Knights Of Rising Dawn?

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DBSommer

Re: Knights Of Rising Dawn?

Post by DBSommer »

The angle is so dull I can't get motivated enough to be disappointed whenever the 'big reveal' happens. I've gone into the zone of pure ambivalence.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

this needs to be something very good and solid....

lets wait and see whats gonna happen.
WHG

Post by WHG »

They've already blown the only scenario that would have been good:

Playing off the "We're going to make the needed changes" comment, they should have shown them in the editing booth cutting together the new show open that was finally updated a couple months ago...then shown them sneaking into the arena and installing the tron at a TV taping. The payoff could have been this weekend, when they put up an overhead lighting rig and an improved audio system...only to reveal themselves as a pair of production techs with their leader...Jim Ross.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Then they enter a feud with Moose and Cheesburger, that after one show culminates in a loser leaves town and gets replaced by Biff Busick, Trevor Lee, Monster Mafia, and a few other people that ROH should've signed long time ago match, where they beat them in ten seconds, and leave afterwards themselves too, but not before they've replaced Delirious with a better booker.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

jordidebaas wrote:Biff Busick, Trevor Lee, Monster Mafia, and a few other people that ROH should've signed long time ago match
The promo sounds like something some unsigned talents could have cut.
I won't be surprised if they had some matches in ROH but never get signed even if they impressed the fans/other wrestlers and the guys you quote could absolutely filled the spot.
If Busick is signed somewhere else, replace him with Chris Dickinson and i think you aren't too far from who KRD are.
ImageImage
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

187_Joeism wrote: The infrastructure of Ring of Honor is misinformed. There are men in positions of power, men who have been called "icons" and "pioneers" of this company who have perpetuated the idea that "internet popularity" and "ROH loyalty" are more important to success than talent and drive.
Sounds like an anti-Decade. Maybe they're the ones who will kayfabe-kill Jimmy.

Gotta say, I'm intrigued. My biggest pet peeve with modern ROH is their talent acquisition philosophy. Very few guys with buzz get hired these days, compared to when Gabe was in charge. They'd rather make their "own" guys.

If it is indeed guys like Biff & Lee & Dickinson, I'm all aboard. If it's just another wave of jabronie castoffs from the Future of Honor shows, it's shit. Which would also make that part about "embracing mediocrity" really, really ironic. Maybe they're simply a bunch of arrogant pissants with no self-awareness, like the Decade.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

AssShooter wrote:
jordidebaas wrote:Biff Busick, Trevor Lee, Monster Mafia, and a few other people that ROH should've signed long time ago match
The promo sounds like something some unsigned talents could have cut.
I won't be surprised if they had some matches in ROH but never get signed even if they impressed the fans/other wrestlers and the guys you quote could absolutely filled the spot.
If Busick is signed somewhere else, replace him with Chris Dickinson and i think you aren't too far from who KRD are.
I was actually not saying those guys were the KRD.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Can't believe it's taken me this long to notice, but they're basically trying AND failing to do Anonymous with the KRD.
Last Real Man Hype
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Right now this angle has the same appeal to me as the great mystery of who took a shit in the Carnage Crew's wrestling gear from the early days.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Right now this angle has the same appeal to me as the great mystery of who took a shit in the Carnage Crew's wrestling gear from the early days.

i know folks who were very fond of that angle.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

BlackLesnar wrote:Gotta say, I'm intrigued. My biggest pet peeve with modern ROH is their talent acquisition philosophy. Very few guys with buzz get hired these days, compared to when Gabe was in charge. They'd rather make their "own" guys.
I really disagree with that statement. Styles, Joe, The Addiction, Sydal, Young Bucks, El Patron, Baretta, Romero, etc.
I assume you're meaning indie wrestlers with buzz, but the names I just mentioned are a lot more valuable in terms of appealing to both the hardcore and casual fanbase. Bringing in the very top indie names in addition is probably not at all affordable.
The TPT this year, while not any major names, definitely had some good talent plus you have the occasionals like Alexander, Dickinson, Castle, etc. plus the NJPW fly-ins.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

