Knights Of Rising Dawn?

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
GardenStateSaint

Re: Knights Of Rising Dawn?

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Sardonic Artery wrote:
Marketh. wrote:I don't think it's funny at all, I think it would've been genuinely good but only if they hadn't gotten involved in a PPV main event.

I'd love to see it be the Bravados and for them to still be goofy, but now in a more sinister way like how Outlaw Inc. tried to be but failed because Homicide sucks.
Good. I'm glad there's someone who gives Argyle in wrestling the respect it deserves.
Matt Striker.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

I'm not sure where this KRD thing is going. I assume that it was the KRD at Vegas doing the Kingdom's moves just to screw with the Briscoes and The Kingdom.

I'd love it to be guys like Chuck Taylor and Gargano.
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:If ROH were a cheesy video game:
Knights of the Rising Dawn have some sort of mystical power, and one by one other members of the roster start morphing into KRD foot soldiers. But you never know who the new addition is; just that there's an additional member and you slowly start realizing which members of the roster are "missing." Eventually the whole roster is turned and it comes down to the Briscoes vs the KRD army in a one match event where they have to fight off wave after wave of KRD. Before the final wave, the leader is revealed to be (K)ing (RD) evans. The Briscoes fend off the final wave and defeat the big boss, RD Evans. The rest of the roster loses the masks and is restored to normal.

Ok...enough of that nonsense.
I kinda want this to happen...
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Maybe i am just a positive guy but i don´t understand why complaining about this without knowing who they are, what they want and that stuff. If you think you are not going to like it you probably won´t.

Don´t mean you can´t complain, this is a forum and you can say what you want just my two cents.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

187_Joeism wrote:Maybe i am just a positive guy but i don´t understand why complaining about this without knowing who they are, what they want and that stuff. If you think you are not going to like it you probably won´t.

Don´t mean you can´t complain, this is a forum and you can say what you want just my two cents.
Plenty of us believe the wrestlers themselves can be fine; it's just the gimmick that's well worn but usually not well done. Masked men, bloated heel stables, etc. -- that stuff falls over fairly quick.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

We don´t know the gimmick yet, the masked stuff is a little bit overused i agree.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Like I've said before, I won't complain about it until the reveal.
MAXAKASINNER

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

damasta414 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks KRD is Monster MAfia and Shane Hollister?
Monster Mafia work with ROH now, at times, so that's a possibility but Shane Hollister retired a few months ago.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

As much as I'd love for it to be Monster Mafia, I doubt it. I remember not that long ago Ethan Page tweeted something along the lines of bashing him having to change his name in ROH when they had a tag match where 3 out of the 4 guys' name were "Jay" which I completely agree.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

MAXAKASINNER wrote:
damasta414 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks KRD is Monster MAfia and Shane Hollister?
Monster Mafia work with ROH now, at times, so that's a possibility but Shane Hollister retired a few months ago.
Hollister´s not retired, he came out of retirement like a month after he announced it.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
MAXAKASINNER

Post by MAXAKASINNER »

jordidebaas wrote:
MAXAKASINNER wrote:
Hollister´s not retired, he came out of retirement like a month after he announced it.
My mistake, I only remember it happening and then not seeing him since.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

jordidebaas wrote:Hollister´s not retired, he came out of retirement like a month after he announced it.
Only 6 more retirements until it sticks.*

*Unless you're Terry Funk.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

krd ruined another match on tv last night. these guys are brutal. dumbest angle
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

if they legit just dropped this angle overnight I don't think anyone would notice and/or care
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

It's just such a TNA angle.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I feel stupid at this point even caring enough to think about this angle, but any possibility there could be a NJPW tie in to build something for the May shows or pay it off there? Rising dawn and "land of the rising sun" would make sense and is what made me think of that. Maybe NJPW is sending a few lower-card guys for an extended stay and the reveal will happen at the shows?

Okay, now back to just hating the angle.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I was actually thinking they are about Kingdom's using Knights to protect them back in their day...and how they've interfered in quite a bit of Kingdom's matches.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Using the Kingdom's moves, etc., pretty much guarantees that they actually have nothing to do with the Kingdom.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Or, they could be using their moves as they're doing what their bosses (The Kingdom) are telling them to do.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

WHG wrote:I feel stupid at this point even caring enough to think about this angle, but any possibility there could be a NJPW tie in to build something for the May shows or pay it off there? Rising dawn and "land of the rising sun" would make sense and is what made me think of that. Maybe NJPW is sending a few lower-card guys for an extended stay and the reveal will happen at the shows?

Okay, now back to just hating the angle.
I like this idea, but it's too good to be true.