Official Aftershock Tour (TV Tapings) Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
187_Joeism

Re: Official Aftershock Tour (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by 187_Joeism »

Last edited by 187_Joeism on Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Posted this in the ASE7 PPV Thread, but I'll put this here to, since we can discuss spoiler results here...
‏@ringofhonor 6h6 hours ago
The winner of tonight's #BucksVsAddiction ROH WTTC match will face #TheKingdom at #ASE7 Live on PPV Fri 9/18
Given this news, The Young Bucks HAVE to be winning the titles tonight, right? Doing a heel vs. heel match with The Addiction vs. The Kingdom makes zero sense, especially on a PPV.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Young Bucks working more ROH shows and then this makes me think that way too but we will see
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Kingdom vs. Bucks vs. Addiction in San Antonio
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

187_Joeism wrote:Kingdom vs. Bucks vs. Addiction in San Antonio
The more I thought about it, the more I leaned in that direction after I made the initial post. The match should be pretty good.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

"Kevin Kellu"
ImageImage
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Episode 3

Michael Elgin def Silas Young
– reaction to Elgin was said to be poor despite his G1 performances.
And that's exactly what I was afraid of and why I just couldn't care about Elgin in ROH right now. You also have to wonder how big of a draw New Japan really is in the US when Elgin is still getting crickets or tepid boos after the G1 IN PHILLY.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
hitman420

Post by hitman420 »

I was there last night and Elgin initially received a good ovation coming to the ring (respect for his G1 performance), but I think his entrance music really kills the crowd and isn't really welcoming to receive any kind of cheers. The match was solid, and he got pops for his signature moves, but he's still having trouble connecting with the crowd. Hopefully he'll be able to transfer his success from the G1 to ROH with more fanfare.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

At this point there is little hope for Elgin in ROH. Based on the evidence of his response from the fans, someone in ROH management has to realize the Elgin run is on life support and needs to pull the plug.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:At this point there is little hope for Elgin in ROH. Based on the evidence of his response from the fans, someone in ROH management has to realize the Elgin run is on life support and needs to pull the plug.
That'd be fucking stupid. What he needs is a program, all they've done is turn him face overnight because apparently he got over whatever problems he had. They should probably get rid of the instantly heel-ish sounding theme music too and go back to Prometheus-X, least that grabs your attention and sounds like music a face would come out to. But releasing him after the performance he had in the G1 would be the height of stupidity.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
That'd be fucking stupid. What he needs is a program, all they've done is turn him face overnight because apparently he got over whatever problems he had. They should probably get rid of the instantly heel-ish sounding theme music too and go back to Prometheus-X, least that grabs your attention and sounds like music a face would come out to. But releasing him after the performance he had in the G1 would be the height of stupidity.
He could use a more charismatic tag team partner. Barring that, a manager. Could be an excuse to bring RD Evans back. He was always a better talker than wrestler anyway.
hitman420

Post by hitman420 »

Anything connected with RD Evans is money to me! And Elgin with Evans against Lethal/Martini would be a great program in and out of the ring!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

RD Evans doing #BigMike promos could be money.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Maybe the most puzzling thing to me about the tapings was that, for a show that will not air until late September if I'm correct about the timing, Adam Cole was still wrestling as a full heel against Nakamura...more so than in other matches he's had recently. They announced him as representing The Kingdom and he was still wearing the red Kingdom trunks, which didn't seem odd to me until he did his full heel shtick, complete with teasing moves and then taunting the audience.

There was also no other Kingdom/Cole interaction on the show, which I guess all means we're just in a holding pattern on his face turn until after ASE7?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

they need a really solid and blodie feud with elgin,and change thaht awful entrance theme for the old one.

some feud with someone from outside like dickinson or maybe chris hero if you need a veteran
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

monster mafia wrote:some feud with someone from outside like dickinson or maybe chris hero if you need a veteran
Even if it is not to face Elgin i would love to see Chris Dickinson back in ROH, their last match was already great and it was just a random match on a live event.
ImageImage