Official Conquest Tour (TV Tapings) Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DXvsNWO1994

Official Conquest Tour (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I've decided to do something a little bit different, in order to avoid TV Spoilers. I'm going to make two separate threads for The Conquest Tour. This one will be for the TV Tapings only, which thus far includes Baltimore & San Antonio.

ROH returns to two regular stops on the circuit for a set of National TV Tapings! Here are the cards with other announced talents:

ROH The Conquest Tour: Baltimore
Baltimore, Maryland 3/7/15

- Samoa Joe vs. ROH World Tag Team Champion Kyle O'Reilly
- IWGP Heavyweight Champion "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Mark Briscoe
- ROH World TV Title - Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini) vs. 2015 Top Prospect Tournament Winner Donovan Dijak
- The Young Bucks vs. The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Michael Bennett with Maria Kanellis)
- ACH & Matt Sydal vs. - The Addiction ("The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian)
- Roderick Strong vs. ROH World Tag Team Champion Bobby Fish
- "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Will Ferrara
- Moose (with Stokely Hathaway & Veda Scott) vs. Caprice Coleman

Signed To Appear:

- ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe
- War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe)
- The Decade (BJ Whitmer, Jimmy Jacobs & Adam Page)

ROH The Conquest Tour: San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas 4/4/15

- The Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) vs. War Machine (Hanson & Ray Rowe)
- Six-Man Tag - Alberto El Patron, ACH & Matt Sydal vs. Roderick Strong & The Briscoes
- ROH World Tag Team Titles (if reDRagon retain on 3/27) - reDRagon vs. The Addiction ("The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian)
- "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Cedric Alexander
- Open Challenge - ROH World TV Title - Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini) vs. TBD
- Donovan Dijak vs. Dalton Castle

Signed To Appear:

- The Decade (BJ Whitmer & Adam Page)
- Caprice Coleman
- Moose (with Stokely Hathaway & Veda Scott)

Keep all discussions (including spoilers) here...
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 14 times in total.
187_Joeism

Re: Official Conquest Tour (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by 187_Joeism »

I they don´t do it before the San Antonio`s show is the perfect show for Rowe to return.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Agreed. He should be ready to return by then, if he isn't already.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Well Rowe is wrestling in AIW this weekend, so we know he's been cleared to return. Maybe he's just working a few other indies for now to get the ring rust off before coming back to ROH.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Maybe they're just finishing up Hanson's singles run and reDRagon's reign in a logical way, and then will bring Rowe back when it makes sense from a booking perspective.

I think a lot of people feel like War Machine has a good shot at the tag titles when Rowe comes back. If that's the plan it would be much better to have them win the belts when they're pretty freshly re-united rather than having them idle in the mid-card for months beforehand or give Rowe a meaningless singles run. So if the plan is for reDRagon to hold the belts for another extended period of time, it makes sense to hold off on Rowe's return as well.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I hope they give Rowe some mic time when he´s back, i was impressed with him on his AIW return promo.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Well Rowe is wrestling in AIW this weekend, so we know he's been cleared to return. Maybe he's just working a few other indies for now to get the ring rust off before coming back to ROH.
That's what he's doing. Tommaso Ciampa was working for a month before ROH brought him back after his torn ACL.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

the baltimore show should be interesting

it will not only be the fallout from las vegas
but it will be a 'new season' with whole new storylines

i am interested in why it is called the conquest tour?
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Because every season needs a generic tour name now apparently (Summer Heat, Reloaded, Winter Warriors and Conquest).
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Added The Young Bucks vs. The Kingdom to the Baltimore TV Tapings.

Also, it's interesting to note that The Kingdom isn't booked, at the moment, for the TV Tapings in San Antonio. I've been seeing a few people say on Twitter that Taven & Bennett are winning the Three-Way Tag Team Match at the PPV to set up a future match with The Bullet Club vs. The Kingdom for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Titles in New Japan, since apparently they're very high on them (mainly for Maria), and since Yujiro isn't coming out with nearly-naked women anymore (or at least not nearly as many or as often), they want The Kingdom for that purpose.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I read that New Japan wanted to push them so that booking makes sense, they are also starting to grow as a team if the armageddon match report are any evidence so i am looking foward to that.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Added Samoa Joe to the talent list for Baltimore.
Lemo

Post by Lemo »

Joes sounds amazing
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

187_Joeism wrote:I read that New Japan wanted to push them so that booking makes sense, they are also starting to grow as a team if the armageddon match report are any evidence so i am looking foward to that.
If thats true thats great for them. As many people I wasn't to high on either guys seperately, even in the earlier stages of their team, but Bennett/Taven have really grown on me.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Why are there only three matches announced for this show? It's happening in fucking four days
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Chief

Post by Chief »

Things aren't sounding too good for Ciampa to be in Baltimore this weekend.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

I'd like to see another Bullet Club Trios match.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Sounds like whatever injury Ciampa suffered isn't incredibly serious, which is good news, but I still hope he turns out ok. It'd be a shame if he had to take a few weeks off and miss the change to wrestle AJ Styles.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

TYFDK wrote:http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/oreill ... -baltimore

O'Reilly vs. Joe in Baltimore!!!
Looks like this match is trending in every thread. lol
ImageImage
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Article on this weekend's TV Tapings with new matches announced:

[quote]Ring of Honor is back in Baltimore for another night of action filmed for ROH TV! This Saturday, March 7th, be there LIVE to see the in-ring return of ROH legend and former World Champion, SAMOA JOE! Plus, the winner of the 2015 TOP PROSPECT TOURNAMENT gets the biggest opportunity of his young career when he faces JAY LETHAL in a World Television Championship match!

Matches signed...

SAMOA JOE vs. KYLE O'REILLY

Ring Of Honor's 13TH ANNIVERSARY Pay-Per-View saw the return of the former ROH World Champion Samoa Joe! The raucous crowd in Sin City listened intently as he made it known that he is coming back for the championship which he held for a record setting 645 days. Obviously, Joe's sights are set on current Champion, Jay Briscoe. But there are steps he needs to take on the way.

That path starts this Saturday night in Baltimore against one half of the ROH World Tag Team Champions, Kyle O'Reilly. This is a dream match-up for many. The two have very similar hard hitting, MMA based styles. O'Reilly is clearly an elite tag team wrestler as one half of reDRagon. A win over the record setting former world champion would add to O'Reilly's already impressive resume. But The Samoan Submission Machine is not coming home to lose! He is here to regain the ROH World Championship. Can O'Reilly stop him? Can anyone stop him?

AJ STYLES vs. TOMMASO CIAMPA

Styles, the leader of the controversial Bullet Club, has been on a roll for over a year, having defeated some of the very best in Ring of Honor and the world. With his recent win over Hiroshi Tanahashi to regain the IWGP Heavyweight title, Styles has more momentum than ever. But coming into Baltimore he will be facing a new monster. One who is unstable and willing to go to extreme lengths to gain a victory.

Ciampa intended to arrive in Baltimore as the new Ring of Honor World Champion. He took on "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin, Hanson and Jay Briscoe in a "Winner Takes All" melee at the 13TH ANNIVERSARY in Las Vegas. Jay Briscoe retained, but the match was steeped in controversy. It was also brutally destructive for all involved. We have no explicit word on what condition Ciampa is in, physically. But there's no doubt that mentally he's angrier and more volatile than ever.

This is a first time match up at a crucial time for both. You will not want to miss the collision between “The Sicilian Psychopath” and “The Phenomenal One”!

THE KINGDOM w/MARIA KANELLIS vs. THE YOUNG BUCKS

Michael Bennett and Matt Taven are a relatively new tag team, but in the short time they've been working together, they have become an amazingly cohesive unit! Although most disagree with the tactics and arrogance of The Kingdom, there's absolutely no denying they are on their way to ROH World Tag Team gold if they continue on this path. And now in Baltimore they'll face current IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions, The Young Bucks!

The Bucks came up short in their challenge against current champions and longtime rivals reDRagon at the 13TH ANNIVERSARY, just weeks after they managed to defeat Fish and O'Reilly in Japan to win back the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight titles. But even in defeat, this amazing match proved The Young Bucks continue to be the ultimate measuring stick for every other tag team in professional wrestling. This is a huge opportunity for The Kingdom to prove they can hang as a team with the best in the world! And it goes without saying that this is exactly the sort of match that could push The Kingdom straight into title contention.

Any match featuring The Young Bucks instantly becomes "must see" the second its announced. And The Kingdom has never shied away from attention either, especially with Maria Kanellis at their side. Don't miss it!

ACH & MATT SYDAL vs. THE ADDICTION

The team of Matt Sydal and ACH is picking up steam quickly and now they test themselves against The Addiction! Two of the most exciting athletes in wrestling take on two of the most skilled and experienced live in Baltimore. ACH and Matt Sydal had a competitive rivalry, but as a team they obviously push each other even harder. On the cusp of the announcement that ACH will take on Samoa Joe just one week later, eyes will be focused even more intently on this match.

Every single tag team victory in ROH matters as the current scene is so jam-packed and competitive. EVERYONE is looking to earn a shot at reDRagon! There's no place on the planet like ROH to see tag team wrestling . This match could steal the entire show!

CAPRICE COLEMAN vs. MOOSE w/STOKELY HATHAWAY & VEDA SCOTT

The seemingly unstoppable MOOSE is fresh off a victory against Mark Briscoe at the 13TH ANNIVERSARY! But after his big win, it looked like Moose, at the urging of Stokely Hathaway, was set to adhere to the traditional ROH Code of Honor when Veda Scott put a stop to that plan. No doubt Caprice Coleman, a man who puts respect and honor above all else, was watching this unfold.

Coleman has become a veteran leader among the younger and less experienced athletes in ROH, guiding them with his unique combination of wisdom and positivity. He's expressed his desire to impart some of that guidance to Moose, the giant rookie sensation. And there's no better way to learn than to throw down in an ROH ring!

PLUS:
- JAY LETHAL w/TRUTH MARTINI defends his ROH World Television Championship against the winner of the 2015 ROH TOP PROSPECT TOURNAMENT!
- WAR MACHINE teams for the first time since August 9, 2014 when RAYMOND ROWE returns from injury!
- ROH World Champion JAY BRISCOE addresses the fallout from the 13TH ANNIVERSARY![
/quote]