ROH Road To 'Final Battle': Tag Wars 2014 Spoilers Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DXvsNWO1994

ROH Road To 'Final Battle': Tag Wars 2014 Spoilers Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's the Spoilers Thread for tonight's TV Tapings in Baltimore, Maryland...

Road To 'Final Battle': Tag Wars 2014
Baltimore, Maryland 11/22/14

- ROH World Tag Team Titles - Four-Way Elimination Match - reDRagon vs. TBD vs. TBD vs. TBD
- Adam Cole vs. Brian Kendrick
- No DQ Match - "Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa vs. Cedric Alexander
- "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Hanson
- Tag Wars 2014 Qualifying Match - The Young Bucks vs. ACH & Matt Sydal
- Tag Wars 2014 Qualifying Match - The Briscoes vs. The House of Truth (ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal & Jay Diesel with Truth Martini)
- Tag Wars 2014 Qualifying Match - The Addiction ("The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs. The Decade (Jimmy Jacobs & BJ Whitmer)
- Caprice Coleman & Will Ferrara vs. Brutal Burgers
- "God's Gift" QT Marshall (with FOX 45's Traffic Jam Jimmy) vs. The Romantic Touch

Also signed to appear:

- Roderick Strong

Keep all discussions here....
DirtyDave

Re: ROH Road To 'Final Battle': Tag Wars 2014 Spoilers Threa

Post by DirtyDave »

we got any results yet?
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

Voices of Wrestling ‏@voiceswrestling

ROH attendance estimate 300 (h/t @georgecjits)

Eric Blum ‏@Eric_Blum88

Great match between @NickJacksonYB/@MattJackson13 & @findevan/ACH in Baltimore
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

This could be big...
@rickmartelCDW 2h2 hours ago
Note that Jay Briscoe isn't carrying the title at this TV taping #rohbaltimore
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:This could be big...
@rickmartelCDW 2h2 hours ago
Note that Jay Briscoe isn't carrying the title at this TV taping #rohbaltimore
i hope to god ROH didn't spoil their final battle main event. hopefully briscoe's working us or the report's wrong. when are these tv tapings set to air?
"Money kept, is twice as good as money burned
And money won, is twice as sweet as money earned"
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DirtyDave wrote: i hope to god ROH didn't spoil their final battle main event. hopefully briscoe's working us or the report's wrong. when are these tv tapings set to air?
Well the Hanson/AJ Styles Match is this weekend's episode. Next weekend's (28th, 29th, 30th) Episode is the 4th Episode from the Lakeland TV Tapings. So the earliest date an episode from these TV Tapings could air would be the weekend of December 5th/6th/7th, so it would feasibly the last Episode before Final Battle.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

It's called Road to Final Battle. So, I doubt they'd have any post-Final Battle spoilers. Really, if Briscoe had the title you could say it was a spoiler too. A tournament is a good thing to take up a couple weeks of TV before the next tapings that kick off the new angles after Final Battle.

Also, attendance is only 300? I'm skeptical that's accurate. That seems really low, especially for Baltimore.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Also, attendance is only 300? I'm skeptical that's accurate. That seems really low, especially for Baltimore.
I'm highly skeptical of this as well. Also, it was tweeted early in the show, which started at 6pm...my guess is it was a late arriving crowd.

I also don't read anything into the Briscoe belt situation. If this stuff airs after FB, which I believe it will, it would look REALLY dated if Briscoe lost and had been wearing the belt. If he wins and doesn't have the belt...it's understandable because he's competing in an event for the Tag Titles in this instance. There's a legit chance that the outcome isn't booked yet...and may depend on Adam Cole's contract situation. This isn't a spoiler, it's flexibility.

That thinking DOES spoil the main event for this show though, which is a lock for reDRagon to retain, because that's be a big mess to clean up before and after Final Battle.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Anyone found results anywhere? I haven't seen any, but here's what I've gathered so far from some pictures on twitter.
-Ciampa vs Alexander caused a lot of carnage
-Papadon made an unexpected appearance in a match with Strong.
-Finals were Sydal/ACH vs Briscoes vs reDRagon vs The Addiction.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Anyone found results anywhere? I haven't seen any, but here's what I've gathered so far from some pictures on twitter.
-Ciampa vs Alexander caused a lot of carnage
-Papadon made an unexpected appearance in a match with Strong.
-Finals were Sydal/ACH vs Briscoes vs reDRagon vs The Addiction.
None! Lots of people tweeting general comments & pics but can't find any results.

