Summer Heat Tour Spoilers Thread

*Spoilers!* This is the place to discuss the latest ROH announcements and events before they've aired on TV.
DXvsNWO1994

Summer Heat Tour Spoilers Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Since the show tonight in Dearborn is a National TV Taping, figured I'd start this to make things a little easier.

Summer Heat Tour: Dearborn (National TV Taping)
Dearborn, Michigan 7/19/14

- Kevin Steen vs. Steve Corino
- ROH World Title - "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Michael Bennett (with Maria Kanellis)
- Adam Cole vs. Rocky Romero
- Four Corner Tag Team Contender's Match - Christopher Daniels & Franke Kazarian vs. The Decade (Jimmy Jacobs & BJ Whitmer) vs. War Machine vs. The Briscoes
- #1 Contender's Gauntlet Match
- ACH vs. TaDarius Thomas

Signed To Appear:

- ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini)
- ROH World Tag Team Champions reDRagon
- Roderick Strong
- "Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa
- Cedric Alexander
- Silas Young
- Matt Taven
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: Summer Heat Tour Spoilers Thread

Post by cgstong »

Posting results here http://wp.me/p1rVA2-9YY
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

That shit with Monster Mafia's """visa problems""" is so ridiculous. ROH doesn't want two Alexanders and two Pages on the roster and that's fine, so can we just stop with that ?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Unbreakable

Post by Unbreakable »

Monster Mafia have indeed debuted and lost to reDragon. Still a debut.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Thelone, I could be wrong, but I think it was legit. They stopped working other US indies during that time as well.

Unbreakable, MM actually debuted as a team at A New Dawn last year, against reDRagon.
Unbreakable

Post by Unbreakable »

*Returned then.

Bad Influence are the contenders btw.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Decade desperately need to start beating "the guys that left".
Last Real Man Hype
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

TYFDK wrote:Thelone, I could be wrong, but I think it was legit. They stopped working other US indies during that time as well.
Not at all according to CageMatch, and that's why I never bought it. When O'Reilly had visa problems, you never saw him pop up on canadian shows on a regular basis.

Anyway, not-BI have another shot at the tag titles and there's a gauntlet match going on for a shot at the world title tonight since Bennett is still out.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

O'Reilly was stuck in the US, from what I remember from his Kevin Steen Show. He feared not being let back into America if he went to Canada, I believe.
Last Real Man Hype
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Thelone wrote:That shit with Monster Mafia's """visa problems""" is so ridiculous. ROH doesn't want two Alexanders and two Pages on the roster and that's fine, so can we just stop with that ?
The visa issues are legit man according to Page & Alexander and they go lengths beyond what would be necessary if it wasn't real.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Unbreakable

Post by Unbreakable »

Aw yeah, Elgin vs. O'Reilly for the belt. Dux is on Elgin's corner while Fish is on Kyle's.

3/39. Cedric Alexander and Silas Young are the next.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

These TV Tapings sound really good. Can't wait to see Elgin vs. O'Reilly for the World Title. Should be awesome! The only thing I would complain about is that it happened on a TV Taping, unannounced, with no build, but you can't control when people get food poisoning, so it is what it is. Will still be awesome regardless.

So Elgin vs. Alexander for the World Title in Philadelphia. That should be all kinds of awesome!!
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

I could be wrong but weren't the 3 title matches for Brooklyn supposed to be announced tonight?
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

These sound like a really good set of tapings!
O'Reilly vs Elgin is a terrific surprise; I can't wait to watch it!
Cedric getting a future title shot is real cool, and it sounds like they may be starting a build to a Ciampa title shot, plus promoting the upcoming Young match, and throwing Cole in there for some revenge as well. After one show there's now a legitimate field of contenders in line for a title shot.

A lot of the other matches sound interesting/good as well, and I can't wait to see Steen's final ROH match. It's kind of a bummer if that doesn't get put on a dvd for a while because I was planning on getting this show for sure, just for that.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I'm really sad they did not save O'Reilly vs Elgin for DBD or another big show, this in my eyes was one of the biggest match-ups possible with the active roster.
Still sounds like some awesome tapings, MM vs reDRagon, O'Reilly/Elgin and the 4-Way all sound must-see! Hopefully Monster Mafia is booked more often from now onwards!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:A lot of the other matches sound interesting/good as well, and I can't wait to see Steen's final ROH match. It's kind of a bummer if that doesn't get put on a dvd for a while because I was planning on getting this show for sure, just for that.
Usually, they don't put TV Taping on DVD...
ImageImage
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Sounds like Steen got a proper sendoff. I thought ROH didn't do that stuff anymore since they are now a "tv company instead of just another indy". Don't get me wrong I'm glad he did, but why didn't Eddie Edwards get that? Getting jabbed in the eye by Jimmy Jacobs is not a proper sendoff :lol:
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Really do hope this is a Glory By Honor 12/Pursuit Weekend/Wrestling's Finest style TV taping which is also released on DVD. Would be a shame if Steen's last appearance sort of disappears onto TV - where most of it will be edited out.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Overall great show live i thought. Big crowd, most ever in dearborn. I'd say 700-800, but hard to count, with a lot of people standing.

The Dark match was probably one of the best dark matches i've seen.

First Show... A couple of real solid matches. Headgear was way over... and for the rest of the night. The 4 way tag pretty was pretty good too.

Second Show... The hour long gauntlet match... This one was kinda poorly booked, and there is a reason why gauntlet matches typically have quick pins. This did not, and most of these were semi-full matches. This match felt like it drug on. It got better towards the end. I thought it was for a tV title shot, until Elgin came out at the end.

Third show (Before intermission) to the crowd was gassed after that iron man/gaunlet match. Cole/Rocky was very solid. I think Moose wrestled a squash match. And then Elgin to O Reily for the belt. Probably match of the night. About 4 stars give or take.

Intermission at around 1030 pm i thought, so the placed flooded out, and came back.

4th show - ACH vs TD , suprisingly this was an awesome match. I'd say close to 4 stars. Champia vs Page nice quick match. THen Steen vs Corino. Which i thought was perfectly done. Nice Old School Corino intro. Very good match, and a proper send off. Was nice to see a lot of people most likely drove in, to see Steen's last match. Very cool "moment"

Probably the best Detroit show in a long time. Would be sweet to get this on DVD. Overall i'd say about 7 matches over 3 stars... and most in the 3.5 range. What the heck, I'll rank the matches.

1) Elgin Vs. O Reily (4)
2) ACH vs. TD (3.75)
3) Steen vs. Corino (3.75)
4) Rocky Vs. Cole (3.5)
5) 4 Way Tag (3.5)
6) Reddragon vs. Headgear (3.25)
7) Gauntlet Match (3.0)
Last edited by Montana on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Was Corino/Steen completely straight? No weapons or brawling?
Last Real Man Hype