WHG wrote:The payoff could have been this weekend, when they put up an overhead lighting rig and an improved audio system...only to reveal themselves as a pair of production techs with their leader...Jim Ross.
Let's give JR 10 minutes of promo time every week to reiterate his thoughts on barbecue sauce and lighting.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Sardonic Artery wrote:
WHG wrote:The payoff could have been this weekend, when they put up an overhead lighting rig and an improved audio system...only to reveal themselves as a pair of production techs with their leader...Jim Ross.
Let's give JR 10 minutes of promo time every week to reiterate his thoughts on barbecue sauce and lighting.
We joke but rambling, talk over everyone else, say the same thing every week JR would be an amazing heel in ROH.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

lariat_tubman wrote:
Sardonic Artery wrote:
We joke but rambling, talk over everyone else, say the same thing every week JR would be an amazing heel in ROH.
"Y'see, folks, Adam Cole got himself an education just in case this wrestling thing didn't pan out. Makes sense to me - but then again maybe I'm just old skewl..."
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

dark patriot wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Right now this angle has the same appeal to me as the great mystery of who took a shit in the Carnage Crew's wrestling gear from the early days.

i know folks who were very fond of that angle.
I thought it was great. It wasn't so much the mystery that mattered as it was the idea that this is the sort of thing that the Carnage Crew, who wrestle to blow of steam their week at their crappy jobs and nagging wives and children, would get REALLY pissed about- even more so than anyone else- because you're not just sh*tting in their bags. You are coming to the place where they go to relax, and completely ruining that for them.
Big Red Machine

BlackLesnar wrote: My biggest pet peeve with modern ROH is their talent acquisition philosophy. Very few guys with buzz get hired these days, compared to when Gabe was in charge. They'd rather make their "own" guys.

If it is indeed guys like Biff & Lee & Dickinson, I'm all aboard. If it's just another wave of jabronie castoffs from the Future of Honor shows, it's shit. Which would also make that part about "embracing mediocrity" really, really ironic. Maybe they're simply a bunch of arrogant pissants with no self-awareness, like the Decade.
Totally agree with you. A lot of the guys they have started using on more regular basis recently (Adam Page, Jay Diesel, Silas Young, Will Ferrara, Dalton Castle) are just... guys. Yes, Silas and Dalton have a lot of character, but that doesn't help much if they are decent at best in the ring most of the time. I'd rather they be aggressively going after a lot of the guys you mentioned, or even just a show like Owen Travers who had really good match on the undercard last year- I'd rather see him more than any of the other guys I listed (aside from maybe Adam Page).
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I'm shocked that you're throwing Silas in there, and I'm a big fan of Page and Castle too. Young is exactly the kind of guy, who was getting a lot of praise for his work in places like AAW, that matches the description of who you want brought in.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

A Legend fell to Lethal. The most dominant ROH Champion in history fell to Jay Briscoe... The Kingdom fell to the Dragon... Interesting.

In order to bring out competition a change is needed to make those athletes channel another level of drive. Ring of Honor suffers from predictability. Champions who remain dominant need to be challenged. There will be a unpredictability. Towing the line seems like a popular consensus that has weakened wrestlers. There will be a change. There will be a rise. Ring of Honor was meant to be the BEST professional wrestlers in the world. Not the NICEST. Not the FRIENDLIEST. THE BEST.

We have seen first hand what there is to offer and what there is to do. It has all been designed in a way that culminates very soon. We will make the change needed.

KRD
Big Red Machine

Robareid wrote:I'm shocked that you're throwing Silas in there, and I'm a big fan of Page and Castle too. Young is exactly the kind of guy, who was getting a lot of praise for his work in places like AAW, that matches the description of who you want brought in.
I guess you're right about Silas. I think my main complaint about him is that he hasn't had "ROH main eventer quality" matches when give the chance (i.e. against Steen). I'd be fine with him as an undercard heel, like I enjoy Caprice as an undercard babyface.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Silas Young has that anti- hero vibe going for him . He is not going to pander to anyone ego . Guy is under valued , could be a main event player.