Based on Elgin's tweet I believe he got DQd for putting Hanson through a table. Also, I'm thinking it's safe to assume that had reDRagon lost the tag titles that'd have been tweeted by someone by now.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

I was at the tapings. Don't quite remember the order of everything... but...

Episode 1:
The Briscoes defeated The House of Truth. Jay Driller/Froggy Bow combo on J. Diesel.
The Addiction defeated The Decade. Daniels pinned BJ.
ACH & Matt Sydal defeated The Young Bucks after a Shooting Star Press/450 combo on... I think it was Nick Jackson.

Episode 2:
Adam Cole comes out for a promo about Jay Briscoe. Papa Briscoe interrupts from the front row, and after a few words, Briscoe turns his back to Cole and gets superkicked in the back of the head. Jay and Mark rush out while Cole beats a very brave retreat into the crowd.
Roderick Strong defeated Papadon via Death by Roderick
Caprice Coleman & Will Ferrara defeated Brutal Burgers. Brutal Bob was pissed with Cheeseburger and pushed him down before apologizing.
Hanson vs. Michael Elgin went to a no-contest after Elgin put Hanson through a table at ringside.
Tommaso Ciampa defeated Cedric Alexander with a neckbreaker onto the exposed plywood under the canvas. Crazy match, lots of heat, probably the best of the night.

Internet Exclusive Match: Moose squashed someone. Stokely Hardaway introduced Prince Nana as the man who convinced him to turn on RD Evans. Moose vs. Evans was announced for Final Battle.

Episode 3:
Adam Cole defeated Brian Kendrick with the Florida Key
reDRagon defeated The Addiction, The Briscoes, and ACH/Matt Sydal.
-The Addiction eliminated The Briscoes, pinning Mark.
-ACH/Sydal defeated The Addiction with Shooting Star/450 Combo on Daniels
-reDRagon defeated ACH/Sydal with Chasing the Dragon on ACH.

I think I got everything.
-
PeoplesChampion

Post by PeoplesChampion »

roh is making addictions reputation that of a loser,let them win the belt already
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

PeoplesChampion wrote:roh is making addictions reputation that of a loser,let them win the belt already
Unlikely to happen since they're not under contract.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I think they're going to have Addiction turn very soon. Both have said they work better as heels and prefer working as heels, their work as heels is also much better than their work as faces.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

The Dragon Saga wrote:I think they're going to have Addiction turn very soon. Both have said they work better as heels and prefer working as heels, their work as heels is also much better than their work as faces.
Agreed. They couldn't bring them in that way because for his first six months back, Daniels was going to get cheered no matter what.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Burnside wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:I think they're going to have Addiction turn very soon. Both have said they work better as heels and prefer working as heels, their work as heels is also much better than their work as faces.
Agreed. They couldn't bring them in that way because for his first six months back, Daniels was going to get cheered no matter what.
But then there would have to be a team that would need to turn face, right? The Addiction are the really the only babyface tag team on the roster, not counting The Young Bucks (who aren't on as many shows as The Addiction), War Machine (who won't be an active team until Rowe comes back) and The Briscoes (who won't team regularly to go after the Tag Team Titles as long as Jay Briscoe is World Champion). It would think that it has to reDRagon.
The Dragon Saga

reDRagon are heels but they're not exceptionally bad of anything. They're more bad because of how cocky they are, yet, always back up their claims. I could see The Addiction/reDRagon have a completely new dynamic if Addiction turned.
The Dragon Saga

Have seen a couple of videos from the show on Twitter, one from Instagram and one from Larry Mercer's Vine account and both look like there is more than 300 people there. Only small perspective though.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Burnside wrote:
But then there would have to be a team that would need to turn face, right? The Addiction are the really the only babyface tag team on the roster, not counting The Young Bucks (who aren't on as many shows as The Addiction), War Machine (who won't be an active team until Rowe comes back) and The Briscoes (who won't team regularly to go after the Tag Team Titles as long as Jay Briscoe is World Champion). It would think that it has to reDRagon.
ReDRagon will be full-on babyfaces by March at the latest.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:reDRagon are heels but they're not exceptionally bad of anything. They're more bad because of how cocky they are, yet, always back up their claims. I could see The Addiction/reDRagon have a completely new dynamic if Addiction turned.
Burnside wrote: ReDRagon will be full-on babyfaces by March at the latest.
Agreed on both points.