Official Conquest Tour (TV Tapings) Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
dhads7161

Re: Official Conquest Tour (TV Tapings) Thread

Post by dhads7161 »

Wait, weren't The Addiction and The Young Bucks advertised for House of Hardcore?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Yeah, as far as I know, they all made it. Philly's only a couple hours from Baltimore.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Didn't both shows start at the same time though?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I think the TV tapings started at 6.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

ImageImage
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TYFDK wrote:I think the TV tapings started at 6.
Yeah that's a little earlier than the usual 7:30 start time. I think the fact that The Young Bucks & The Addiction had their matches early on in the night helped.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Kaz Twitter last night

Baltimore to Philly now!

BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

– Colby Corino was revealed to be the new young boy for the Decade
Iiiiiiinteresting.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

War Machine vs Dijak & Diesel coming i guess
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Colby in the Decade? Pretty awesome.
MOOSE!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

What's everyone think about Briscoe/Joe being everything but confirmed for SCOH? Should be a great match that is worthy of the main event.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

TYFDK wrote:What's everyone think about Briscoe/Joe being everything but confirmed for SCOH? Should be a great match that is worthy of the main event.
Depends on which Joe we are going to get. If that's the aggressive, brutal, in-your-face Joe, then yes, it's a great main event.
MOOSE!
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

TYFDK wrote:What's everyone think about Briscoe/Joe being everything but confirmed for SCOH? Should be a great match that is worthy of the main event.
I think it was a given, I'm more excited to find out who Liger is wrestling on that show.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Saw someone say on Twitter that the tron/Honortron/Carytron, whatever you want to call it, was up last night so it seems that'll be a permanent fixture to ROH TV tapings as well as PPV's. Someone also said production was improved from last time they were in Baltimore. Gradual improvements always.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Saw someone say on Twitter that the tron/Honortron/Carytron, whatever you want to call it, was up last night so it seems that'll be a permanent fixture to ROH TV tapings as well as PPV's. Someone also said production was improved from last time they were in Baltimore. Gradual improvements always.
ImageImage
Chief

Post by Chief »

Biggest crowd in Baltimore by far.

Here's a shot of the crowd.

You can't even see the bleachers completely full behind the indoor soccer net. You can also see people standing in the lobby watching in the background.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Anybody's thoughts on the Kingdom's continued push towards challenging for the tag titles? How over was Dalton Castle with the crowd? Glad to see the place was packed.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Chief wrote:Biggest crowd in Baltimore by far.

Here's a shot of the crowd.

You can't even see the bleachers completely full behind the indoor soccer net. You can also see people standing in the lobby watching in the background.
Seems like Joe being there definitely helped attendance.
Chief

Post by Chief »

Here are my thoughts from last night:

The first two hours were the best two hours of pro wrestling I've ever witnessed live. Addiction vs. ACH/Sydal, Bucks vs. Kingdom, Strong vs. Fish, and Briscoe vs. Jacobs all delivered and ranged from above average to great.

Kaz did a flipping back suplex into a Daniels double knee face buster to put away ACH/Sydal. Just one of the many cool MOVEZ I saw last night.

I saw so many cool moves and spots that I'm sure I can't remember them all. Match of the night was Joe vs. O'Reilly with Bucks vs. Kingdom right behind it.

Joe was looking a little heavy but god damn he hasn't lost a step. He was sweating like crazy and was looking red like Brock Lesnar after a couple minutes. Fish was working as hard as Joe and O'Reilly on the outside, the dude never stopped talking or moving. Lots of stiff strikes and submission work. O'Reilly worked over Joe's arm. Joe kept teasing the choke and I thought that was going to be the finish, but Joe hit a great looking Muscle Buster instead. One cool little spot saw Joe kneeling while O'Reilly was winding up for a big right kick to the head. Joe ducked early and O'Reilly switched to a big left kick to Joe's injured arm.

The KRD interfered in the first two matches. It was very subtle and the matches were so good that it didn't bother me.

The crowd was SO into the Young Bucks. They were right underneath Joe in popularity. The Bucks are just so fun to watch live. Them and the Kingdom had a hell of a match. Even though the Bucks lost due to interference I think the Kingdom looked great. Their spike pile driver is great. reDRagon came out onto the ramp and had a staredown with the Kingdom after the match.

Jacobs and Briscoe wasn't advertised but it was a hell of a surprise. I could tell by the booking of this match that they realized that the 13th Anniversary didn't do Jay any favors. Jay took absolutely everything Jimmy Jacobs had including a top rope sliced bread and multiple ace crushers. Somehow both ended up bleeding towards the end of the match. But Jacobs really needs to stop doing the spear. He looks like he's a 125 lbs soaking wet.

Dalton Castle was the surprise hit of the show. He came out after Dijak joined the House of Truth and challenged Lethal for the TV title. We had no idea what to think of this dude. He came out in this ridiculous costume with two man servants. Castle stepped on them to get in the ring and then used them as a chair for his promo. He also spread his arm to reveal feathered peacock wings. We started to get behind the ridiculousness of him and then the match started and Castle blew us away. He was so fluid and smooth in the ring and did some real creative spots. Castle and Lethal were on the outside with Lethal leaning against the ring apron. Castle ran at with a dropkick, Lethal ducked, Castle landed on the ring apron and in one fluid motion spun around caught Lethal with a spinning head scissors. So great.

I'll post some more later.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I can't wait for Colby to start idolizing Whitmer. A father/son feud eventually leading to a match between the two would be kind of cool.