Knights Of Rising Dawn?

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Wilson

Re: Knights Of Rising Dawn?

Post by Wilson »

I would like to request to simply append “Spoilers” to the title of this thread—if the mods do in fact have that sort of control. Sorting through spoiler blocks in each post is a bit ridiculous.

Now that I have myself read the results I can confidently say—if I may borrow one of those epigrammatic Austin-isms—that is turning chicken shit into chicken salad.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

So after seeing SCOH, I'm wondering,
Spoiler: show
why did they interfere in the tag title match? If reDRagon would've lost, they wouldn't have gotten a shot at the tag titles
Also, is there any sense in them interfering with the world title match at the 13th anniversary, or other matches they interfered in (can't remember which matches they interfered in)?
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

I've only read the results, so I'll have to wait to comment, but if there's not a convincing arguement why these people,
especially two people who work for the company
, sat in the audience in red masks and did the Kingdom's finishing moves while interfereing in the world title match, the angle still falls flat.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I've moved this over to the spoilers section of the board.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

The Addiction to defend the ROH World Tag Team Titles in the UK.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Who knew the Backlash font would see the light of day again?
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

From PWInsider's preview of this week's TV:
Scheduled for this week's Ring of Honor TV:

*ROH Tag Team Champions reDRagon vs. The Addiction.

*The BDK will be revealed.

*BJ Whitmer vs. Moose vs. Caprice Coleman vs. Will Ferrara

*Also appearing are Adam Page and more.
Even if it's your job to care about the KRD, it's difficult.
Last Real Man Hype
teterewr

Post by teterewr »

Marketh. wrote:From PWInsider's preview of this week's TV:
Scheduled for this week's Ring of Honor TV:

*ROH Tag Team Champions reDRagon vs. The Addiction.

*The BDK will be revealed.

*BJ Whitmer vs. Moose vs. Caprice Coleman vs. Will Ferrara

*Also appearing are Adam Page and more.
Even if it's your job to care about the KRD, it's difficult.
Haha, insert the customary "Did they employ Sin Cara' joke here
How does Sabin tie in to this though thats what im wondering
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

WHAT'S NEXT FOR THE KRD?

It is said the true function of a prophecy is not to tell the future, but make the future. The Knights of the Rising Dawn, ROH World Tag Team Champions Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian, along with Chris Sabin, have been dispensing cryptic messages on ROH Television for weeks. They made it known they were unhappy that their influence on the rise of Ring of Honor to wrestling supremacy was built on their backs, all while the heart and soul of the company withered away. They let every champion know that they were undeserving of holding their championships. They informed Ring of Honor that the KRD could no longer stand by and watch a “misguided regime” destroy something they held dearly.

The KRD spent weeks spent weeks promoting unpredictability. They provided that unpredictability at crucial moments. They attacked during the main event of the 13th Anniversary Pay Per View Spectacular. They used psychological ploys such as mimicking the mannerisms of The Kingdom to create confusion as to their true identities. They were ruthless in their pursuit of creating chaos.

The chaos and unpredictable nature of the group was all by design. Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian used their personal relationship with Nigel McGuinness to call in a favor to receive one last chance at the ROH World Tag Team Championships recently in San Antonio, Texas. The duo played on the sympathies of McGuinness and he calculated risk off as they left San Antonio as the new ROH World Tag Team Champions!

The manipulations on that day were clear: get reDRagon’s titles on the line by any means. Catch them off guard, while using the element of surprise to obvious advantage. Fish & O’Reilly were battling Daniels & Kaz in a classic when a KRD member introduced himself into the match. He was run off, with reDRagon momentarily distracted and this allowed The Addiction to capitalize and capture the championships. Both teams cornered the masked KRD member and ripped his mask off revealing former World Champion Chris Sabin! At this moment with reDRagon in shock, Daniels and Kazarian nailed the stunned duo with the championship belts. With jaws in the building agape, Daniels, Kazarian and Sabin revealed that they were in fact The Knights of The Rising Dawn.

With one championship down, they will now seemingly have their sights set on ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe and ROH World Television Champion Jay Lethal. Having made enemies of reDRagon, #reborn Matt Sydal, ACH, The Briscoes and War Machine, they have set themselves up to be open targets for those seeking revenge. The aforementioned superstars are all lining up to get their hands on the KRD, putting an inordinate amount of pressure on the group who are still implementing their plan of attack.

The KRD have mentioned they will destroy those who perpetuate the idea that “internet popularity” and “ROH loyalty” are more important that talent and drive. They are here to stop the preferential treatment of those they deem to be “company men”. Released manifestos indicated they are not here to play politics and will banish those who choose politicking over using their in-ring talent to prove themselves. While admirable in intent, the actions they have chosen are far from it.

