowd make lewd gestures and comments to Maria, but Maria being a professional rolls with it. Redragon comes out, cuts a promo, and are challenged to a 3-on-2 match. Elgin arrives to even the odds. Looks like they're trying to get Elgin some shine off reDRagon.

Jay Briscoe b. Adam Page via Jay Driller through a table on the floor.

This was a great no dq match. I hope it comes off as such on TV. Both came off looking strong.

Mid-match, Adam signals to Whitmer to hand him one of his crutches, but Mark comes out, takes the crutch and leaves.

After the match, Whitmer jumps Briscoe with another crutch. Corino enters the ring, calmly removes his jacket, and pulls something out of his pocket. After a brief stand off, Corino hits Whitmer with a roll of quarters. He, then, leaves, hugs Kevin Kelly, and goes to the back. Whitmer is helped out of the ring, but is smirking.

On commentary, Corino is replaced by Nigel.

Moose b. Dijak.

After last night, Moose is SUPER over. Good big guy match, and featured Dijak doing an Asai moonsault. I like both these guys a lot, I just wish they'd book Dijak better.

Dalton Castle b. Cedric Alexander.

Big Ced is out first, bandaged up, and limping. Then, Castle enters, sans Freddie Mercury attire and without the Boys. Saddest. Entrance. Ever. But, Castle wins. Post-match, Veda cuts a promo about unsafe working conditions and says she and Cedirc will sue ROH. Ah, nothing like wrestling and litigation...

Roderick Strong is named the number 1 contender for the TV title after an in-ring segment with Lethal and Truth.

As per PWPonderings: "reDRagon and Michael Elgin def the Kingdom (Adam Cole & ROH Tag Champions Mike Bennett & Matt Taven) with Chasing the Dragon on Bennett
– After the match Cole hits Elgin and reDRagon with the tag belt. Triple superkick from Kingdom to O’Reilly. O’Reilly challenged Cole for a match that night. Nigel booked Cole vs. Styles vs. O’Reilly “next week”."

As for the match, it was a good six-man tag. Elgin has some more fans in the crowd after last night. Not sure if the #BigMike" thing will stick, but Elgin needs to get more momentum behind and the way to do that is to put on great matches.

Dark Match (?): "American Burgers": Cheeseburger and Americos (aka: Liger and The Patriot after the Fusion Dance) over "Dirty" Andy Dalton and "The Outlaw" Ken Phoenix.

Young Bucks b. The Boys.

Initially, the match was Silas and Beer City Bruiser v. The Bucks, but after being beaten up by the Buck, Silas inserts the Boys (now in Blue Jeans and tank tops) as The Bucks opponents.

The Boys get some offense, including a double hurricanrana from one of them on to the Bucks. The Bucks win after More Bang on both the Boys.

Whitmer arguing with Nigel and the confrontation with Mark Briscoe was secondary to Whitmer having a staring contest with a fan who kept telling BJ to "git." Pretty amusing. Eventually, Nigel tells the fan to sit down, shakes his hands. The fan receives "That was awesome" chants.

Adam Cole b. Styles and O'Reilly following that neat brainbuster to the knee on O'Reilly.

Big brawl afterwards, followed by AJ and Lethal having a staredown. Bullet Club close the show.

Overall, it was a fun show. Crowd attendance was definitely smaller than last night's or any of the previous ROH shows in SA.

Sorry if this seems short, but my hands hurt from a combination of clapping, smacking the barricade, and previous fucking up my hand from typing too much.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Fidel Costco wrote: Lengthy promo, including a story from Michael Bennett about a farmer and a snake. He says that you can't trust the Kingdom because they are snakes. He receives "Boring" chants.
Oh great, another reminder of someone who fucked his wife.
Last Real Man Hype
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Kingdom vs Bullet Club vs reDRagon & Elgin and Strong vs Lethal for the TV Title at Glory By Honor it seems.
TwelveGs210

Post by TwelveGs210 »

I attended both nights as well..

