Corino/Whitmer

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
User avatar
Brada
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:05 am
Location: Dallas/Ft.Worth, Texas

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by Brada » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:46 am

Is there a point with the Mr.Wrestling III gimmick?

I get that Corino was suspended, fired, whatever, but what's the end game here? Keep this going until Corino-Whitmer finally happens?

User avatar
ColourMeCurious
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by ColourMeCurious » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:31 am

I think its a case of they screwed themselves.

I'm sure they were planning on having Whitmer-Corino in 2014 before BJ got hurt. Then he gets better and Corino is out with neck surgery. Did they shoot the angle with Corino getting suspended before or after he found out about the surgery? If they did it before, then I understand Mr. Wrestling III. Its the Midnight Rider/Dirty Yellow Dog/Mr. America all over again. But how long can they suspend Corino? Maybe Corino isn't going back to commentary after the match. Just a thought....if the match ever happens. I've loved this angle. I know I'm in the minority, and I get everyone's opinions, but I'm at the point that I just want the match to happen so this ends. Corino needs to go back to being a heel manager I see once every three weeks on TV. BJ, well, he is BJ and a helluva heel. Maybe he can do real heel commentary.

User avatar
Burnside
Posts: 3030
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:01 am
Location: New York City

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by Burnside » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:19 am

They forgot to make Corino a babyface. His character is a bloated jerk who doesn't care about his son.

User avatar
ColourMeCurious
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by ColourMeCurious » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:29 pm

Okay, I'm not the only one that wondered WHY Corino was a babyface. Is BJ that big of a heel that anyone would be a babyface against him, or did the crowd just decide they like Corino?

I think its why I keep going back to Corino being a heel manager when this is all over. Character wise, he tried to destroy the company with S.C.U.M. and helped Adam Page turn against BJ, but we haven't heard anything about Colby (who I think could be a great babyface with the way he sells). His gimmick has always been that he is a shit person. Nice guy outside of the ring, but I'd like an explanation of when or why he was turned babyface. Hell, he even cheated against his best friend, Steen, in his last match.

User avatar
STITCHES
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:49 am
Location: Somewhere Overpopulated

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by STITCHES » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:14 pm

The "Mr Wrestling III" gimmick is awful. It's almost as obvious as the Brooklyn Brawler's MVP gimmick in the 90's and shouldn't even work with an elementary school audience. If I get fired from my job and show up the next day with a mask, you think people won't know it's me?

FanSinceHDNet
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:26 am

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by FanSinceHDNet » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:21 pm

STITCHES wrote:The "Mr Wrestling III" gimmick is awful. It's almost as obvious as the Brooklyn Brawler's MVP gimmick in the 90's and shouldn't even work with an elementary school audience. If I get fired from my job and show up the next day with a mask, you think people won't know it's me?
If they can't see your face, no.

User avatar
Burnside
Posts: 3030
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:01 am
Location: New York City

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by Burnside » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:25 am

STITCHES wrote:The "Mr Wrestling III" gimmick is awful. It's almost as obvious as the Brooklyn Brawler's MVP gimmick in the 90's and shouldn't even work with an elementary school audience. If I get fired from my job and show up the next day with a mask, you think people won't know it's me?
The idea - I think - isn't that Nigel and ROH are fooled by the Wrestling III gimmick. It's that the Wrestling III gimmick gives them plausible deniability because they didn't really want to punish Corino in the first place. It would help if Whitmer would point this out.

User avatar
STITCHES
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:49 am
Location: Somewhere Overpopulated

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by STITCHES » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:08 pm

Yes, it would. That's where I get a little lost on some of these story lines. If only there was some evidence that ROH is in on their own joke.

monster mafia
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:13 am

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by monster mafia » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:04 am

corino is able to wrestle....so put this fucking match soon and end this fucking feud

User avatar
STITCHES
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:49 am
Location: Somewhere Overpopulated

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by STITCHES » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:12 am

Monster Mafia, are you posting from an iPhone or something?

Mr. Mojo Risin
Posts: 2116
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:37 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:45 pm

That's how he always types. You get used to it.

monster mafia
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:13 am

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by monster mafia » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:59 pm

THAT IS MY STYLE BROS! 8-)

Big Red Machine
Posts: 3263
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by Big Red Machine » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:41 pm

Burnside wrote:
STITCHES wrote:The "Mr Wrestling III" gimmick is awful. It's almost as obvious as the Brooklyn Brawler's MVP gimmick in the 90's and shouldn't even work with an elementary school audience. If I get fired from my job and show up the next day with a mask, you think people won't know it's me?
The idea - I think - isn't that Nigel and ROH are fooled by the Wrestling III gimmick. It's that the Wrestling III gimmick gives them plausible deniability because they didn't really want to punish Corino in the first place. It would help if Whitmer would point this out.
This is the gimmick.

User avatar
Brada
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:05 am
Location: Dallas/Ft.Worth, Texas

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by Brada » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:13 am

The end is near.

User avatar
Brada
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:05 am
Location: Dallas/Ft.Worth, Texas

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by Brada » Mon May 09, 2016 3:57 am

oooohhhhh.....the flash drive!

User avatar
Vanilla Gorilla
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by Vanilla Gorilla » Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 am

flash drive contents:


User avatar
Lone Wolf
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 am

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by Lone Wolf » Tue May 10, 2016 7:51 am

Brada wrote:Is there a point with the Mr.Wrestling III gimmick?

I get that Corino was suspended, fired, whatever, but what's the end game here? Keep this going until Corino-Whitmer finally happens?
You get get rib tickler moments such as the superkick counter that cost 6 grand :D [cornette]
Image

BurningHammer
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by BurningHammer » Wed May 11, 2016 2:16 pm

If they had done all of this in far more condensed time frame, without all this wrestling 3 business this angle really could have worked especially at the time with Colby being around it could have really added to Corino trying to move Colby away from the Decade. Also with Adam filming the entire thing it's just silly now.

Sadly now though it's just far to drawn out and the blow off will never be as big as has to be, well unless they just go full blown nuts one last time in their careers and in the end have a no rope bard wire match with lots of blood just make to go wow that really had something in end.

Mr. Mojo Risin
Posts: 2116
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:37 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Wed May 11, 2016 2:20 pm

BurningHammer wrote:If they had done all of this in far more condensed time frame, without all this wrestling 3 business this angle really could have worked especially at the time with Colby being around it could have really added to Corino trying to move Colby away from the Decade. Also with Adam filming the entire thing it's just silly now.

Sadly now though it's just far to drawn out and the blow off will never be as big as has to be, well unless they just go full blown nuts one last time in their careers and in the end have a no rope bard wire match with lots of blood just make to go wow that really had something in end.
I think a no rope barbed wire match might kill both guys at this point in their lives.

BurningHammer
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by BurningHammer » Wed May 11, 2016 2:32 pm

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:If they had done all of this in far more condensed time frame, without all this wrestling 3 business this angle really could have worked especially at the time with Colby being around it could have really added to Corino trying to move Colby away from the Decade. Also with Adam filming the entire thing it's just silly now.

Sadly now though it's just far to drawn out and the blow off will never be as big as has to be, well unless they just go full blown nuts one last time in their careers and in the end have a no rope bard wire match with lots of blood just make to go wow that really had something in end.
I think a no rope barbed wire match might kill both guys at this point in their lives.
I'm sure it would and it's a very extreme example of the point I wanted to make, but it see it as if they want people to buy into the end of this it's got to be with idea that's it's career threatening else it will end up like the San Antonio Street fight which just goes limply into the either of ROH history.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest