Official Conquest Tour (TV Tapings) Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
jslonaker12

Re: Official Conquest Tour (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by jslonaker12 »

I also attended the TV tapings on Saturday night in Baltimore! The house was up something crazy compared to 4/19/14 & 11/22/14 shows. We usually grab a bite/drinks at Mutiny Bar & Grill before the show and get there sometime in the 5:30 window. I'm not a huge merch guy so as long as I have time to get in the venue, take a leak, and get to my seats, I'm good. The line to get in the building was sooo long. Didn't get into the building until about 6:05 as Sydal's music hit. Made it my Row 5 seats as The Addiction made it to the ring. There was tons of people still trying to get in the building during first and second matches. I'm assuming the increase in attendance was due to Joe's first match back, Styles, and the Bucks. Or maybe it was the much hyped return of QT Marshall, who knows?

Things started off hot as shit! The Kingdom/ACH & Sydal was a good opener. Never really hit that 5th gear though. KRD interference. Bucks/Kingdom was great! Bucks are so over. Tons of near falls near the end had the crowd losing their minds. Expected Kingdom to go over as they're making their push towards a reDRagon feud. KRD interfered again, but was sooo good it didn't take away from the match. Popped hard as shit for Castle as I follow him in Chikara. Him and Lethal put on a nice, fun 10 minute match. Fish/Strong was the sleeper of the show. Great back and forth between the two. Jacobs/Briscoe was good, nothing that blew me away but wasn't bad either. Intermission.

Moose started what we thought was the 3rd episode. Good squash for Moose over Coleman. Then the show started to come to a slow crawl. Ugh! The 90 minutes of Elgin/Ferrerra, Kingdom/Jobbers, War Machine/Jobbers, Elgin/War Machine, Colby Corino angle, ACH/QT Marshall was sooo brutal! Everytime we thought we were gonna get Styles/Briscoe, it was another match. Styles/Briscoe was really entertaining. Tons of people actually left after the Styles match as it was hitting the four hour mark. Joe/O'Reily was soo good. Went longer than I expected.

Not sure how they're gonna arrange these episodes on TV as they essentially taped enough for 4 episodes but only did 3 intro's. I'm assuming they're gonna show Joe/O'Reily on TV before SCOH. But unless they only show highlights, that match will essentially be a whole episode itself.

I'm glad the next trip to Baltimore on 7/25 is simply a house show as this TV taping started to drag come the 4th hour. Sometimes less is more.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Oohh...you're not gonna be happy about what kind of show the ROH website has the next Baltimore show listed as then...

Glad to hear it was good though, thanks for the write-up.
jslonaker12

Post by jslonaker12 »

LOL, thought it was a house show then saw it's a TV taping. It's actually the weekend of my wedding anniversary, so don't think I'm gonna try to drag my wife to another ROH show. She started to give me the look of death once we reached the 4.5 hour mark of the show, LMFAO. I enjoyed this show but I think it was just the pacing of this show that affected the flow as Bucks & The Addiction had to make HOH in Philly. Should of started out w/ a hot tag, then give us some of that filler sprinkled in the middle as opposed to nearly 90 minutes of straight filler that nobody really cared about. Could have also been the fact that I had this brutal family behind me that was at the bottom of the IQ pool. And their body odor was absolutely brutal! I was so happy to get some fresh air after the show.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Chief

Post by Chief »

That was a very great and accurate review. Hats off to the reviewer for being able to remember the promos and crowd chants.

The only thing he got wrong is that the Bucks never attempted the Meltzer Driver. They hit the IndyTaker. Also the Kingdom won the match with a traditional spiked pile driver, not the Meltzer Driver.

Just reading all that reminded me how great of a show it was.
SugarCoatedWhale

Post by SugarCoatedWhale »

Hi guys,new member here.I went to the ROH show this Saturday and it was awesome.A few things happened that I found interesting and want your guys opinions.First off,Jay Briscoe was getting quite a bit of boo's,and a lot of people called him John Cena with how they booked him.He took every move Jimmy Jacobs has,and all of his finishers and signatures in a row,just to beat Jacobs by one jay driller.The crowd was 50/50 during AJ Styles vs Mark Briscoe,which shocked me.Lastly,the way they placed certain matches didn't make sense and actually got fans mad.They had about 3-4 squash matches in a row,and the it was getting old and everybody just wanted to see AJ Styles or Joe.Again,the show was awesome and I got to meet AJ and The Bucks,in which I acted like a school girl when I talked to them.Nick and Matt are two of the nicest guys I have ever met.Nick was talking to me for a good 5 minutes and didn't let me leave without shaking his hand.AJ was nice,but didn't talk alot,which I can understand why.I recommend anybody here to go the the next ROH show that comes to your area.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I wouldn't be surprised if Jacobs using all his finishers was his own idea. I think he's great, but my problem is he's whored his own moveset out for years and made himself look weak. The Contra Code means fuck-all nowadays.

I remember when Nigel was champ, it annoyed me so much how in a typical defence he'd go through 3 Tower of Londons, several Lariats and several Divorce Courts (aka, "he's got that arm submission locked in!"), but you could always at least count on the Jawbreaker Lariat for a finish.
Last Real Man Hype
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

As strong as Briscoe looks, and as weak as Jacobs' offense has become, it makes sense. It's on minor title defense in the grand scheme of things, so it doesn't need to be a toe-to-toe classic. It's a heck of a lot better than Jacobs kicking out of a Jay Driller, as I've thought that people have been kicking out of that too much as it is.
SugarCoatedWhale

Post by SugarCoatedWhale »

I can agree if they all were done at different points,but Jimmy hit them all in a row without stopping or getting reversed,and before that he had also hit a sliced bread #2 of the top rope with him and Jay both on the top rope.
Chief

Post by Chief »

Jay teased a top rope Jay Driller against Jacobs. NOW that would be a sight to see.

