Summer Heat Tour Spoilers Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Summer Heat Tour Spoilers Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROHFan25 wrote:Yep those are my top 2 ROH matches from this year at ****3/4 and ****1/2 each. Think the highest non NJPW/ROH match I have is **** Elgin/Cole BITW.
What about matches like Hero/Styles, Elgin/Steen, Elgin/Briscoes vs. Steen/Young Bucks?
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Steen/Bucks vs Elgin/Briscoes I had at ****1/4...forgot that one. That was the match in Milwaukee. That was a great weekend in general. AJ/Hero **** (I hate Hero, think he's pretty bad) and Elgin/Steen ***1/2 after a rewatch. You're talking about the one from the shows right before Global Wars/WOTW right?
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

Some notes from the third taping. Bad Influence vs. The Young Bucks was awesome. I would say at least a 4 star match. Not as great as Lethal vs. ACH but still great. Silas and Brian Kendrick had a very good competitive match. Brian Kendrick seemed really motivated and took a hard suplex off the apron straight to the floor. Silas won. Watanabe and Coleman vs. Whitmer and Jacobs was ok. After the match The Decade offered Watanabe a Decade shirt but Coleman talked him out of joining them. Taven vs Jay Diesel was eh. I really don't like Taven at all and Diesel is very bland. Diesel ended up hitting Taven with handcuffs and then handcuffed him to the ropes. He then left and the House of Truth came out and beat down Taven.

Overall a very good set of tapings. Only thing that disappointed me was the Elgin match. I have no idea why Elgin and Cedric didn't click tonight but for whatever reason they just didn't. Match was going good with Elgin working over the knee. He kept going for the Stretch Muffler(I think that's what it's called; it's like a Single Leg Boston Crab behind your head.) The finish saw Cedric go for a corner dropkick and Elgin caught him on his back and transitioned into the Muffler to get a tap out. The finish was very cool but came completely out of nowhere. There was good stuff in the match but overall it never got into the second gear. It will probably come off better on tv but was nowhere near as good as there match from Flying High.

Moose was impressive in his match and the fans loved him and were chanting Moose all night. Moose has now sided with RD Evans and Veda Scott. Attendence was very good with a way higher number then the Philly TV Tapings after the 12th Anniversary show. Hot crowd too.

Live Star Ratings:
ACH vs. Lethal ****1/4-****1/2
Kaz and Daniels vs. Young Bucks ****-****1/4
Briscoes vs. War Machine ***1/2
Kendrick vs. Young ***1/4
Elgin vs. Cedric **3/4-***(This match will probably come off better on tv though. But it will probably end up being in that star rating range.)
Ciampa vs. Romero **3/4-***
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

Mr. Orange wrote:Some notes from the third taping. Bad Influence vs. The Young Bucks was awesome. I would say at least a 4 star match. Not as great as Lethal vs. ACH but still great. Silas and Brian Kendrick had a very good competitive match. Brian Kendrick seemed really motivated and took a hard suplex off the apron straight to the floor. Silas won. Watanabe and Coleman vs. Whitmer and Jacobs was ok. After the match The Decade offered Watanabe a Decade shirt but Coleman talked him out of joining them. Taven vs Jay Diesel was eh. I really don't like Taven at all and Diesel is very bland. Diesel ended up hitting Taven with handcuffs and then handcuffed him to the ropes. He then left and the House of Truth came out and beat down Taven.

Overall a very good set of tapings. Only thing that disappointed me was the Elgin match. I have no idea why Elgin and Cedric didn't click tonight but for whatever reason they just didn't. Match was going good with Elgin working over the knee. He kept going for the Stretch Muffler(I think that's what it's called; it's like a Single Leg Boston Crab behind your head.) The finish saw Cedric go for a corner dropkick and Elgin caught him on his back and transitioned into the Muffler to get a tap out. The finish was very cool but came completely out of nowhere. There was good stuff in the match but overall it never got into the second gear. It will probably come off better on tv but was nowhere near as good as there match from Flying High.

Moose was impressive in his match and the fans loved him and were chanting Moose all night. Moose has now sided with RD Evans and Veda Scott. Attendence was very good with a way higher number then the Philly TV Tapings after the 12th Anniversary show. Hot crowd too.

Live Star Ratings:
ACH vs. Lethal ****1/4-****1/2
Kaz and Daniels vs. Young Bucks ****-****1/4
Briscoes vs. War Machine ***1/2
Kendrick vs. Young ***1/4
Elgin vs. Cedric **3/4-***(This match will probably come off better on tv though. But it will probably end up being in that star rating range.)
Ciampa vs. Romero **3/4-***
God dammit, I'm going to end up eating a Mike Mondo t-shirt.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

Haha yeah the match he was in was pretty short but the crowd was loving him. He is definitely green but he showed a lot of promise. Literally the entire night after his match the fans were chanting Moose every chance they could get.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Mr. Orange wrote:Haha yeah the match he was in was pretty short but the crowd was loving him. He is definitely green but he showed a lot of promise. Literally the entire night after his match the fans were chanting Moose every chance they could get.
He and RD are more about character than ability, so it's a good idea to put them together. They'll be over with the fans even if the match doesn't hit higher than *** on in ring performance. He's what QT should have been, but could never be. :)
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

RD Evans also had a hilarious line during the segment where he recruited moose. He goes, "Every Offensive lineman needs a quarterback. Moose... Will you be my lineman?" It was hilarious.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

You pick up any merch? Would be interested to see how they've put 2 discs worth of reDRagon for sale and if It'd be worth purchasing. You've their matches with The Wolves, The Briscoes, The Bucks, Kaz and Daniels, Forever Hooligans, etc, but I wouldn't like to see their matches with the likes of Alabama Attitude or Outlaw Inc on there.
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I did not pick up anything at the merch table last night. I did notice though they were selling streamers at the Merch Table which really is a great idea. They should have been doing that years ago.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Glad they didn't do something stupid like having Moose win against Evans because of Veda like I was expecting. I'm going to love the interactions between Moose and Ramon :)
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Thelone wrote:Glad they didn't do something stupid like having Moose win against Evans because of Veda like I was expecting. I'm going to love the interactions between Moose and Ramon :)
I see Ramon breaking with RD and forming a team with another angry guy: QT Marshall. Talk about heat and people cheering the faces. :)