Knights Of Rising Dawn?

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Robareid

Re: Knights Of Rising Dawn?

Post by Robareid »

Well I didn't really like the angle to begin with, but I think for what it is the reveal is good. Solid execution of an angle that's played out, but once it had been started this was one of the better outcomes from reports, although I'll have to wait to see how it plays out on TV.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Agree with Robareid, the reveal sounds very good and makes perfect sense as far as the time of the reveal is concerned.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

I like the sound of it! Much better than I thought it would be
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

AssShooter wrote:I'm not sure it's really "over".
Spoiler: show
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153146614406328
In this video recap, KK said "The Addiction & Chris Sabin were all part of the KRD".
Are there more members of the KRD then ?
The mask part of it is, in any case. Now they're a faction. I suppose they can add to it, but 3 tends to be a good number to work with.
AM Dragon

Post by AM Dragon »

DBSommer wrote:
AssShooter wrote:I'm not sure it's really "over".
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153146614406328
In this video recap, KK said "The Addiction & Chris Sabin were all part of the KRD".
Are there more members of the KRD then ?
The mask part of it is, in any case. Now they're a faction. I suppose they can add to it, but 3 tends to be a good number to work with.
3-5 is usually my ideal number especially if the group is trying to collect titles. 1 World Title competitor, 1 Midcard Title competitor, 1 tag team and then either an enforcer or a mouthpiece as the 5th.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Please, please, please don't do the giant heel stable shtick.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Yeah, keep it as a trio. Any larger and every program has to be involved with them somehow.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

would be cool if they'd book a couple of trios matches. KRD vs Bullet Club (Styles, Bucks) would be awesome at the NJPW shows.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I hope moving forward it's just a heel trio and the whole KRD concept is never mentioned again.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

187_Joeism wrote:I am glad i waited for the revealed before complaining, looking foward to see how they book them.
They built it up for around 3 months and played a significant role in a PPV main event, I think the statute of limitations on "wait and see" was up and opinions were earned.

That said, the TV spoilers don't seem like a terrible outcome.
We get an excuse to turn reDRagon babyface, they bloodied O'Reilly which we don't see much and is the sort of thing lacking in SCUM's debut (and tenure) and this will hopefully revitalise The Addiction.
[/spoiler]
Last edited by Marketh. on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Real Man Hype
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

definitely like the addition of Sabin to the roster, little overdue. Also really like him being paired with Daniels and Kazarian.

As for the angle going forward hopefully it is just a heel group and nothing about taking over ROH because thats obivously been beaten to death. But I do feel theres another member waiting to be revealed, cause I honestly don't see Sabin as a World Title contender, I could see one more big reveal and have them maybe collect all the titles.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Not that I'm advocating just dropping storylines, but un this case I wouldn't care. Just keep the revealed group together as a heel faction without going into the "we're going to change ROH and the people in charge" stuff. I also agree on limiting the size. They may be using KRD as a trio replacement to The Decade, assuming The Decade becomes more of a "Whitmer and friends" type deal.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Not that I'm advocating just dropping storylines, but un this case I wouldn't care. Just keep the revealed group together as a heel faction without going into the "we're going to change ROH and the people in charge" stuff. I also agree on limiting the size. They may be using KRD as a trio replacement to The Decade, assuming The Decade becomes more of a "Whitmer and friends" type deal.
Completely agree.

We have The Decade, The Kindgom, The House of Truth and now the KRD, then you can kinda include Moose, Veda and Stokely into that list too. Too say its a bit overkill is an understatement to say the least.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I'm hopeful soon you'll be able to remove The Kingdom from that list and just have Cole solo. Taven and Bennett with Maria have evolved into a solid act now and have benefitted far more from hanging out with Cole than he has with them. I think you can safely split them up for the better and you wouldn't even need to turn Cole babyface either.
Last Real Man Hype
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Marketh. wrote:I'm hopeful soon you'll be able to remove The Kingdom from that list and just have Cole solo. Taven and Bennett with Maria have evolved into a solid act now and have benefitted far more from hanging out with Cole than he has with them. I think you can safely split them up for the better and you wouldn't even need to turn Cole babyface either.
Completely agree about the Kindgom with Cole splitting, but I feel like we could get an awesome Babyface Cole feuding against the Kingdom getting awesome matches out of Bennett and Taven.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

The concept wasn't to bring competition and unpredictability into the titles contention with deserving and dedicated challengers ?
They have to chase every championship then, it would made sense if at least one member was still missing.
With 3 veterans, they could add a new face, someone with some recognition in the independent scene.
Especially because i'm not really optimist about what
Chris Sabin
can bring on the table.
ImageImage
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Yeah, we've had this discussion before. Sabin, for whatever reason -- surgeries, better as a tag team wrestler, etc. -- doesn't do it for me anymore.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Am I glad that
Daniels
finally has something to do? Yes. I still think the whole KRD thing was weak. Moving forward the only thing that can save this angle from mediocrity is
Daniels'
mic work. Otherwise the whole outsider angle was done with him 2002-2003.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Remember this is still a spoiler guys. Use the spoiler tags, some people may still be trying to avoid the reveal till the TV episode airs.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »