ROH Reloaded Tour (Wheeling, WV 9/27) Spoilers Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
TYFDK

Re: ROH Reloaded Tour (Wheeling, WV 9/27) Spoilers Thread

Post by TYFDK »

Very interesting...can't wait to see that play out on TV.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think Taven will be better with the kingdom, he can tag with Bennett and i think it fits him better being a heel
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

TYFDK wrote:
cgstong wrote:
TYFDK wrote:Is Team Benchmark ever gonna be a thing?
SOTF maybe with them saying it's going to showcase the tag division
I think I missed that. When did they say this?
It was in one of the first news items about SOTF. Can't seem to find it but I remember it being a facebook update where they said that at the SOTF events they would showcase their tag team division.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
fudge

Post by fudge »

Mark briscoe over caprice
fudge

Post by fudge »

Nigel calls out tomasso. Reinstated him. Zero tolerance policy. Can't attack any official. Gets into it with Nigel over wanting a title shot. Jay comes out. They get into it a bit. Kingdom comes out takes out jay. Mark comes out and he goes down too.
fudge

Post by fudge »

Page/Whitmer over brutal burgers
fudge

Post by fudge »

Styles over sydal via clash
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Wonder if they announced a return date for Wheeling, or perhaps Pittsburgh?
fudge

Post by fudge »

I don't think they did
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Were Monster Mafia on these tapings? And who were Prince Nana's guys?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

They weren't, and I'm pretty sure it was a tag team called The Painkillers.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

A tag team with the name Painkillers should only have that name if their ring names are Advil and Alieve.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

fudge wrote:Page/Whitmer over brutal burgers
Hottest tag team division in pro wrestling!
And I'm already dreading Corino's un-amusing jokes about the "Painkillers."

Sounds like there is definitely some good stuff coming out of these shows though. Not quite sure how Taven will fit in The Kingdom. Cole/Bennett is a much more threatening team than Taven/Bennett, but now Cole can shine more in singles.

Looking forward to seeing if Ciampa abides by the rules or continues to lose control.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

4 hour show, so the crowd was definitely a bit burned out when it was time for Sydal vs. Styles. Also I think ACH is definitely on the shit list at the moment, since he only worked the honor rumble and I believe he was the only guy to not have a match outside of it. Lesson of the day is, don't miss the PPV without a better excuse than 'I must have missed my flight'

Missed the introduction for the dark match as I was getting food when it started. QT over some guy I do not know.

I couldn't see Kelly's co hosts, though I think it was Nigel in the first one and Martini in the last.

TV Episode 1

RD Evans & Moose vs. Nana's Team (bad acoustics where I was). They look like a Mongols/ Missing Link thing. Very muscular pair whoever they are. RD pulled a muscle stepping into the ring and had to immidiately tag out to Moose. Which is to say RD was being his great self. Moose gets some seasoning I can see him being good. He's showing a handful of good moves for a guy his size.

The Streak is 154-0. And Nana already has a team that looks twice as good as Outlaw Inc. All it took was one outing.

Was going to do a total breakdown on the Honor Rumble, then too many guys get eliminated at the end. I'll try to keep things kind of basic overall thing.

Definitely the best Honor Rumble to date, IMO, since the order of entry helped with storylines from nearly start to finish. Lethal and Diesal working as a team early. Roddy 'accidentily' tossing out Page. Ciampa trying to sneak into Cedric's spot (Cedric held his neck a lot when he entered, so it's safe to assume Ciampa hit him backstage) Even Will Ferrara eliminating both Jay and Jay, resulting in a beat down and TV title shot later in the show was there. Ending with Cole getting tossed and Bennett surviving was the first sign of dissension in the Kingdom.

Show 2

Hanson vs. Romantic Touch. RT serves his purpose of being competitive jobber well.

Kingdom segment has an angry Cole placated by Maria whispering in his ear.

No DQ: TD Thomas vs. Adam Page. This was good but way too brief. TD leaves the Decade after clocking Jacobs in the head with a chair.

Cedric vs. Cole. Yes! They give this match the time it needed to get good. Little slow to start, but they got rolling. Damn, Cedric ate some nasty looking superkicks. MOTN, IMO

Show 3

All 3 titles on the line in the show

reDRagon vs. Jacobs & Roddy. This one suffered from a time constraint thing. Also it was mostly used as an angle to cause more dissension in the Decade's ranks. I couldn't hear (no intermission until hour 3, so I went to the head after the match but made it back before the angle was over), but someone said Roddy might have officially quit the Decade as well.

They really are pushing the Decade angle these shows. Same with the Kingdom.

