Summer Heat Tour Spoilers Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
Montana

Re: Summer Heat Tour Spoilers Thread

Post by Montana »

Lots of Brawling... No weapons. Corino took a cheap shot to start the match. Comparable to their matches from a few years back, but no weapons.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

ROHFan25 wrote:I could be wrong but weren't the 3 title matches for Brooklyn supposed to be announced tonight?
No, I remember reading that as well.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

RESULTS FROM THE CINCINNATI SUMMER HEAT TOUR STOP
FRI, JULY 18TH, 2014
On Friday night, the ROH SUMMER HEAT TOUR hit Cincinnati! Here's everything that went down in the Queen City:

- Head Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness announced that Michael Bennett had been stricken with food poisoning and could not wrestle that night - but his replacement was yet to be announced. Additionally, because ofAlex Koslov's shoulder injury, Tommaso Ciampa would be stepping in to partner with Rocky Romero.

- ROH World Tag Team Champions reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) defeated Tommaso Ciampa & Rocky Romero. After a bit of miscommunication, Ciampa and Romero got into a post-match scuffle.

- ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal w/Truth Martini retained his title against The Romantic Touch. Lethal seemed obsessed with the idea that Matt Taven was masquerading at Romantic Touch once again and made attempts to remove the mask.

- The Decade (BJ Whitmer, Adam Page, and Jimmy Jacobs) defeated the team of Cedric Alexander, ACH, and Caprice Coleman. Jimmy Jacobs forced Tadarius Thomas to withdraw from the match and Jacobs replaced him.

- Silas Young defeated Kevin Steen in a No DQ match. This was part of Steen's farewell tour and second-to-last ROH match. Afterwards, Steen thanked the fans.

- Four Corner Survival: RD Evans w/Veda Scott got a victory over Ethan Gabriel Owens, Matt Taven, and Moose. Taven left the match after Truth Martini interfered. Evans pinned Owens after Owens ate a Moose spear. The New Streak is now 135-0.

- The Briscoe Brothers vs. War Machine match was ruled a No Contest. Adam Cole and his partner for the night, Jay Lethal jumped both teams after a wild match was underway. This lead to Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian entering the fray.

- "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian defeated Adam Cole and Jay Lethal. Lethal took the place of Michael Bennett. Truth Martini and Maria were ejected from ringside by the Briscoes.

- ROH World Champion "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin retained his title against Roderick Strong. Strong was Elgin's first challenger to the title he won at BEST IN THE WORLD. This was a hard fought battle between a former champion and the current champ, but in the end Elgin forced the match to end with a crossface.
So, what about Matt Hardy if Strong was the first challenger ? :roll:
ImageImage
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Benoit'd for the time being maybe ?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

I attribute it to the shoddy website people. We're lucky if they can spell correctly.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Ladrao12 wrote:
ROHFan25 wrote:I could be wrong but weren't the 3 title matches for Brooklyn supposed to be announced tonight?
No, I remember reading that as well.
You are absolutely right, this is on the Field Of Honor event page :
ALL Ring of Honor titles will be defended this night! According to Nigel McGuinness, all the scheduled title defenses will be announced this Saturday night in Dearborn.
DBSommer wrote:I attribute it to the shoddy website people. We're lucky if they can spell correctly.
I forgive him if he is the one who chose Steve Corino's profile pic on the website.
ImageImage
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Does anyone think that with Tyson Dux coming out during the O'Reilly/Elgin match, then having a match (and winning) the next episode, is a sign that maybe he's joined the roster?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Not really. He lives close enough, the match just seems to be a short filler bout and it's not like he beat a big name or anything.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I wouldn't rule out a reDRagon vs. Elgin/Dux match, possibly for the World Tag Team Titles, on a future live event.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I wouldn't rule out a reDRagon vs. Elgin/Dux match, possibly for the World Tag Team Titles, on a future live event.
That would fucking rule!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Since tonight's show is a TV Taping like Dearborn, discussions of the show (spoiler free, of course), will take place here:

Summer Heat Tour: Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 8/9/14

- ROH World Title - "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Cedric Alexander
- The Young Bucks vs. Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian
- ROH World TV Title - Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini) vs. ACH
- Silas Young vs. Brian Kendrick
- Rocky Romero vs. "Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa
- The Briscoes vs. War Machine
- Moose vs. RD Evans
- The Decade (BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs) vs. Caprice Coleman & Takaaki Watanabe
- Matt Taven vs. Jay Diesel

- Women Of Honor Match (Pre-Show) - Veda Scott vs. Sumie Sakai

Signed To Appear:

- Prince Nana
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

ROH Summer Heat Tour Philly 08/09/14 Results (TV SPOILERS) http://goo.gl/Aia5aq

Dark match: Sumie Sakai def Veda Scott with a roll of the dice-type move

Three episodes to be taped tonight. Kevin Kelly & Steve Corino introduced separately as usual.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

ROH TV Title
Jay Lethal vs ACH went to time limit draw (30 mins) Lethal left and there was a standing ovation for ACH
I thought that the time limit for a TV title match was 15 minutes but okay.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Thelone wrote:
ROH TV Title
Jay Lethal vs ACH went to time limit draw (30 mins) Lethal left and there was a standing ovation for ACH
I thought that the time limit for a TV title match was 15 minutes but okay.
We should all know by now that they're never consistent with that...
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

At the tv tapings now. ACH vs Lethal was amazing. Like probably one of the best ROH matches to take place this year. Hanson and Rowe had a good match with the Briscoes which escalated into an insane post match brawl with Mark taking a sick bump off the apron through a table. Cedric vs Elgin left me very disappointed. I loved their match earlier this year and this fell very short of that. There was some awkward spots and it ended out of nowhere. It may come off better on TV but live something just didn't get to that next level. I'll talk more when I get home.

Live star ratings so far for the important matches.
Lethal vs ACH - ****1/4-****1/2 range
Briscoes vs War Machine ***1/2 but post match stuff was awesome
Cedric vs Elgin **3/4
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Still waiting for Elgin to have a good title defense...
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROHFan25 wrote:Still waiting for Elgin to have a good title defense...
His match with Strong in Cincinnati was very good, and I'm very looking forward to seeing his match with O'Reilly (I'm imagine that will be very good also).
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Thought his match with Roddy was decent at best. O'Reilly should be a lot of fun. I don't know why I really expect ****1/2 matches out of ROH still though. I know that they really don't allow the talent to go all out. I'm still stuck in the past where Dragon would have ****+ matches every single night. Can't move on though :(

And NJPW definitely doesn't help.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROHFan25 wrote:Thought his match with Roddy was decent at best. O'Reilly should be a lot of fun. I don't know why I really expect ****1/2 matches out of ROH still though. I know that they really don't allow the talent to go all out. I'm still stuck in the past where Dragon would have ****+ matches every single night. Can't move on though :(

And NJPW definitely doesn't help.
There have been a ton of really great matches in ROH this year (two reDRagon/Young Bucks matches being right up there).
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Yep those are my top 2 ROH matches from this year at ****3/4 and ****1/2 each. Think the highest non NJPW/ROH match I have is **** Elgin/Cole BITW.