Corino/Whitmer

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: Corino/Whitmer

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

BurningHammer wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:If they had done all of this in far more condensed time frame, without all this wrestling 3 business this angle really could have worked especially at the time with Colby being around it could have really added to Corino trying to move Colby away from the Decade. Also with Adam filming the entire thing it's just silly now.

Sadly now though it's just far to drawn out and the blow off will never be as big as has to be, well unless they just go full blown nuts one last time in their careers and in the end have a no rope bard wire match with lots of blood just make to go wow that really had something in end.
I think a no rope barbed wire match might kill both guys at this point in their lives.
I'm sure it would and it's a very extreme example of the point I wanted to make, but it see it as if they want people to buy into the end of this it's got to be with idea that's it's career threatening else it will end up like the San Antonio Street fight which just goes limply into the either of ROH history.
I see your point. You're right, it has to end with a bang. However, I think the latter part of your sentence will be our final thoughts on this feud.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: I see your point. You're right, it has to end with a bang. However, I think the latter part of your sentence will be our final thoughts on this feud.
Yeah I can see that happening, it's the unfortunate thing about both Corino and BJ they both have the skills to make you buy into the build, to the moments, but when the moments come their age or bodies catch up with them and they can't deliver. I think both of them have a great deal to teach younger guys and I hope they are teaching them as if you have the in ring talent combined with that knowledge you'll go far. We could really see that with Adam Page during this new run.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Vanilla Gorilla wrote:flash drive contents:

Oh no! Whitmer... had a polite conversation with... Corino's wife, I guess?... like... a year and a half ago! THAT FIEND!
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

MINDGAMES.

At least there's an endgame to the storyline now. Let's hope BITW does 500k PPV buys to justify wasting so much time on this.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

4-5 years ago Corino & Whitmer probably could have had a pretty awesome brawl.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

More MINDGAMES because of reasons :

Record buyrate, I'm telling you.
Big Red Machine

Requiem of Lacey this is not.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Corino/Whitmer thread, I am posting this not because I want to, but because I have to.

(What even is this story anymore? Are they seriously still alluding to EVIL/SCUM?)
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

It should have been as easy as "Whitmer hates Corino so he's recruiting his son in the Decade because he's that evil and MINDGAMES, KC3 tries to be cool with it, but one day he snaps and there's your grudge match", but why keep things simple and effective when you can add a thousand layers of random shit over that ?

I mean, we all know this match will end when Whitmer is about to break the surgically repaired neck of Corino, then Colby comes back to save his dad, then they have this heartwarming embrace after the match or whatever.

EAT YOUR HEART OUT, WRESTLEMANIA X-7 !!!
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Speaking of randomness, here's Kevin Sullivan because EVIL AND STUFF.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Produced and brought to you by MATTHARDYBRAND.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Steve seems really constipated.
Big Red Machine

Burnside wrote:Steve seems really constipated.
Which is very strange because if I was looking into my mirror in a dark room and suddenly I saw Kevin Sullivan pop up, I'd probably be doing the opposite.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

BUT. WHOSE. SIDE. IS. HE. ON?
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Joe Koff is a huge CWF fan. I know he helped Produce the Battle of the Belts shows. Also I believe his station was the flagship for CWF , not 100% on that.. It is only natural that Koff would want to use Sullivan.

Plus , Sullivan has the knowledge and experience to with the booking of the product. Smart move
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Allison Danger wrote:On June 24th I will be in Chicago, IL. for my own show however, my thoughts will be in Concord, NC when my big brother, Steve Corino, takes on my former Prophecy mate BJ Whitmer in a Fight Without Honor. Quite frankly, I am disturbed that this match is even happening and I am deeply concerned that ROH doesn't realize what will happen when these two meet. Knowing these two men I fear for both their safety and their sanity.

Growing up with Steve was never “easy”.I have seen him in his darkest moments and, while I love my brother, I can't help but wonder his selfishness and his former ways have finally caught up to him. Karma, if you will. He has grown into a dedicated family man but the flaws remain beneath the surface. Why, Steve, did you have to cast the first stone?

And Whitmer...well, few people outside of wrestling know BJ like I do. He was one of my best friends, my stable mate, my traveling companion. We have seen each other at our proverbial rock bottoms. In fact, I credit BJ with saving me from myself when the pills consumed me. But this BJ, the BJ who crushed my sweet nephew Colby on tv again and again, the BJ who caused my young daughter to cry and fear him when she saw him attack Colby, the BJ who stalked my sister in law, Jordan, and innocent baby nephew, Beckham. I DO NOT recognize that man.

What I do know is that Ring of Honor, my first home, and Concord, NC. have no idea what they have signed on for. I fear this will not stop at pain, at blood, at even a bell. This will not end until one or both of them are completely and utterly destroyed.
Wha--
Why is--
Who thought any--

Maybe I'm buying this PPV.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

This thread is now your one-stop LiveJournal for all things EVIL.

How much ridiculous pablum are they going to feed into this monstrous storyline? Why do we have this ringside view from Ian Riccaboni for one match? Just look at this:
Ian Riccaboni's #BITW View From Ringside wrote:Shortly after Global Wars, I found out that I would be making the trek to Concord, NC for the Best in the World Pay-Per-View. Over the last two years, I have worn many hats for Ring of Honor: in-arena host, backstage interviewer, and commentator for Future of Honor and Women of Honor. Never in my wildest dreams could I have envisioned what hat I would be wearing for one of ROH’s biggest events of the year.

