Winter Warriors Tour (Philly 1/24/15) TV Tapings Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
The Dragon Saga

Re: Winter Warriors Tour (Philly 1/24/15) TV Tapings Thread

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Ring set up with overhead lighting looks pro.
http://instagram.com/p/yQYsA2Bqvv/
According to a dude on Reddit who asked a member of ROH's staff at the merch table, this is actually owned by ROH and not the 2300 Arena. If they can do this at every ROH show they've totally solved all the lighting issues people complain about and it also looks pretty unique to most American fans even though it does resemble NJPW's rig.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Buddy from the show gave a quick recap. He said the show was solid to amazing top to bottom. The Bullet club 6 man was MOTN with the Bullet Club before super over. Apparently Moose vs Elgin was really good as well. He enjoyed all the top Prospect matches and said the Finals (Ferrara vs Dijak) was one of the best matches of the night. Apparently Dijak even hit an Asai Moonsault at 6' 8"!!! Can't wait to see more of his work after last week, him vs Lethal will be fantastic.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
According to a dude on Reddit who asked a member of ROH's staff at the merch table, this is actually owned by ROH and not the 2300 Arena. If they can do this at every ROH show they've totally solved all the lighting issues people complain about and it also looks pretty unique to most American fans even though it does resemble NJPW's rig.
It belongs to the arena, I believe Chikara used it for their finale show.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

According to the recap video on their Facebook Corino blew his voice out during the 6 man tag match.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

fm20000 wrote:who is this masked man shit?
If it's just two guys, I wouldn't be surprised if it's The Bravado Brothers. I have no idea if they're related to those "We Are Coming" promos that have been airing recently.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So what does everyone think of reDRagon vs. The Young Bucks for the 13th Anniversary Show? There's no doubt it'll be fantastic, but I feel like they need to add something to this. It's their 4th Time Meeting (in ROH), and they've already had two regular tag matches and a 2/3 Falls Match. Does some other type of stipulation need to be added? Could they throw in ACH & Matt Sydal for a Three-Way Match, since they were the challengers originally predicted by Meltzer (and who now have nothing to do for this show)?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

YimYac wrote:Apparently Dijak even hit an Asai Moonsault at 6' 8"!!! Can't wait to see more of his work after last week, him vs Lethal will be fantastic.
You mean him vs Alberto.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
ZackAttack

Post by ZackAttack »

Can it be, the masked men are The Bravados? They showed up at the Moose Match and later to confront the Bucks. I hope not, but it seems logical.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

BlackLesnar wrote:
YimYac wrote:Apparently Dijak even hit an Asai Moonsault at 6' 8"!!! Can't wait to see more of his work after last week, him vs Lethal will be fantastic.
You mean him vs Alberto.
I think Lethal's going over Alberto. Really think they're going to keep him as champion for a match with Briscoe at BITW.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
This is probably the rig they had ready to use at BITW but the owners of the Nashville Expo Center wouldn't let them use it.
ZackAttack

Post by ZackAttack »

dhads7161 wrote: I think Lethal's going over Alberto. Really think they're going to keep him as champion for a match with Briscoe at BITW.
I thought this as well. Lethals complaining about the meaning of his title could possibly end in an champion vs. champion Match at BITW. And lets be honest, you don't have much high quality opponents left except for Styles.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

dhads7161 wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:
This is probably the rig they had ready to use at BITW but the owners of the Nashville Expo Center wouldn't let them use it.
Jason Patrick ‏@JasonPatrickWE
@FantasyGodSport only seen pictures, but please tell me that lighting rig is the promotions? That at every show would be incredible.

Mark Brown ‏@FantasyGodSport
@JasonPatrickWE it was the venue's.
ImageImage
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

187_Joeism wrote:Image
For the love of God, please don't be Kingston and Homicide again....
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Jason Patrick ‏@JasonPatrickWE
@FantasyGodSport only seen pictures, but please tell me that lighting rig is the promotions? That at every show would be incredible.

Mark Brown ‏@FantasyGodSport
@JasonPatrickWE it was the venue's.
FFFFFFFFFFF-
Last Real Man Hype
WHG

Post by WHG »

The rig at the ECW Arena (it is theirs as they've had it for House of Hardcore & Chikara) is exactly what ROH should be using. It's freestanding & height adjustable. The issue in Nashville is they were going to hang a truss from the ceiling. This would work very much like their corner towers do now, except it looks 100x better. I imagine storage and transportation would be the issue on something like this, but at least they've now seen a solution.

Hopefully they realize how much it improves the look of the show...as I assume it will...and invest in something similar.

It looked awesome.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

ZackAttack wrote:
dhads7161 wrote: I think Lethal's going over Alberto. Really think they're going to keep him as champion for a match with Briscoe at BITW.
I thought this as well. Lethals complaining about the meaning of his title could possibly end in an champion vs. champion Match at BITW. And lets be honest, you don't have much high quality opponents left except for Styles.
And I don't think they're putting the championship on AJ until they know they can have him for more dates. I'd argue that Ciampa would make sense to win it in the four way getting the pin on Elgin but I'd rather see the Champion vs. Champion feud.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Hopefully the two masked figures showing up turns out they're being led by Rhett Titus. It's time to end this Romantic Touch charade just as about ridiculous as this Briscoes vs. Kingdom feud going on forever.
jjankows

Post by jjankows »

The two wrestlers in the masks were the same size as the young bucks, they walked past me during the Moose Elgin match. Obviously for all we know these two could have been random security and they debut the actual wrestlers at a later show. But if these were the actual guys, think of wrestlers who have the same build as the Bucks.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

jjankows wrote:The two wrestlers in the masks were the same size as the young bucks, they walked past me during the Moose Elgin match. Obviously for all we know these two could have been random security and they debut the actual wrestlers at a later show. But if these were the actual guys, think of wrestlers who have the same build as the Bucks.
Probably just random dudes with average body types until it's time for them to unveil. Sort of like how Aces and 8s were random people until they actually started doing stuff.