The Knights of The Rising Dawn have not been heard from since they publicly revealed themselves, leading us to wonder what is next. Who is next on the agenda? Is there anyone in the locker room that is hands off or is everyone fair game? Do they have a specific game plan? Daniels, Kaz and Sabin have proven that unpredictability is their best ally.

The Knights of the Rising Dawn have risen and Ring of Honor must prepare for its wrath. They are not here to be the nicest nor the friendliest. They are here to be the best! Their silence has created questions. When will we receive their next manifesto? When will we know what their full agenda is? The KRD are a mystery and that’s exactly how they want it.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

monster mafia wrote:WHAT'S NEXT FOR THE KRD?

It is said the true function of a prophecy is not to tell the future, but make the future. The Knights of the Rising Dawn, ROH World Tag Team Champions Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian, along with Chris Sabin, have been dispensing cryptic messages on ROH Television for weeks. They made it known they were unhappy that their influence on the rise of Ring of Honor to wrestling supremacy was built on their backs, all while the heart and soul of the company withered away. They let every champion know that they were undeserving of holding their championships. They informed Ring of Honor that the KRD could no longer stand by and watch a “misguided regime” destroy something they held dearly.

The KRD spent weeks spent weeks promoting unpredictability. They provided that unpredictability at crucial moments. They attacked during the main event of the 13th Anniversary Pay Per View Spectacular. They used psychological ploys such as mimicking the mannerisms of The Kingdom to create confusion as to their true identities. They were ruthless in their pursuit of creating chaos.

The chaos and unpredictable nature of the group was all by design. Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian used their personal relationship with Nigel McGuinness to call in a favor to receive one last chance at the ROH World Tag Team Championships recently in San Antonio, Texas. The duo played on the sympathies of McGuinness and he calculated risk off as they left San Antonio as the new ROH World Tag Team Champions!

The manipulations on that day were clear: get reDRagon’s titles on the line by any means. Catch them off guard, while using the element of surprise to obvious advantage. Fish & O’Reilly were battling Daniels & Kaz in a classic when a KRD member introduced himself into the match. He was run off, with reDRagon momentarily distracted and this allowed The Addiction to capitalize and capture the championships. Both teams cornered the masked KRD member and ripped his mask off revealing former World Champion Chris Sabin! At this moment with reDRagon in shock, Daniels and Kazarian nailed the stunned duo with the championship belts. With jaws in the building agape, Daniels, Kazarian and Sabin revealed that they were in fact The Knights of The Rising Dawn.

With one championship down, they will now seemingly have their sights set on ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe and ROH World Television Champion Jay Lethal. Having made enemies of reDRagon, #reborn Matt Sydal, ACH, The Briscoes and War Machine, they have set themselves up to be open targets for those seeking revenge. The aforementioned superstars are all lining up to get their hands on the KRD, putting an inordinate amount of pressure on the group who are still implementing their plan of attack.

The KRD have mentioned they will destroy those who perpetuate the idea that “internet popularity” and “ROH loyalty” are more important that talent and drive. They are here to stop the preferential treatment of those they deem to be “company men”. Released manifestos indicated they are not here to play politics and will banish those who choose politicking over using their in-ring talent to prove themselves. While admirable in intent, the actions they have chosen are far from it.

The Knights of The Rising Dawn have not been heard from since they publicly revealed themselves, leading us to wonder what is next. Who is next on the agenda? Is there anyone in the locker room that is hands off or is everyone fair game? Do they have a specific game plan? Daniels, Kaz and Sabin have proven that unpredictability is their best ally.

The Knights of the Rising Dawn have risen and Ring of Honor must prepare for its wrath. They are not here to be the nicest nor the friendliest. They are here to be the best! Their silence has created questions. When will we receive their next manifesto? When will we know what their full agenda is? The KRD are a mystery and that’s exactly how they want it.
this article just reminded me of the whereabouts of Nigel. He's been gone for seemingly a while now.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I hope these three together have legs, because they have as much personality as anyone else on the roster. Even though the roster is lacking top heels at the moment, I would only wish to have these three survive their “agendas” as long as necessary.

His group of guys were predicted to succeed the aging generation of TNA, but that sort of just inheritance never happened to them. In a sense they are failed artists and to some degree they should be aware of this—they are historically at the tail-end of their career. I see this as a good chance to reignite that spark when they were first doing their Bad Influence characters. They’re about culture, counterculture, absurdism, and irreverence, if not for the sake of story then only for the sake of itself. I want to see them together do their best to dispel the notion that their best is behind them and, while they may not be as sprightly as they once were, they are more engaging than they have ever been due to their eccentric characters.

In short, let’s do Bad Influence 2.0, let’s push them in the upper card, and let them have their zany, wacky, nutty, party-in-a-can type attitudes intact, uninterrupted, and encouraged.
I thought Bad Influence was the most entertaining team of characters in the past ten years. I want more of it. They’re great!