TV Title match is Lethal vs. Will Ferrara. Lethal was booked strong in this and Ferrara the plucky underdog.

World Title match: Jay Briscoe vs. Bennett. I thought it was an all around solid match and definitely where you want a Bennett title match, on TV and not MEing a show. There was only one point where I legit thought Bennett was going to get the pin, but luckily they didn't go that path.

Oh, what a surprise. Matt Taven was the new Matt that has joined the Kingdom. (I'm pretty sure everyone called it)

Show 4

Mark Briscoe vs. Caprice

Caprice is underrated. Nice 5 minute match

Ciampa Nigel in the ring talk about letting Ciampa back. Ciampa needs to be a heel as he sounds like an ass (in character). Jay comes out when Ciampa shoots his mouth off about getting a title shot right away. This lets the Kingdom beatdown the Briscoes once again. This is getting to be a habit with them.

Brutal Burgers vs. BJ Whitmer & Adam Page

Page pulled triple duty tonight. I think between the rumble and this, Bob took two tossed out to the floor spots with no attempt to slow the impact down. Didn't grab the ropes or anything. Just straight to the floor.

And the big one. From a technical standpoint, I doubt this will look higher than ***1/2 or so. Sydal was allowed to showcase himself, and he does still have it. I know I marked out just because I got to see Styles and Sydal in the ring together live. Either Styles was really selling his leg or it's bothering him as after the match he seemed to be limping noticably.
Last edited by DBSommer on Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fudge

Post by fudge »

there was no steve corino. kevin kelly had multiple commentary partners throughout the night. nigel, caprice, truth, jacobs
attendance looked good. all of the floor seating was sold. couple rows on each side about 20 or so seats each row. good bit of 1 side of general admission was filled up. id say attendance was 500-600 but im normally pretty bad with those kinds of numbers. noticed a good chunk of people left after the 3rd show. me and my 2 friends were the only people left in a filled up row

match of the night was cole/cedric. this is coming from someone who doesnt really even care for cedric. runner up was bennett/briscoe in my opinion. styles/sydal was good though too.
adduvall84

Post by adduvall84 »

Just got back from the show....some notes....

*Nana's guys were no one I've ever seen. One had nearly his entire body painted red. Very roided up, very bulky guys. Nothing special.

*Honor Rumble was pretty fast. Lethal and ACH went two mins. then it went to one minute intervals.

*The exchange between Ciampa and McGuinness was pretty great. Ciampa really pushing Nigel's buttons, saying he might respect him if it were 2008, but he's nobody anymore. The Ciampa/Briscoe exchange was pretty great stuff too.

*Don't think anyone mentioned it, but they sort of teased at Cole turning on The Kingdom. Adam was CLEARLY pissed when Bennett won the Honor Rumble. They both came back later to cut an in ring promo and Cole got in Bennett's face and said that this wasn't the plan. Maria then went up to Cole and whispered something in his ear. After that, Cole was fine and congratulated Bennett and said he knew he'd bring the title to the Kingdom. I could hear Kevin Kelly yelling "What did she say to him?".

*Cole/Alexander was really REALLY good. Hot crowd for this.

*I really suck at guessing attendance's, but if I HAD to guess, I'd say around 1,000. The building was pretty huge, with bleachers stretching up pretty far, but there were 2 sides that they totally didn't use. The other bleacher side was pretty full, as was the floor. Very nice building, should look great on TV.

*Commentary was Kelly/Nigel for 2 eps., Kelly/Coleman for 1 ep. and Kelly/Truth for the final episode.

*Styles/Sydal was really good, super hot crowd that stood almost the entire time. Matt looked great and during the autograph signing, he seemed REALLY happy to be back.

*No return date to Pittsburgh/Wheeling area announced.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/adduvall1984
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

TYFDK wrote:They weren't, and I'm pretty sure it was a tag team called The Painkillers.
They definitely aren't the two skinny white guys on the circuit that go by that name. They didn't catch it at PWPonderings either. Now it bugs me as I am curious as to who they are. And no, they aren't Dev. Corp. guys either. :)
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Corino was wrestling on a England tour, that´s why he missed the tapings.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

DBSommer wrote:
TYFDK wrote:They weren't, and I'm pretty sure it was a tag team called The Painkillers.
They definitely aren't the two skinny white guys on the circuit that go by that name. They didn't catch it at PWPonderings either. Now it bugs me as I am curious as to who they are. And no, they aren't Dev. Corp. guys either. :)
Ah, I just read 'face paint' and assumed it was them. Looking back, I don't think anyone even said face paint.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Coleman on commentary? Oh no.