LMAO at the "jackasses".. They sat directly behind me, they were awesome! Had us cracking up all night.. The Crown caught up w/ them by episode 4 though, they left at intermission and didn't make it back.. Maybe the Kingdom caught up with them outside the arena lol

Here's what I posted in the PPV thread..

Some thoughts:

-The arena staff really fucked up good on night one, a TON of people (including me) were having issues w/ their seats being taken, and not having any intelligent members of the crew available to sort things out.

-The quality of the TV tapings were definitely better than the PPV. Great matches on the tapings, Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Page was sicccccccckkkkk

-Was sitting about four seats from Rhonda Rouseys crew.. No Rousey tonight

-San Antonio continues the push to make Todd Sinclair a top star in RoH.. He gets bigger pops and more chants than most of the talent when they come to San Antonio tbh.. We came ready w/ the "Sinclair Section" signs this time

-The quality of story telling in the Castle vs. Young feud is top notch.. Brilliant feud IMO. Dalton playing the depressed role and not being up to wearing the Peacock getup was hilarious

- Poor Briscoes.. RoH didn't think that having them and the Young Bucks signing autographs withing 20 feet of each other would lead to a line through the door for the Young Bucks and absolutely NOBODY in line for the Briscoes. They looked sad as hell :lol:

-PBK put on a hell of a match prior to the TV tapings starting.. The smaller of the two (not sure of his name) did a picture perfect front flip suicide dive after the crowd started calling for it.. Props to the guy who had to catch his big ass

-Went from being one of the few in the crowd not doing the "MOOSE" chant to being converted by the second night.. He has definitely stepped it up since the last time they were here for TV tapings

-Damn Maria Kanellis is amazing up close.. Body chiseled by God himself

Here are some pics:

TwelveGs210

Post by TwelveGs210 »

..and LMAO @ the Shinsuke Nakamura lookalike in the front row who went nose to nose w/ BJ Whitmer.. Nice to get a suprise appearance from Nakamura
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

TwelveGs210 wrote:..and LMAO @ the Shinsuke Nakamura lookalike in the front row who went nose to nose w/ BJ Whitmer.. Nice to get a suprise appearance from Nakamura
That guy was great, as was Whitmer for milking the whole thing.
TwelveGs210

Post by TwelveGs210 »

Fidel Costco wrote:
TwelveGs210 wrote:..and LMAO @ the Shinsuke Nakamura lookalike in the front row who went nose to nose w/ BJ Whitmer.. Nice to get a suprise appearance from Nakamura
That guy was great, as was Whitmer for milking the whole thing.
Yeah, he deserved the "that guy's awesome" chant
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

187_Joeism wrote:Kingdom vs Bullet Club vs reDRagon & Elgin and Strong vs Lethal for the TV Title at Glory By Honor it seems.
That Three-Way Six-Man Tag could either be really good (considering who's involved), or a giant clusterfuck.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:Kingdom vs Bullet Club vs reDRagon & Elgin and Strong vs Lethal for the TV Title at Glory By Honor it seems.
That Three-Way Six-Man Tag could either be really good (considering who's involved), or a giant clusterfuck.
I could be a fun giant clusterfuck :lol:
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Fidel Costco wrote:Adam Cole b. Styles and O'Reilly following that neat brainbuster to the knee on O'Reilly.
I don't like that at all. Why have O'Reilly lose to Cole so quickly?

Thanks for the write-ups you two.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
Fidel Costco wrote:Adam Cole b. Styles and O'Reilly following that neat brainbuster to the knee on O'Reilly.
I don't like that at all. Why have O'Reilly lose to Cole so quickly?
If they're going to have the feud go into FB, maybe they're building it up as 'I'm the guy you can never best, Kyle' by having him lose several times going into it. Or they might exchange wins and loses like they did in their first feud.