Knights Of Rising Dawn?

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Thelone

Re: Knights Of Rising Dawn?

Post by Thelone »

Big Red Machine wrote:I guess you're right about Silas. I think my main complaint about him is that he hasn't had "ROH main eventer quality" matches when give the chance (i.e. against Steen). I'd be fine with him as an undercard heel, like I enjoy Caprice as an undercard babyface.
I kinda get the same vibe about Young lately. I love his character work and all, but he really doesn't have a big signature match in ROH yet and it's slowly starting to hurt him.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Robareid wrote:I'm shocked that you're throwing Silas in there, and I'm a big fan of Page and Castle too. Young is exactly the kind of guy, who was getting a lot of praise for his work in places like AAW, that matches the description of who you want brought in.
I guess you're right about Silas. I think my main complaint about him is that he hasn't had "ROH main eventer quality" matches when give the chance (i.e. against Steen). I'd be fine with him as an undercard heel, like I enjoy Caprice as an undercard babyface.
Who on the current roster is having those kinds of matches? It's an extremely select group of people. And honestly, how many of those opportunities has Silas had in the last couple years? I can only think of two: Steen and Elgin last summer. In my opinion his matches have been at least as good as most of Briscoe's and Lethal's recent ones, and we all agree he's a great character.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Robareid wrote:I'm shocked that you're throwing Silas in there, and I'm a big fan of Page and Castle too. Young is exactly the kind of guy, who was getting a lot of praise for his work in places like AAW, that matches the description of who you want brought in.
I guess you're right about Silas. I think my main complaint about him is that he hasn't had "ROH main eventer quality" matches when give the chance (i.e. against Steen). I'd be fine with him as an undercard heel, like I enjoy Caprice as an undercard babyface.
Who on the current roster is having those kinds of matches? It's an extremely select group of people. And honestly, how many of those opportunities has Silas had in the last couple years? I can only think of two: Steen and Elgin last summer. In my opinion his matches have been at least as good as most of Briscoe's and Lethal's recent ones, and we all agree he's a great character.
Cedric's had quite a few matches (both singles and not) that I'd rate at at least 8/10. Same with ACH, same with Hanson, same with Sydal. I'm not the biggest fan of the Briscoes as singles guys, but I'd trust them to deliver in a big singles main event more than I would Silas.
WHG

Post by WHG »

The fact that someone posted another KRD manifesto in the KRD thread and not one person since has even referred to it, instead choosing to debate how generally interesting & good Silas Young may be is a perfect illustration of how dull and tired this angle is.

Please let it fucking end in San Antonio.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

WHG wrote:The fact that someone posted another KRD manifesto in the KRD thread and not one person since has even referred to it, instead choosing to debate how generally interesting & good Silas Young may be is a perfect illustration of how dull and tired this angle is.

Please let it fucking end in San Antonio.
That is a fantastic point.

If the KRD end up being a bunch of bitter employees fighting ROH I will start advocating for Delirious to lose his job, cause that would be horrible. The best it can be is a group of new guys who are trying to win titles.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I liken Joe Koff to Jim Herd. I firmly believe he is responsible for the KRD angle in someway shape or form. Delirious can't be this awful of a booker can he?
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

the last 2 articles from the KRD makes it sound like a booking change is coming. maybe someone other than Delirious or Truth Martini will be booking the end of Lethal and Briscoe's title's reigns?
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I'm not sure I understand your logic there. You're saying Delirious is booking an angle that shoot puts him out of a job?
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Robareid wrote:I'm not sure I understand your logic there. You're saying Delirious is booking an angle that shoot puts him out of a job?
i don't know who'd be booking it. just reading it, it sounds like a kayfabe way of saying there's a booking change coming

i could be way off but certainly reading it that's what i thought right away
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

DirtyDave wrote:
Robareid wrote:I'm not sure I understand your logic there. You're saying Delirious is booking an angle that shoot puts him out of a job?
i don't know who'd be booking it. just reading it, it sounds like a kayfabe way of saying there's a booking change coming

i could be way off but certainly reading it that's what i thought right away
What would be the purpose of cryptically kayfabe referring to a booking change that hasn't even happened yet?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I'm confused. The KRD are going where no angle has gone before and make a booking change?!
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I'm confused. The KRD are going where no angle has gone before and make a booking change?!
WE GRANT MORRISON NOW

THE KRD ARE SCISSORMEN

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I may really be the only one, but the hints at "best wrestling" "best wrestlers" may point towards the arrival of some great wrestlers that we've been clamoring to be signed for ages. If that's the case I am totally fine with this angle. I may regret it, but I've got hope this turns out to be positive.
Last edited by JigsawVs.Jason on Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Nah, I said the same thing earlier. And got the idea from someone else's post even earlier.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
WHG

Post by WHG »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:I may really be the only one, but the hints at "best wrestling" "best wrestlers" may point towards the arrival of some great wrestlers that we've been clamoring to be signed for ages. If that's the case I am totally fine with this angle. I may regret it, but I've got hope this turns out to be positive.
This is a best-case scenario, where there are 3 new faces who are great wrestlers that people have wanted in the company for a long time. You're right that the verbiage used hints at this, so maybe that's the case.

That said...and this is my biggest issue with the entire angle...no matter who it is, the fact that they've been hanging out in red masks and hoodies for 3 months makes no sense and hurts them as they come in to the promotion, regardless of who it is. The best we can hope for is that the reveal happens and they drop the KRD thing immediately and pray that fans quickly forget it ever happened because the talent is so awesome.

I'm still skeptical it's not some bad repackaging of current talent (with maybe 1 new person) and another tired anti-authority angle.

If it is new talent, then after the reveal, we should start a re-booking thread and I'm guessing every post will come up with a scenario to introduce whoever it is that is more compelling.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

I don't remember, when did this storyline start ? And how long have the members of the KRD been featured on TV ?
ImageImage
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

They aired the first vignettes in January IIRC.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

AssShooter wrote:I don't remember, when did this storyline start ? And how long have the members of the KRD been featured on TV ?
Toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnng...

I am cosmetically pleasing.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Really ? Wow...

Also, it could be nothing, but take a closer look at this video, especially at 1mn24 (it's VERY quick) :
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Either they're connected or everyone and their mum wants to rip off Anonymous ripping off V For Vendetta.
Last Real Man Hype