Winter Warriors Tour (Philly 1/24/15) TV Tapings Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DXvsNWO1994

Winter Warriors Tour (Philly 1/24/15) TV Tapings Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Figured I set up the spoilers thread for this show, since it's a TV Taping.

Winter Warriors Tour: Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1/24/15

- Six Man Tag - The Bullet Club ("The Phenomenal" AJ Styles & The Young Bucks) vs. ACH, Cedric Alexander & Matt Sydal
- The Semi-Finals & Finals of the 2015 Top Prospect Tournament
- The Kingdom (Matt Taven, Michael Bennett & Maria Kanellis) vs. The Briscoes & ODB
- "Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa vs. Jimmy Jacobs
- "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Moose
- Roderick Strong vs. "God's Gift" QT Marshall
- Hanson vs. The Romantic Touch

- A live edition of "The Fish Tank" with ROH World Tag Team Champions reDRagon!

Also signed to appear:

- ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini)
- The Addiction ("The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian)
- The Decade (BJ Whitmer & Adam Page)
- Caprice Coleman

Keep all spoiler related discussions here...
TYFDK

Re: Winter Warriors Tour (Philly 1/24/15) TV Tapings Thread

Post by TYFDK »

I'm guessing these will have 3 episodes taped, starting the 7th, then Dearborn's Road Rage tapings will be for two weeks, then they'll air a 13th Anniversary Show preview the weekend of the PPV.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Going to be posting results http://goo.gl/ItN2I2
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Welcome to PWInsider.com’s live, ongoing coverage of Ring of Honor’s return to Philadelphia, PA at the 2300 Arena. The show is completely sold out with a little over 1,000 fans, including standing room. The show will be featured on future ROH TV episodes as well, so SPOILER warnings if you don’t want to know what’s going to go down.

Great number for ROH!
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Ring set up with overhead lighting looks pro.
http://instagram.com/p/yQYsA2Bqvv/
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

It's been announced that reDRagon will face the Young Bucks at the 13th Anniversary PPV
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Of course they are... They might as well call the belts the IWGP US Tag Titles or whatever at this point.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

At least reDRagon finally did something heelish besides cheating.
Last Real Man Hype
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I didn't realize cabbage patch was on this show.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I hoped for Sixx vs Dijak to be the finals, i guess Dijak will be the top prospect now to follow the New England streak.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

And you'd be correct.

Which is good, because everything about Ferrara is so forced.
Last Real Man Hype
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I like that they treated Dijak like a real top prospect with all the managers trying to sign him.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Son of a bitch, can we end this Briscoes vs. Kingdom shit already?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

187_Joeism wrote:I like that they treated Dijak like a real top prospect with all the managers trying to sign him.
Going to end up like Bam Bam Bigelow. Wonder who will be his Cpt. Lou? Caprice maybe?
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

So was it Cedric or Caprice in the main event?
Last Real Man Hype
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Marketh. wrote:So was it Cedric or Caprice in the main event?
Cedric
jjankows

Post by jjankows »

Just got back from the show this was by far the most packed show I have seen at the ECW arena. The bathrooms are super clean now and not disgusting so that was a great way to start the night.

-Prospects Tourney out of the 4 it was very obvious Donovan was the standout, the other 3 had no right being on a ROH show.
- Young Bucks were over, I swear I saw 500 Bullet Club shirts tonight. Crowd was excited they get a title shot at the PPV.
-Kingdom vs Briscoes and ODB, it was ashame not to see the champion in a singles match. But Matt Taven shined in multiple spots in the match, best he has looked in a while. Maria plays her role as the coward super beautiful manager to perfection.
- House of Truth vs Bad Influence, Kaz and Daniels don't do it for me in ROH. Haven't showed me anything outside of TNA yet. Feel like they are phoning it in.
- Dijak winning the finals makes sense. Kid has some cool spots, is 6"8, has the look and can go a little
- Red Dragon vs the Decade was alright, had some decent exchanges. The crowd was not into Red Dragon being the good guys after they insulted the Young Bucks an hour earlier
- Episode 3 is by the far the best of the tapings tonight
- Ciampia looked like a monster against Jacobs
- Hanson match did it's job
- Moose got the biggest pop of the night after the Bullet Club. The crowd hated Elgin (great heel) and was super into Moose. Clear good guy and bad guy and the two beat the crap out of each other. Both hit impressive spots. The ending was annoying, but ROH wants to protect both guys. I hope we get Elgin Moose down the road.
-Bullet Club vs Team ROH, This match was non stop from the beginning, it was only 15 minutes but if you blinked you missed a spot. There are way too many spots to go over. This match felt special from the beginning, each ROH guy got a separate entrance and the crowd went Bananas for the Bullet Club. The last time a crowd popped that hard for someone was Bryan Danielson. When this one comes on TV you want to make sure you watch it as soon as possible.

After the show got a picture with Mick Foley's daughter

Overall alright show with an amazing main event.

Disappointing Philly gets TV Tapings in August, They kept calling Philly ROH's home and they give the "best" fans another tv tapings. I think the city deserves a PPV or an IPPV.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

who is this masked man shit?
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

jjankows wrote:Just got back from the show this was by far the most packed show I have seen at the ECW arena. The bathrooms are super clean now and not disgusting so that was a great way to start the night.

-Prospects Tourney out of the 4 it was very obvious Donovan was the standout, the other 3 had no right being on a ROH show.
- Young Bucks were over, I swear I saw 500 Bullet Club shirts tonight. Crowd was excited they get a title shot at the PPV.
-Kingdom vs Briscoes and ODB, it was ashame not to see the champion in a singles match. But Matt Taven shined in multiple spots in the match, best he has looked in a while. Maria plays her role as the coward super beautiful manager to perfection.
- House of Truth vs Bad Influence, Kaz and Daniels don't do it for me in ROH. Haven't showed me anything outside of TNA yet. Feel like they are phoning it in.
- Dijak winning the finals makes sense. Kid has some cool spots, is 6"8, has the look and can go a little
- Red Dragon vs the Decade was alright, had some decent exchanges. The crowd was not into Red Dragon being the good guys after they insulted the Young Bucks an hour earlier
- Episode 3 is by the far the best of the tapings tonight
- Ciampia looked like a monster against Jacobs
- Hanson match did it's job
- Moose got the biggest pop of the night after the Bullet Club. The crowd hated Elgin (great heel) and was super into Moose. Clear good guy and bad guy and the two beat the crap out of each other. Both hit impressive spots. The ending was annoying, but ROH wants to protect both guys. I hope we get Elgin Moose down the road.
-Bullet Club vs Team ROH, This match was non stop from the beginning, it was only 15 minutes but if you blinked you missed a spot. There are way too many spots to go over. This match felt special from the beginning, each ROH guy got a separate entrance and the crowd went Bananas for the Bullet Club. The last time a crowd popped that hard for someone was Bryan Danielson. When this one comes on TV you want to make sure you watch it as soon as possible.

After the show got a picture with Mick Foley's daughter

Overall alright show with an amazing main event.

Disappointing Philly gets TV Tapings in August, They kept calling Philly ROH's home and they give the "best" fans another tv tapings. I think the city deserves a PPV or an IPPV.
Kaz & Daniels/Red Dragon from Best in the World, their TV match against The Young Bucks, and Daniel's singles matches against Cedric and Cole have all been very good matches that I can remember off the top of me head, though match quality is subjective. They haven't been wowing people, and Kaz's singles matches have been a little disappointing, (Though he really hasn't gotten many opportunities to work a good long singles match.) but I definitely wouldn't say that they've been phoning it in.