Jacobs was perfect in this role. He was a respectable, credible, veteran that could help rebuild Jay coming out of the 13th Anniversary show. Jay took every one of his big moves, kicked out, and then put Jacobs away with a single Jay Driller. As a TV main event, it was both good booking and a good match.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Jimmy is very underrated in my opinion.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Samoa Joe is advertised on the bio page on ROH's Twitter (of all places) as appearing in San Antonio.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TYFDK wrote:Samoa Joe is advertised on the bio page on ROH's Twitter (of all places) as appearing in San Antonio.
That's interesting...

Speaking of San Antonio, does anyone know the status of Alberto El Patron? I know it was reported that he was injured recently, but I also saw a Tweet that he send out recently that basically said "don't believe everything you read on the internet".
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The best wrestling on the planet, Ring of Honor brings the Conquest tour to “The Alamo City” San Antonio, Texas on Saturday night April 4, 2015 for a huge national TV taping. Fans in San Antonio will be the first to witness the fallout from Supercard of Honor IX and you will not want to miss this night of action

The bright stars of the Texas sky will pale in comparison to the Ring of Honor stars that will be in action.

ROH Stars Signed to Appear...
- ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe
- ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini
- ROH World Tag Team Champions reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish)
- Mexican Legend Alberto El Patrón
- The Addiction (Frankie Kazarian & Christopher Daniels)
- War Machine (Ray Rowe & Hanson)
- 2015 Top Prospect Donovan Dijak
- Mark Briscoe
- "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
- “MR ROH” Roderick Strong
- Matt Sydal
- ACH
- Adam Page
- BJ Whitmer
- Moose
- Caprice Coleman
- Cedric Alexander
- Plus More

Matches will be announced shortly, right here at ROHWrestling.com

We are expecting a huge turnout at the Shrine Auditorium on Saturday, April 4th so get your tickets now right here!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The addition of The Killer Elite Squad really adds a lot to this TV Taping IMO. Should be fun to see them vs. War Machine!
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

The stars of Ring of Honor will shine brighter than the Texas sky on April 4, 2015 at the San Antonio Shrine Auditorium!

Our main event will feature the legendary Alberto El Patron returning home to team with #Reborn Matt Sydal and another Texas native, the aerial wizard ACH. They will be taking on a team of ROH legends in “Mr ROH” Roderick Strong & The Briscoe Brothers!

Alberto El Patron has stated since he debuted in Ring of Honor that he wanted to face nothing but the best. He has faced and defeated Strong, ACH and Christopher Daniels in singles match ups. Now with the ever exciting Sydal & ACH by his side, they face three of the very best of not just today, but of ROH history. Sydal & ACH are gaining real traction as a team. Fans have clamored for more and more of the duo since they won Tag Wars 2014. They recognize this as another chance to take step up that ladder of success.

“Mr ROH” Roderick Strong is on fire right now. He has rededicated himself after leaving the Decade in late 2014. So far this year he has proven be the very best Roderick Strong yet and that makes him very dangerous. He does however have a loss against El Patron that he has a burning desire to avenge. This is his chance to do just that.

The Briscoes own nearly every tag team record in ROH and look for all opportunities to further strengthen their legacy. Teaming with Strong against a trio that features a legend and a tag team with a bright future is something the Briscoes see as a real challenge.

While Jay Briscoe is the currently ROH World Champion, it does need to be said that he is facing down his biggest challenge to date at Supercard of Honor IX in Samoa Joe. We all expect this to be a very physical, if not brutal contest and it create a few questions: Will Jay come out champion? Will Jay be physically ready after a war to take on an elite trio in El Patron, Sydal & ACH? Be there in San Antonio to see this special, potentially once in a lifetime match up. You will not be disappointed!
ImageImage
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

That should be a lot of fun!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

New match added: reDRagon vs. The Addiction, with the ROH World Tag Team Titles on the line if reDRagon retain in Redwood City.
There are very few superstars who carry the respect and admiration of both the fans and fellow ROH roster members as “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels. He is seen as an active legend within the ranks of ROH. Daniels is someone that doesn't use his status to get ahead, never “calling in a favor”.

ROH Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness was shocked recently to receive a phone call recently from Daniels. On behalf of his tag team partner in Addiction, Frankie Kazarian, he requested a match with the current ROH World Tag Team Champions reDRagon. He reasoned that The Addiction have never defeated reDRagon and they want to prove to the world and themselves that they can! Nigel was puzzled as Daniels wasn’t asking for a title opportunity. To Daniels this has become bigger than a championship. It is now deeply personal.

Nigel McGuinness has just informed us that on Saturday night April 4, 2015 in San Antonio, Texas, The Addiction will challenge reDRagon. Citing their recent victory on Ring of Honor Television over #Reborn Matt Sydal & ACH, Nigel has stated that if reDRagon are still champions on April 4, 2015, this will be for the ROH World Tag Team Championship.

reDRagon are a force beyond anything ROH has seen before. In just over 2 years they have won the ROH World Tag Team Championships 3 times. They have also won the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Team Championships, all the while defeating the very best tag teams in professional wrestling, including The Addiction. reDRagon still have to contend with The Kingdom at Supercard of Honor IX. If they do make it out, will they have enough left to shut down a super motivated Daniels & Kazarian? You will not want to miss out on this unique encounter.

ROHWrestling.com is where you want to be for the latest news and updates on this amazing card.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Donovan Dijak vs. Dalton Castle has been announced for San Antonio.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Legitimately excited for every match announced so far.