Or the horror that I would witness.

On the surface, Steve Corino and B.J. Whitmer appears to be a situation that has gotten out of hand. Some think it started when Whitmer began to mentor Corino’s son Colby. Ardent fans may think it started months before with a misbegotten shove at HonorCon 2014. But deep in the caverns of their souls, the two men are driven by the same darkness, the same wickedness that is sewn deep in the fiber of their DNA. This is an issue that has existed since their creation.

Before every ROH event, I prepare for the matches I know I will be calling. And just in case, I review the entire card. After all, the first time I did commentary on a regular ROH show was a spur of the moment decision based on Steve Corino’s suspension the previous day and a suggestion by Bobby Cruise. Coming into Concord, I knew I’d be calling Donovan Dijak versus “Cauliflower” Chase Brown. But right before that match was to kick off, ROH Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness informed management he could not, in good conscious, provide commentary for the Ultimate Fight Without Honor.

The night flew by. I was stationed in the back, interviewing the winners of the night’s bouts. I had looked for Steve all day. He wasn’t anywhere to be found. Same for B.J. I saw Nigel leave his seat on our production monitor. I handed over the ROH microphone, took a deep breath, and made my way to the ring with Todd Sinclair.

When I took my seat next to Kevin Kelly, there was a buzz through the cold calm, followed by a roar. The fans in the arena and around the world saw a video package highlighting the hatred between these two men. For Steve, it was clear that B.J. had drawn out his inner darkness, using Steve’s beautiful wife Jordan and sons Colby and Beck to extract his demons. For B.J., there was a familial magnetism that has drawn him to Steve. To quote B.J. from one of his video messages “I hate you Steve, because I am you.”

I had goosebumps from the minute Steve took off his beanie to reveal his once-signature bleach blonde hair. As loud as the crowd erupted with love for Steve, they were as repulsed by B.J. At that point, I hadn’t considered that it was my first time live on pay-per-view or that I was calling a match that could end either men’s career. I have traveled, eaten, and roomed with both men in my short time in ROH. I did not want to see that happen.

Within the opening 30 seconds of the fight, Steve lost a tooth. For how much emotion drove each man, the veteran stars kept clear enough heads to target the weakest parts of their opponents. Or perhaps each man knew that focusing on Steve’s surgically repaired neck or B.J.’s surgically repaired knee would lead to the quickest route in ending the other’s career.

There have been so many nights my mentor Kevin Kelly has calmed me. But at Best in the World, I felt like the one that had to play it cool and do my best to balance Kevin. While Kevin usually only has to deal with my nervousness, I saw the weight of the world in Kevin’s eyes as he saw his best friend bloodied and the joy when Steve connected with the beer bottle. But even Kevin has a heart; I saw the disgust and the physical cringe Kevin’s body made when Steve used the rubbing alcohol to sting B.J.’s open wounds, perhaps realizing that, like Steve, B.J., too, has a family.

We found out who that family was in Concord. In the shadows, both Steve and B.J. had been greeted by what looked like the “Prince of Darkness”. By the end of the night, “The Father” had made his choice. I learned in theology class, Abraham once had to choose between his sons Isaac and Ishmael. And it is a tale that crosses all religions, cultures, and generations that unfolded just a few yards from my face. Kevin Sullivan had chosen B.J. Whitmer as the son of Evil.

As I tried to compose myself to return to the back and find Nigel to return to the booth, I had an opportunity to interview Sullivan and Whitmer. Sullivan spoke of the Choosen One, the son that would be chosen by The Father to inherit what was once the King’s. So many people believe the “King” moniker of Steve’s is just a shortened form of “King of Old School”. But as we found out, it is taken from the line of Evil, from the King, Curtis Iaukea. The Father is not happy that the Son attempted to usurp his power and claim the throne built by the King, the Father, and the Uncle, Mark Lewin but he is ready to bestow it on his chosen son.

In Concord, I saw and witnessed Evil. The Ultimate Fight Without Honor should have ended everything, but like Kevin Kelly said, I don’t think we saw the end of it. The Evil has been drawn out of King Corino and he is ready to defend his throne.
Why are they investing so much into this storyline? What do they hope will? Why would? Is this by demand of the talent involved or do the producers enjoy? I just don’t. I can't.

Fudge BJ Whitmer.
Fudge Steven Corino.
Fudge Kevin Sullivan.
Fudge stupid fudging Ian Riccaboni.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I'm sure Whitmer is thrilled to be the CHOOSEN ONE.

This is a creepypasta, right ? Also what the fuck is HonorCon and what the hell is he talking about ? Do we really need even more layers of random shit ?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

HonorCon was a convention ROH held in Philly before the 12th Anniversary Show in 2014. It was where they announced the first Global Wars and War of the Worlds.

However, this was the first I had heard of this particular incident. If it was something that was actually meant to be somewhat of a big deal, then how footage of it wasn't shown in video packages is beyond me.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Ian Riccaboni wrote:But even Kevin [Kelly] has a heart